Control your lightning from XBMC
Truly a great plugin. Thanks!

I am not using it scenario functionality but I am using some of your python code.
I created a keymap file in which I added two global keyboard mappings which I connected to the light action ON and OFF.

So now I am able to control the light via my Logitech Harmony Remote from anywhere within XBMC. Very nice!

The biggest reason for me not to use the scenarios is due to the distance between my Tellstick and my remote sockets.
In the scheduler in Telldus system I have to set the advance settings to send multiple commands.
So using the scenarios there's a big chance the lights will not turn off when starting a movie as the plugin only send the command once.
(2013-08-09, 09:32)FreeFrag Wrote: Truly a great plugin. Thanks!

I am not using it scenario functionality but I am using some of your python code.
I created a keymap file in which I added two global keyboard mappings which I connected to the light action ON and OFF.

So now I am able to control the light via my Logitech Harmony Remote from anywhere within XBMC. Very nice!

Can you please post a tutorial on how you archived this. Thanks!
(2013-02-17, 14:23)PolarbearNO Wrote: Hi henkepenke.

I've installed your plugin a few days ago but I can't make it work. Every time I start XBMC I get "Plugin failed: script.xbmc.tellstick".

I've been to your website and created a scenario, but it can't be selected in xbmc settings screen. The only choice for scenario is "Disabled". I've also noticed that when I press Edit on your website to edit a scenario, nothing happens. I've tried with two different browsers.

Here's the two parts of my xbmc.log that mentions tellstick: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36293

Hope to hear from you soon. I'll be happy to donate a few crowns if I can make this work Smile

Kind regards,
Anders

Hi,

I have exactly the same error did you get it sorted?

Thanks
(2013-08-15, 21:18)r0cky Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 09:32)FreeFrag Wrote: Truly a great plugin. Thanks!

Can you please post a tutorial on how you archived this. Thanks!

Yes, I'll prepare a tutorial and post as soon as I am back in Sweden.
Great plugin, though I have a few issues. I was running a nightly build and I had to go back to 12.3 just to install the plugin. Then I could continue with the nightly builds. Second the dimming to 0% doesn't work. On/Off works and any other percentage, but not 0%.
(2013-08-17, 23:49)kemik Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 14:23)PolarbearNO Wrote: Hi henkepenke.

I've installed your plugin a few days ago but I can't make it work. Every time I start XBMC I get "Plugin failed: script.xbmc.tellstick".

I've been to your website and created a scenario, but it can't be selected in xbmc settings screen. The only choice for scenario is "Disabled". I've also noticed that when I press Edit on your website to edit a scenario, nothing happens. I've tried with two different browsers.

Here's the two parts of my xbmc.log that mentions tellstick: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36293

Hope to hear from you soon. I'll be happy to donate a few crowns if I can make this work Smile

Kind regards,
Anders

Hi,

I have exactly the same error did you get it sorted?

Thanks

have the same problem!!
Correcion: I made it work. Not sure what I did that made it work. But I THINK I did not set up a scenario before I installed the plugin. When I did, every thing worked. Also important to set up priority on each step, not just on/off.

Original post:
I have the same problem as several people in here. "Plugin failed: script.xbmc.tellstick". Any solutions for this?
My setup is the following:
Windows 8
XBMC 12.3
Tellstick script 1.3.0
You can just change the the import addon line to 2.1.0 to have a successfull installation.
Then you have to start the addon (it says "disabled"), then register on website (get the code) and then go to addon settings (there som more menus now) and write your code in there. go back and start addon again and you can now choose "scenarios". it works like a charm in latest OpeneELEC stable builds!
Anyone still have the script who can post it somewhere?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control your lightning from XBMC2