• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 Extras Downloader
Hi Guys,

I'm a noob to the whole XBMC and Aoen- Nox environment and media center. So far i have been blown away by it!!!!Like seriously blown away by it!!! Especially with the XBMC.

The Aeon skin is an absolutely wonder to see when all my media is loaded and looking all grand!!!! Big up to the creators of such an amazing skin!!!

I think I'm missing a few gits/version updates of the Aeon-nox. I'm still using Version 4.09.00 of Nox and i have no idea where to get the latest version of Nox and it's killing me that i can't get it, because of all the wonderful screenshots I see in this forum.

Can you please provide a link to the latest Git/version of nox.

Another thing is the Add-on extras, do I just click on the download link and it will send me to the where I can get it??

Once again BIG UPS!!!!!!! to THE CREATORS!!! YOU GUYS ARE GODS TO THE MEDIA WORLD!!
(2013-04-05, 09:50)TBT1 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I'm a noob to the whole XBMC and Aoen- Nox environment and media center. So far i have been blown away by it!!!!Like seriously blown away by it!!! Especially with the XBMC.

The Aeon skin is an absolutely wonder to see when all my media is loaded and looking all grand!!!! Big up to the creators of such an amazing skin!!!

I think I'm missing a few gits/version updates of the Aeon-nox. I'm still using Version 4.09.00 of Nox and i have no idea where to get the latest version of Nox and it's killing me that i can't get it, because of all the wonderful screenshots I see in this forum.

Another thing is the Add-on extras, do I just click on the download link and it will send me to the where I can get it??

Once again BIG UPS!!!!!!! to THE CREATORS!!! YOU GUYS ARE GODS TO THE MEDIA WORLD!!
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/commits/master
(2013-04-05, 11:29)ferent Wrote:

Thanks a million!!!!..for the point in direction.

Down side i have no idea how to use these codes or where to add them to XMBC/Aeon.

I'm still a fresh user of XBMC and Aeon! lol..Only installed XBMC like day before yesterday and I'm still figuring things out.

But thanks again for the direction
(2013-04-05, 13:06)TBT1 Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 11:29)ferent Wrote:

Thanks a million!!!!..for the point in direction.

Down side i have no idea how to use these codes or where to add them to XMBC/Aeon.

I'm still a fresh user of XBMC and Aeon! lol..Only installed XBMC like day before yesterday and I'm still figuring things out.

But thanks again for the direction

Probably not how others do it, but what I do:

1. Download Github
2. make a directory named Github on your computer, like C:\Github
4. install and run software, it will ask where to put your hubs, select the folder you just made.
5. goto Aeon Nox Master Branch
6. Click "Clone in windows"
7. It will make a folder named "Aeon-Nox" in the github folder you made above.
8. After it downloads, make a folder named skin.aeon.git in:
C:\Users\"Your Username"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\
Copy the content from the Aeon-Nox folder above to the new skin.aeon.git folder you just made. Do not copy the .git folder
9. Open the addon.xml file in the skin.aeon.git folder and change id=skin.aeon.nox to id="skin.aeon.git" this will prevent aeon nox from being over written by the repo.
10. Download and install the nox extra downloader, open the default.py file with a notpad editor (like TED notpad) and change skin.aeon.nox to skin.aeon.git (So downloads goto the right place)
11. ENJOY.

The reason I do it like this is so I can check out the new changes before I add them as I like controling what I use and don't use.
Anyway this is what I do, others may advise other ways.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
this is the quickest and most flexible way to do this:

1. Download and install msysgit http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list
2. clone our repo with git clone git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git and replace skin.aeon.nox folder in addons with cloned folder.
you´ll have the latest Dev version then.
if you want to switch back to release version, open the GIT console (or windows cmd if you selected the appropiate option during intallation), navigate to skin.aeon.nox folder and type "git checkout frodo". the skin.aeon.nox folder will change its content then.
if you want to go back some commits enter "git checkout SHA key" and if you want to return to dev version type "git checkout master".
to get latest changes type "git pull"

@ShadowTek:
you´d have a much easier life if you would use Github + fork our repo. needs bit of reading up but it´s worth it.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks Phil, I'll look into it, I figured there was a better way of doing things. I recently lost everything (failed install of win 7 erased my MBR) so Im still recovering from that (Its why I haven't been here allot trying to help) I had to use testdisk to recover my 800+ movies (sucks cause it named them all random letters and numbers Sad ) I've almost got everything back to normal (just finished making all missing movie logos, whew! ) When I finish everything, I'll defiantly look into your way of doing it Smile
Thanks for the info Smile
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Thanks Gents!!!!!....I appreciate the help alot!!!

It seems there is alot of coding and stuff. Truth be told my computing skills is no where near to your levels and maybe some novices will find it a little too hard core to edit and manipulate, thou the struggling is part of the enjoyment of the reward once it's figured out and working.lol...

My suggestion is, isn't there a copy and paste file that can be added to the XMBC/NOX dir that will manipulate the skin with ease. Halfing the manipulation of the skin and making it look all awesom just like the pro's in this forum??

May the GODS of media ponder about this and hopefully create something magical that similar to my suggestion...lol
Hello i have Aeon Nox 4.0.9
Something wrong with conditionnal weather fanart, download but not unzip
I have XBMC \ userdata \ addon_data \ script.nox.extras.downloader \ weather-fanart
the zip file to skin \ extras \ Weather-Fanart unpacked.
How I Activate the Weather-Fanart pack?
I have a dedicated download rig and I scrape the movies and download extra artworks in this system. Then I export the library to the individual folders and copy them to my HTPC using a pen drive. All the necessary artworks are in this folder, but when updating the library, the extras are not imported. Running the extras downloader requires a network connection and it won't use the local files even if the option to use local files is selected. Is there anyway to use the extras without network access? My HTPC has no network access.
wrong thread sorry
I gotta say that brushed metal theme looks awesome! atleast in your creenshot.. having a bit of issues making it look like that though

this is what i currently have.. mostly trying to figure out how to get rid of the white glow on the menu bar, any ideas? Thanks.

Michael
To get rid of the white glow, go to System > Skin > Customizers > Set area color for Home Window > Activate 'Glow Mode': (Make sure its off or 'No' is selected)
aww... thats a pretty big trade off, I like the glow a lot, but like the clean look of the brushed metal D= thanks for the info though
OK so I have installed the latest version with NOX extras downloader, I want to use the square white them in the first post.

I have set the theme to 'square' and the colours to 'white' but I still have the default dark blue colours and the text is all black.

What else do I have to change to get it like the square white screenshot in the OP?

edit: oooh its called square_white, i'm dumb ignore this Smile
I am new to Aeon Nox and really like the look of the brushed metal theme and would like to try it. I have installed the extras downloader in the first post but when I go to change theme I cannot see brushed metal as an option. Brushed white is there though. Could someone advise me as to where I am going wrong ?
Thanks.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 Extras Downloader6