• 21(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
(2013-08-20, 13:15)Lupin 3rd Wrote: AUTOrip DVD can save files over a SMB destination?

I've done some small test and my Autorip DVD installation has no problem to save files in a local folder.

Instead No way to save files into my NAS over SMB connection! Sad
smb://NAS/Multimedia/Cinema/
I've modded the bat file with this destination, without any luck.
This folder of my nas do not have any "password" protection.

It's my fault (I hope yes) or is a limitation of the script?

Windows scripting does not like smb. What you can do though is map a network drive to your nas box folder and then use that drive letter in the script.
Thank you Spinal for your feedback!
This procedure is done into the nas OS or into the Windows HTPC?

There Is online some tutorial?
(2013-08-20, 16:24)Lupin 3rd Wrote: Thank you Spinal for your feedback!
This procedure is done into the nas OS or into the Windows HTPC?

There Is online some tutorial?

It is done in the Windows HTPC. Once done windows will see a drive letter like Z: (or whatever you pick when doing the network mapping) as a hard drive, but really it will be pointing to your NAS share.

Windows 7 - Guide to map a network drive - Click Here
Windows 8 - Guide to map a network drive - Click Here

Then just set the drive letter in the script.
Spinal, first fantastic work, I'm really enjoying your script.

I'm having a very minor issue. When I first started ripping my dvds, I was using handbrake where I had set the line in the batch file of

Set SIZE=--width 1920 --height 1080

When I loaded those files into my xbmc library, they were listed as being in HD. Later I decided I didn't want the compression and ripped some more where I've turned off handbrake (Set Handbrake=No). They rip much faster, of course, but now the movies I ripped without compression are listed as in SD in xbmc.

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't the straight MKV files supposed to be HD? How are they lower quality when they're compressed, or is it just a label thing? Can DVDs be in HD or are they considered SD since BlueRays are now HD? Sorry, but I can't seem to get a solid answer to my questions on google. Thanks again, fantastic script.
DVD's are considered SD and at 30fps are usually in 480p (720 x 480). XBMC, when using handbrake, thinks because the file is encoded to 1920x1080 it's 1080p and so HD. Obviously you won't get better quality from ripping a DVD that is greater than the original, so even though its in a 1080p format after the rip it's really just a stretched image, that tricks XBMC into labelling it as HD.

I'm glad you are enjoying the script Smile
The download link from spinal crack contains a Trojan virus
No it does not. All of the code can be read. Some virus scanners give a false positive because they do not like windows scripts in .exe's. I assure you there is no trojan in it. This has been brought up many times, and the answer is still the same.
thank you spinal crack for assurance there is no virus
Hi guys,
There Is a way to use this script to rip dvds and blurays in ISO format?
(2013-09-12, 19:27)Lupin 3rd Wrote: Hi guys,
There Is a way to use this script to rip dvds and blurays in ISO format?

You could modify them to use another command line program that does ISO. MakeMKV doesn't do ISO's though.
Hi guys,
I use Xbmc in "True full sceen" mode actived.
If I execute this script xbmc is minimized in the tray bar.
If I execute the script in the "full screen Windows mode" xbmc stays on.

Is it possibile to Force xbmc to stay on also if I execute this script in "True full screen mode"?
Only way is to remove the splash screens.

To do that you need to edit the .bat file and comment out any .hta lines by putting two full colons in front of the lines ::

so this

Code:
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

If %Handbrake%==Yes call :HBEncode

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

looks like this

Code:
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
::OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

If %Handbrake%==Yes call :HBEncode

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
::NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

OSDAutoRip.hta and NoDiskDrive.hta are the popups that end up minimizing true fullscreen.

Any reason to not run in a fullscreen window? I've never found any performance gain running in true fullscreen.
@Spinalcrack, @kyrios2021, and @akevit,

wow, you guys have done wonderful job. keep it up guys.

you guys got +1 reputation,

I really want to try this to backup my all blurays. Could you please guide me on my following questions.

I am having XBMC HTPC in windows 7,

1). Need to purchase which bruray writer model, which works perfectly with this system?
2). What will be the size of a mkv file of 46gb bluray before compression and after compression with handbrake?

Thanks in advance.
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

(2014-01-11, 16:52)fireeater Wrote: 1). Need to purchase which bruray writer model, which works perfectly with this system?

- Any internal SATA writer should work with the script, but you may want to do some research to see which models work the best with MakeMKV. I would avoid external drives (though they "should" work as well).

(2014-01-11, 16:52)fireeater Wrote: 2). What will be the size of a mkv file of 46gb bluray before compression and after compression with handbrake?

- It depends on the settings you choose for Handbrake but it will cut it down significantly as you are cutting out all menu's and extras and only ripping a single video and audio stream and then compressing it
thank you my friend for your great info and explanation. got some idea about it.

I just ripped maximum quality with makemkv in widnows 7 nearly got 17gb mkv file.

used the regular built in bluray player.

(2014-01-11, 17:05)Spinalcrack Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 16:52)fireeater Wrote: 1). Need to purchase which bruray writer model, which works perfectly with this system?

- Any internal SATA writer should work with the script, but you may want to do some research to see which models work the best with MakeMKV. I would avoid external drives (though they "should" work as well).

(2014-01-11, 16:52)fireeater Wrote: 2). What will be the size of a mkv file of 46gb bluray before compression and after compression with handbrake?

- It depends on the settings you choose for Handbrake but it will cut it down significantly as you are cutting out all menu's and extras and only ripping a single video and audio stream and then compressing it
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

• 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9