• 66(current)
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon
Any chance of getting airing times for German TV channels? Maybe your plugin could use the EPG database from XBMC if available? Simple string comparison between librabry tv-show and EPG entry title would be better then getting US times shown in the plugin. Smile
(2013-09-29, 17:23)Cassiel Wrote: Any chance of getting airing times for German TV channels? Maybe your plugin could use the EPG database from XBMC if available? Simple string comparison between librabry tv-show and EPG entry title would be better then getting US times shown in the plugin. Smile

nope, addons can't retrieve info from the epg db.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-09-29, 17:25)ronie Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 17:23)Cassiel Wrote: Any chance of getting airing times for German TV channels? Maybe your plugin could use the EPG database from XBMC if available? Simple string comparison between librabry tv-show and EPG entry title would be better then getting US times shown in the plugin. Smile

nope, addons can't retrieve info from the epg db.
Too bad Sad
Any other idea of how to get German TV channels into the listing?
I have shared my library through UPnP with a PC in another room is there a way to make this add-on work with the shared files Huh?
(2013-09-29, 18:44)Darkmage40 Wrote: I have shared my library through UPnP with a PC in another room is there a way to make this add-on work with the shared files Huh?

nope
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi,
Thanks for the work on this great addon. I've been trying to get it to update in the background when my openelec RPI boots, and I was reading in the help file you can use
RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)
in Startup.xml.
I'm using the standard confluence skin , I've found where the startup.xml is kept in other skins , but where should I add it for the default confluence skin ?
Thanks.
(2013-10-05, 16:15)zer04c Wrote: I'm using the standard confluence skin , I've found where the startup.xml is kept in other skins , but where should I add it for the default confluence skin ?
Thanks.

confluence has a startup.xml as well, just like any other skin.
i'm not sure where confluence is installed on the rPi
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks. After some searching I found it in usr/share/xbmc/addons/...
But it's read only, is there anywhere else I can use the command you can think of ? I was thinking of copying the whole skin to my local addons and adding it in there but not sure how that will interfere with future releases when they update the specific openelec parts of the UI.
Is there any known issue with this script and the Aeon Nox skin?

This script (fantastic btw) will not run automatically for me. I've set the timer and I also have it set to run silent via the skin's Startup.xml file. The script doesn't run, I'm forced to run the addon manually via the GUI "TV Guide" menu option. There is no error in the log, either in normal or debug mode.
(2013-10-09, 03:02)funkhouser Wrote: Is there any known issue with this script and the Aeon Nox skin?
not afaik
(2013-10-09, 03:02)funkhouser Wrote: I also have it set to run silent via the skin's Startup.xml file.

you mean you've modified the startup.xml file?
if so, why?
(2013-10-09, 14:26)ronie Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 03:02)funkhouser Wrote: I also have it set to run silent via the skin's Startup.xml file.
you mean you've modified the startup.xml file?
if so, why?

From the Wiki:

3.2 Run at startup

To make sure the script updates on starting XBMC add code below to Startup.xml
(2013-10-09, 20:17)funkhouser Wrote: From the Wiki:

3.2 Run at startup

To make sure the script updates on starting XBMC add code below to Startup.xml

ah, that's info for skinner on how to include the addon in their skins.
i'm pretty sure aeon nox also uses it by default.
so no need to mod the skin yourself.
(2013-10-09, 03:02)funkhouser Wrote: Is there any known issue with this script and the Aeon Nox skin?

This script (fantastic btw) will not run automatically for me. I've set the timer and I also have it set to run silent via the skin's Startup.xml file. The script doesn't run, I'm forced to run the addon manually via the GUI "TV Guide" menu option. There is no error in the log, either in normal or debug mode.

I've setup a bash script which silently updates the addon after launch , I couldn't get anything else to work.
(2013-10-10, 09:10)zer04c Wrote:

I've setup a bash script which silently updates the addon after launch , I couldn't get anything else to work.

That's cool. Would you mind PMing me the details? I thought you could only execute the script from within XBMC.
Sure this is the script

Quote:#!/bin/sh

sleep 60s
xbmc-send -a "Notification(TV Shows - Next Aired ,Refreshing ...,5000,/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/icon.png)"
xbmc-send -a "RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)"

and I launch it from autostart.sh in /.config as a separate script so it doesn't bring the whole system to a halt with the sleep 60s
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon2