Problem with AAC audio when format changes
Hi all

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum or has been logged elsewhere.

I'm running a recent version of OpenElec with TV Headend and a PCTV 290e DVB-T2 tuner for Live TV. In the UK we use AAC audio for HD DVB-T2 broadcasts, and the format will switch between 2.0 and 5.1 (or 5.0 or 4.1?) on a show-by-show basis.

If recordings made with TV Headend (MKV format) have a format change during the recording, XBMC doesn't recognise the change in format, and you get silence after the format change it seems.

Is this a limitation of XBMC or the MKV wrapper? I will try switching to .TS as the recording format to try (but not sure how much 5.1 content there is on a Sunday to watch for the format change.)
Can't be bothered to dig up the link but there's a long thread on tvheadend's bug tracker about this. The problem is the MKV container and switching to TS should do the trick.
(2013-10-06, 23:23)negge Wrote: Can't be bothered to dig up the link but there's a long thread on tvheadend's bug tracker about this. The problem is the MKV container and switching to TS should do the trick.

Cheers - though that might be the case. I guess MKV wrappers, understandably for most situations, expect a track to remain in a fixed format.
TS is a broadcast format, and should cope with this. Well obviously it does, or it wouldn't work for anyone in the UK Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Shouldn't have post here but can't delete my message

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with AAC audio when format changes0