Play Next Video
I am new to XBMC so apologies if i am covering old ground here, i searched and found nothing,

There appears to be no "next" button, there are gazillion ways to move the video, back, forwards, slow fast, skip small steps, skip large steps but no - stop this video i am playing and play the next on in the folder - without creating a playlist. Setting it to auto start the next video is all well an good but you seem to forced to watch the video you currently watching are right up till the end, you cant even skip to the end, once you have skipped so far you have to just leave it.

This is possible is just about every other player, media portal, MPC, VLC etc, this seems to be such a basic necessity in a media player I can only assume i am simply missing something, or os this the only flaw this thing has?

Hope to god i am just missing something here everything else works great, I moved to this from media portal but I may switch back if i cannot resolve this basic functionality issue.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

To skip to the next video during fullscreen video playback (assuming you've enabled the "play next video automatically" option):
  • Press the PgUp key on your keyboard.
  • Or click the virtual >>| button on the video OSD. To display the OSD, press "m" on the keyboard or jiggle your mouse.
  • If you use a physical remote control, you can also map a remote button to the SkipNext function to perform this action.
thanks very much for that, although i am having loads of issue mapping anything, cant get my head around it, i have followed several different sets of instructions and nothing works, i will perservere, thanks again.
Does PgUp on a regular keyboard skip forward to the next video?
tried everything, what is even more annoying is that once you reach the last chapter of an episode you cant skip any more, you are forced to watch it to the bitter end pretty much, is this a bug or a "feature" - media player classic does it fine, i think it is something to do with chapters, MPC doesn't do chapters which is probably why it works.
this has been improved after frodo.
not sure how you can improve something that doesn't yet exist, are you saying there is now an option to stop overide chapter skips and default to next video?
See development builds (wiki).
cant see anything there, i'll try it tonight to see, think I am wasting my time though.
i'm already on frodo build, tried latest nightly no difference, no options to change this, am i missing something or am i being led on a wild goose chase here. Is there an option to over ride chapter skips in favour or jump to next video in folder (no in play list)?
I tried it right now. Works for me, exactly as described. It only works if you have a playlist, have enabled "Play next video automatically" under Settings/Videos/Playback (wiki), or have used "Play from here" from the context menu.
(2013-08-27, 23:51)stoolzo Wrote: ... or am i being led on a wild goose chase here...
Quite aggro for someone with only 11 posts aren't you?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
if i go into a season folder, highlight say episode 1 and hen bring up the context menu the only option i get is " play only this", there is no option to "play from here", suggests to me this only appears if you are playing a playlist.

Pretty sure there are plenty of people out there who don't need or want to jump chapters and would prefer small steps on the > and a full skip to next in folder on the >>| without having to bother with playlists.
Are you in files view or library view?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-28, 20:12)stoolzo Wrote: if i go into a season folder, highlight say episode 1 and hen bring up the context menu the only option i get is " play only this", there is no option to "play from here", suggests to me this only appears if you are playing a playlist.

Pretty sure there are plenty of people out there who don't need or want to jump chapters and would prefer small steps on the > and a full skip to next in folder on the >>| without having to bother with playlists.

I don't know how to explain it. It sounds like you have enabled "play next video automatically", so it should work. Next item in playlist should be the default when you press ">|". This should work in both library view and files view.

There is some funky bug with chapters in general in development builds, so maybe that is causing an issue in your set up.

I'll keep trying various scenarios to see if I can make it not work, but so far it works with all my playlist situations and files with chapters, defaulting to skip next in playlist,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Next Video0