[Mac mini] No HDMI audio if I resume XBMC from sleep before turning on TV
I managed to solve this issue on my mac mini late 2012 by fixing permissions on my hard drive. See if that helps
How and where did you fix the permissions?
Kodi 20.1 with Aeon MQ9, PC with Windows 10, Nvidia shield with latest android
(2013-09-20, 14:59)kwirk Wrote: How and where did you fix the permissions?
You fix permissions in OS X through Disk Utility application, then select the hard drive and click Check permissions or Repair permissions

I'm still sorting this audio issue out. Haven't been behind my mini is a few days. All my settings (apart from skin, which I have now reset to Confluence) were as they should be according to Memphiz's suggestions. Played a show earlier today without audio problems (but I had to boot up my entire mini, so no surprise there), will see how audio behaves when I start it up again from sleep later this evening. Will try permissions if all else fails, and report back later...
Thanks for your answer.
but it did not help...

I think it got worse with the last osx update
Sorry it took some time, but I finally managed to spend some time behind the TV again. The bad news: audio issue still not resolved despite setting the audio as per Mamphiz's suggestion, and despite fixing permissions on my HDD...
I still have to toggle the speaker channels through the entire list of options, and when I reach 2.0 I start to hear system sounds again.
XBMC also still has playback issues on several (but not all) mkv video files - image will stutter without audio, and I cannot fix this issue no matter what. These files will play without issue on my jailbroken AppleTV2 through the Infuse program. I have installed XBMC on the Apple TV, but it's horribly slow going...
the last update of mac osx was the solution.
Audio works again after sleep now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac mini] No HDMI audio if I resume XBMC from sleep before turning on TV0