• 42(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Well then change your XBMC settings to fit the video to the screen and you won't have any problems. Wink
(2013-09-27, 20:54)tommymsw Wrote: Well then change your XBMC settings to fit the video to the screen and you won't have any problems. Wink

Could you tell me what option is that?
Hello,
at first, new stereoscopic mode of xbmc is really great, I was dreaming about it for two years. Thaks!

Now the question: is it possible to detect when xbmc changes stereoscopis mode from (service) plugin? Something like "onPlayBackStarted()" or "isPlaying()" methods in Player class for detecting if something is playing. My goal is to change TV into 3D mode over ethernet (already tested) using service plugin when xbmc enters 3D mode (because on linux I don't have any other option).

Is there any way how to solve this?

Thank you,
iglu
the stereomode of the GUI is stored in a GUI setting, so if you can bind a listener/observer to settings changes in python you could do this
You can check the filename for 3d content and call the plugin to change 3d mode of tv. This is the script I use for my sony tv:

Code:
import xbmc,re,os

class MyPlayer(xbmc.Player) :
    def _init_ (self):
        xbmc.Player._init_(self)

def onPlayBackStarted(self):
        if xbmc.Player().isPlayingVideo():
            currentPlayingFile = xbmc.Player().getPlayingFile()
            if re.search(r'3D', currentPlayingFile, re.I):
                response = os.startfile("C:\\Users\\baijuxavior\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.custom.sonytv3dmode\\vremote.js")

player=MyPlayer()
while(not xbmc.abortRequested):
        xbmc.sleep(500)

Also look at jaaps code for lg tv https://github.com/jaaps/script.custom.3dmodelgtv
Is there any chance you could build on newer alpha or frodo?

This build has wasapi bug which cause audio distortion.

Thanks in advance

(2013-07-16, 15:31)afedchin Wrote: Hi

I have created alpha version of xbmc that includes elupus stereoscopic 3d rendering support and implements support Intel InTru3D and NVidia 3D VISION (HDMI frame-packing stereo) and it needs to be tested with various env.

What new in this version (differences with master):
  • Add hardwarebased support of stereoscopic rendering. (Intel InTru3D and NVidia 3D VISION)
  • Add setting to pause playback during stereoscopic mode change.
  • DXVA resolution limit up to 3840x2160

Requirements:
  • OS Windows 7 and later
  • CPU Intel Core 2nd generation and later with InTru3D technology or NVidia GPU with 3D VISION
  • 3D FullHD display (monitor or TV) connected to Intel HD or NVidia GPU via HDMI
  • Fake full screen setting must be enabled in xbmc. (look in the Settings, System, Video output section and check the Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen setting)
  • For NVidia 3D VISION it must be enabled in NVidia Control Panel. After starting xbmc the driver is automatically activated stereo mode. It may be switch off by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T

Limitations:
  • Since Intel S3D is using an overlay you might have issues with external players (not tested)

Summary:
If your hardware supports the sterescopic 3D via HDMI frame-packing then stereo mode named "Hardware Based" will be present in selection of stereo modes. If you start playback stereo movie and select "Hardware Based" stereo mode your display should auto switch in 3d mode.

Known Issues:
  • Possible crash on xbmc exit
  • While switching to 3d and vise-versa (about 4-5 seconds) video continue plays therefore a few video frames will be lost. NEW! Try switch on pause during stereoscopic mode change setting.
  • If rendering method is non-PS and video is not full screen (at the background of UI) then movie plays rugged in 3d mode. In full screen video playback this effect disappear for all rendering methods.

Download http://yadi.sk/d/k4SLzdTc7lKGT

Please test this build on various contents.

PS. Please don't request of me to implement support ATI cards. I don't have necessary hardware for testing.
Hi,

I've built the new release based on the current master. Link is https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B42OdYa1...1POHc/edit

BR,
Anton
(2013-10-09, 18:48)optimans Wrote: Is there any chance you could build on newer alpha or frodo?

Thanks in advance
In the devcon blog theres a small text saying for xbmc 14 theres a possibility to bump ffmpeg for mvc bluray support..

Why do they say that? Do they know more about someone working on it at ffmpeg or something?
Or is team xbmc working on it?
Iirc from the DevCon ffmpeg devs might work on something ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-10-10, 13:09)afedchin Wrote: Hi,

I've built the new release based on the current master. Link is https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B42OdYa1...1POHc/edit

BR,
Anton
(2013-10-09, 18:48)optimans Wrote: Is there any chance you could build on newer alpha or frodo?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately this also didn't work for my nVidia system. The TV displays '3D signal detected' which means xbmc is sending a 3d signal, but the video is still in sbs format. Didn't test OU movie.
(2013-10-13, 18:40)Memphiz Wrote: Iirc from the DevCon ffmpeg devs might work on something ...

Cool
Lets hope so
(2013-10-10, 13:09)afedchin Wrote: Hi,

BR,
Anton

I tried different settings and the 3d somewhat worked. First I disabled 3D support in nVidia control panel and started xbmc. Then I enabled 3D support in nVidia and started a 3D movie. The movie started in sbs with flickering eventhogh hardware 3d is selected, then turning on the 3d glass I could see 3d in both the halves but with lots of flickering. Then I changed the 3d mode to 2d and the sbs movie stretched to fill the screen and the movie played in 3d but with flickering. Can you specify the nVidia driver version you used for testing? I am currently using V 310.96.
Thanks for your feedback.

1) There are no changes between lastest versions of xbmc with 3d in part of nvidia support.
2) I've tried with lastest nVidia drivers and nVidia 3DTV Play installed. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-overview.html. May be nVidia 3DTV Play is required I really don't know.
3) I have not 3D display connected to my PC with nVidia video card. I just tested with anaglyph 3D (provided by nvidia drivers).
4) I enabled 3D support in nVidia control panel and started xbmc. Then my display shows anaglyph 3D (auto 3D by nvidia drivers) then I disabled it by pressing Ctrl+T (default keystroke for disable stereoscopic image). Then I started playback of stereo OU movie and select hardwarebased stereoscopict mode then display shows anaglyph 3D which correct views.

I implement nVidia 3D support with method explained here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/49294...s?#tab-top. I also tried use NV API but with no success. The xbmc fails with exception when call to NV API methods.

BR,
Anton

(2013-10-14, 12:54)baijuxavior Wrote: I tried different settings and the 3d somewhat worked. First I disabled 3D support in nVidia control panel and started xbmc. Then I enabled 3D support in nVidia and started a 3D movie. The movie started in sbs with flickering eventhogh hardware 3d is selected, then turning on the 3d glass I could see 3d in both the halves but with lots of flickering. Then I changed the 3d mode to 2d and the sbs movie stretched to fill the screen and the movie played in 3d but with flickering. Can you specify the nVidia driver version you used for testing? I am currently using V 310.96.
Thanks. I will try with the latest driver.

Your strings.po needs correction:

Code:
#: system/settings/settings.xml
msgctxt "#36546"
msgid "Pause playback during the sterescopic mode change"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#36547"
msgid "No info available yet."
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#36546"
msgid "Subtitle stereoscopic depth"
msgstr ""

msgctxt "#36547"
msgid "No info available yet."
msgstr ""
Yes, I know. Thank you anyway.

(2013-10-14, 16:15)baijuxavior Wrote: Thanks. I will try with the latest driver.

Your strings.po needs correction:
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11