• 14(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
I talked with the author of the mesa patches. He recompiled mesa with the interop patches and xbmc is working quite fine for him. He thinks of a problem in oibaf ppa.

You should btw. always tick the VDPAU Mixer setting.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
zgreg asked, if you could verify to uncheck denoise / sharpen filter and retry.

Those currently seem to harm oss vdpau.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-10-10, 16:30)fritsch Wrote: I talked with the author of the mesa patches. He recompiled mesa with the interop patches and xbmc is working quite fine for him. He thinks of a problem in oibaf ppa.

You should btw. als tick the VDPAU Mixer setting.

I compiled the master mesa (as i always do) with the interop patches and i still have white screen. I dont use any PPAs. I compiled mesa like before the white issue - clone mesa, fetch ckoenigs branch, cherry pick the patch then apply the compile patch.
It compiles fine, glxgears shows the interop extensions, xbmc shows white screen (i have the mixer+vdpau ticked).

Also, i have this in the terminal (opened xbmc, played half a minute from a video, exited xbmc):

Code:
$ ./xbmc.bin
Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in VDPAUMapSurfacesNV
Exception SystemExit in <function _remove at 0x7f8db80556e0> ignored
Could any Fusion E350 verify, that this is the same for him? Perhaps it is some hw specific.
I have A8-5500.
(2013-10-10, 17:04)fritsch Wrote: Could any Fusion E350 verify, that this is the same for him? Perhaps it is some hw specific.

Yes i have the same problem after update , i have E350.
Good.

@gradinaruvasile:

Can you revert: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/co...572da4333c and retry
and aferwards also revert: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/co...0906b4c8ad

and retry?
First of all a big THANK YOU to everyone involved in this. It felt so good ditching fglrx couple of weeks ago Smile
I'm running an E450 and have the white screen issue too. Reverting those commits didn't do it, so I did some more playing around. The commit causing it seems to be http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/co...31a06199c3 . Reverting just that one fixed the white screen for me Smile
Thanks for bisecting. I forwarded your findings!
Finally managed to fix my audio! Didn't see anyone else having this problem, but this solved it for me:
I have created a dirty fix with a simple script doing: "X & xrandr ... --set audio auto...", killing X again, then execute "xinit xbmc-standalone ..." (as used in the init/xbmc.conf from start post),
and setting the audio output in XBMC to: "HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI]" (changing from "Generic" to this one instantly scared the shit out of me ;-))

@fritsch: thanks again for pointing into the right direction!
How do you revert a commit?
@fritsch glad i could help Smile

@nelson01 just do a
Code:
git revert c787a9767ce4faf815bff809360c9d31a06199c3
in your source directory of the mesa repo. After that build the source as usual.

edit: uh code got messed up. It should be git revert c787a9767ce4faf815bff809360c9d31a06199c3"
edit2: ..ok I don't get the commit replacement thing in the forum, "git revert longcommitid" Wink
(2013-10-10, 21:05)antares81 Wrote: @fritsch glad i could help Smile

@nelson01 just do a
Code:
git revert c787a9767ce4faf815bff809360c9d31a06199c3
in your source directory of the mesa repo. After that build the source as usual.

edit: uh code got messed up. It should be git revert c787a9767ce4faf815bff809360c9d31a06199c3"
edit2: ..ok I don't get the commit replacement thing in the forum, "git revert longcommitid" Wink

Thanks for the reply, but I don't even know where that directory is. I don't know a lot about linux. I'm assuming I'll have to compile something afterwards, which I don't know how to do.

Thanks anyway though.
(2013-10-10, 19:31)antares81 Wrote: First of all a big THANK YOU to everyone involved in this. It felt so good ditching fglrx couple of weeks ago Smile
I'm running an E450 and have the white screen issue too. Reverting those commits didn't do it, so I did some more playing around. The commit causing it seems to be http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/co...31a06199c3 . Reverting just that one fixed the white screen for me Smile
Good to know, it's
+ $(VISIBILITY_CFLAGS)
that messes up the driver.
I'm curious about what such declaration contains.
Unfortunately it's not possible to get it from sources, as it comes from automake.
Hmmm. Did an echo inside the makefile, its value is
Code:
-fvisibility=hidden
Since I really don't know automake this doesn't make me much smarter Wink

@nelson01
Are you running Ubuntu with the ppa from this thread? If so, I suggest you just wait for an updated package.
But in case you want to start tinkering, here's a start: http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/ht...tware.html
You basically have to fetch the mesa code from their repo, revert the commit and build a package of it afterwards.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26