How to disable logging?
Hello,

I've recently switched to Argus TV to use the Live TV feature on my Raspberry Pi, and while it solved the main issue I had with my previous backend, it has introduced another.

My log file (Edit: /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log) is full of the following entries:

08:20:50 T:2953589856 ERROR: AddOnLog: ARGUS TV client: GetEPGData failed for channel id:9
08:20:50 T:2869249120 ERROR: CPVRManager - UpdateItem - no channel tag provided

The second type of entry I did get with my previous backend as well, but there are a lot less of these in the log. I get heaps of the first line about every 5 minutes.

Is there any way to disable this? I'm happy if someone wants to propose a fix so I don't get these log entries in the first place, but it isn't a requirement. Live TV works sufficiently for me as it is, so I'm happy to just disable the logging.

Thanks!
Looks like Argus is having an EPG problem on channel 9. Fix Argus.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-09, 09:47)nickr Wrote: Looks like Argus is having an EPG problem on channel 9. Fix Argus.

That was just an example, it's not just channel 9, it's the same for heaps of channels. And what exactly do you mean by "Fix Argus"?
Does argus have epg setup properly?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-09, 21:30)nickr Wrote: Does argus have epg setup properly?

Sorry, didn't get around to anything yet. When I've got some more time, I'm going to uninstall and reinstall ArgusTV, set it up fresh, only link the channels I need, and then make sure to disable any EPG option. Then I'll have another look at the log. Thanks!
How are you going to run a pvr without epg?
(2013-08-12, 21:42)nickr Wrote: How are you going to run a pvr without epg?

I'm fine with not having PVR functionality, I just want Live TV to work properly, and without it causing my Pi to do a lot of writes.
there's an option to disable storing the epg in a local db in pvr settings.
the other error, "CPVRManager - UpdateItem - no channel tag provided" looks like it's caused by some change in master, but that's just guessing
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-08-13, 02:28)opdenkamp Wrote: there's an option to disable storing the epg in a local db in pvr settings.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it!

(2013-08-13, 02:28)opdenkamp Wrote: the other error, "CPVRManager - UpdateItem - no channel tag provided" looks like it's caused by some change in master, but that's just guessing

Ok, let me know if you've got any guesses on how to get rid of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable logging?0