• 5(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)
Hi all,

I'm also having the dual monitor problem mentioned above. Is there a solution or workaround to this yet?

My HTPC is a laptop with the lid closed and the TV is the second monitor. Useful for VNC'ing into the machine and admining on the primary monitor without disrupting viewing. However, the browser seems to randomly start on either monitor. More often than not on the primary (none TV) monitor.

This plugin is sooo fantastically useful and I know I'm in the minority having a dual monitor setup but it would be great to have a fix for this.

Many thanks,
Max
(2013-05-18, 16:17)xssammy Wrote: Hi, Thanks for the plugin it works really well however I don't seem to be able to have the mouse hide when playing a film in lovefilm. Has anybody else come accross this issue?
Noticed the same on lovefilm - Currently no solution for this. You have to move the cursor to the right/bottom.
But i can implement a hide/show mouse cursor function as a workaround.

(2013-05-23, 18:20)Toonses Wrote: Greeat plugin, and much needed!

Does anyone know a way to to utilize this plugin through the TV/Movies library? Would be neat if we could have scraped episodes or movies in our library that calls up a link to the amazon prime/netflix/whatever page that streams it.
This addon can be used by any other addon or skin (see bottom of first post). It just has to be implemented...

(2013-05-27, 02:11)joselbcn33 Wrote: Hi there, would be possible to use this add- on with ubuntu if I install internet explorer and netframe work through wine?
The main functions are working fine through wine with installed .net and ie. But a lot of stuff isnt. Just give it a try, you can simply install .net / ie via winetricks.

(2013-06-05, 16:38)inston Wrote: I use XBMC on a computer and I use my mobile phone to control it using the official XBMC iphone app. This is all fine, but exiting out of the browser is difficult.
This probably comes down to the key mapping function. Would it be possible to map the close function to a standard XBMC remote function?
I dont know a way to do this, the browser needs a real pressed key to be mapped. But i will think about that...

(2013-07-27, 10:57)MrMaxP Wrote: I'm also having the dual monitor problem mentioned above. Is there a solution or workaround to this yet?
I was too busy last weeks, but i will try to find a solution for this problem.
(2013-07-12, 00:58)monkey_nz Wrote: Thanks for the great pug-in, it works very well.

You note that ARROW KEYS + ENTER will still be unmappable because they are needed for navigation. Can I suggest an enhancement, that these are mappable (at least via the settings file)?
- I have an MCE remote, and it would be awesome if the main arrow buttons (and central enter button) controlled the mouse, rather than the arrow keys and enter button.
- The arrows/enter could then be mapped to other less well placed keys (channel up/down for example).

+1
Ignore - found it by logging into another profile. This is a dumb question, but how do I actually run the add on? If I go to programs and add-on repositories, I do not see yours. However, if I go to get add-on's, yours is there, but there's nothing listed inside the repository. For whatever reason, browsing the add-on's has always been far from intuitive to me.
I know this is not gonna be exactly related to the topic, but I think it helps people who got here by searching on how to get a browser in XBMC. I want to give people an alternative: Chrome. It won't be embedded, because I haven't found any way to do this.

With the add-on Advanced Launcher you can run chrome from within XBMC. Follow this tutorial on how to do that. Kiosk mode would be the most fitting solution with Chrome. Click here for more info on recommended arguments.

However, kiosk mode will only run when you don't have anything chrome running in the background. To solve this you can use the following arguments:

Code:
--user-data-dir=$(mktemp -d) --kiosk "%rom%"

This will run a new instance of Chrome in kiosk mode.

It's not as advanced as the add-on in this topic, but I'm sure some people will find this information useful.
(2013-08-11, 21:11)Rourke Wrote: I know this is not gonna be exactly related to the topic, but I think it helps people who got here by searching on how to get a browser in XBMC. I want to give people an alternative: Chrome. It won't be embedded, because I haven't found any way to do this.

With the add-on Advanced Launcher you can run chrome from within XBMC. Follow this tutorial on how to do that. Kiosk mode would be the most fitting solution with Chrome. Click here for more info on recommended arguments.

However, kiosk mode will only run when you don't have anything chrome running in the background. To solve this you can use the following arguments:

Code:
--user-data-dir=$(mktemp -d) --kiosk "%rom%"

This will run a new instance of Chrome in kiosk mode.

It's not as advanced as the add-on in this topic, but I'm sure some people will find this information useful.
Have a look at this new addon (released yesterday). Wink
Thanks for the user-data-dir parameter tip - will add it to the addon...
So I have a problem with Web Browser. I use windows 7 and frodo 12.2 and program doesn't work. I have framework 4.0 can somebody help me for this problem.
I found the solution only when I install fweb browser from repo, browser works normally.
Why a manual installation does not work, or am I doing wrong.

Best Regards
(2013-08-15, 20:56)senna99 Wrote: I found the solution only when I install fweb browser from repo, browser works normally.
Why a manual installation does not work, or am I doing wrong.

Best Regards
I cant say what went wrong because i dont know what you did...
Copied from another system or downloaded source from github?
Possibly I make a mistake, thanks for your reply.
This sounds awesome, but I'm having a hard time getting it going.

If I install the repo mentioned in the first post, nothing is in there if I try to get add-ons from it. If I install WebBrowser directly from here:

https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE/plugi...webbrowser

Then it installs fine, but if I add a site and try to launch it I get:

Script failed.

Any ideas?

Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7
do refresh on addon repo ,on keyboard press C then press refresh It has helped me.
(2013-08-26, 02:55)theredguy Wrote: This sounds awesome, but I'm having a hard time getting it going.

If I install the repo mentioned in the first post, nothing is in there if I try to get add-ons from it. If I install WebBrowser directly from here:

https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE/plugi...webbrowser

Then it installs fine, but if I add a site and try to launch it I get:

Script failed.

Any ideas?

Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7
As senna99 already mentioned: Use my repo and try a "Force refresh" via the context menu. It's a known xbmc bug...
The automatically created zip files on github does not have the right structure for zip installation, so they won't work.
More trouble, I can't get the key mapping to work. I can get 5 to work as click, and 0 as exit, but the navigation ones do nothing. Any tips?

Actually quick update. The problem is when I enable "repeat" on my numbers in PS3Blumote. If they are on repeat, then when I map them in WebBrowser they just come up as the number, not "Numpad number". But without repeat moving around with the remote is pretty clunky.

Another update. Actually it works from from a keyboard, so it's not you.
Great Plugin!

I'm wondering how to control the mouse using the number keys on my MCE remote - once I'm in the browser, I can't move the mouse with any remote keys - just the keyboard. I don't seem to be able to map them either?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)2