Dropbox picture add on?
I have my iPhone send any photos I take to Dropbox.
Is there an add-on to view pictures that are stored on Dropbox?
I have been searching but so far haven't found.
You can create a picture source and view your picture whereever they are.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
There is a Dropbox addon available now. I have also a phone which directly uploads to Dropbox. And after the holidays I wanted to show the pictures on XBMC... So, I start to dive into making a addon and the available dropbox API. And this is the result up to now:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc-dropbox/

Let me know what you think about it.
when using the plugin i enter my email to login to dropbox, i then get a password field (the browser login) (my phone beeps with the securitycode) nothing happens when i enter my password or the sercuritycode in that field. when i enter the security code in the settings i get the error 401, old or wrong security code. a step by step guide would be nice.. can't get it to work

using XBMCbuntu with the Ace skin.
The authorization process is unfortunately not to clear and not as I would like to see it... The Web Viewer addon (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Web_Viewer) is used for displaying and logging into the Dropbox website to authorize the addon. You should use this WebViewer. An external browser (like on your phone or PC) is not supported.

After you filled in your email address, it will go to the dropbox web-site. Then the password field is highlighted and you should press <enter> (or select key) to fill the password field. Then use the down arrow to select the "Sign in" button and press <enter> again. Then a new page will be loaded and the "Cancel" and "Allow" buttons will be visible. Select the "Allow" button and press <enter>. Now the authorization is finished and the WebViewer can be closed (select "yes").
The access code is automatically stored in your addon settings and now you should be able to use the addon.
(2013-09-05, 11:53)josetaza Wrote: The authorization process is unfortunately not to clear and not as I would like to see it... The Web Viewer addon (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Web_Viewer) is used for displaying and logging into the Dropbox website to authorize the addon. You should use this WebViewer. An external browser (like on your phone or PC) is not supported.

After you filled in your email address, it will go to the dropbox web-site. Then the password field is highlighted and you should press <enter> (or select key) to fill the password field. Then use the down arrow to select the "Sign in" button and press <enter> again. Then a new page will be loaded and the "Cancel" and "Allow" buttons will be visible. Select the "Allow" button and press <enter>. Now the authorization is finished and the WebViewer can be closed (select "yes").
The access code is automatically stored in your addon settings and now you should be able to use the addon.

I got it working now, how does the syncing work, a progresbar would be nice. or a option to sync all on first login (or whenever)
a form of sercurity to acces the dropbox plugin would be nice a 4 digit code like on the mobile app?

Nice work!! looking forward on updates, as of now it is still faster/easier to browse my dropbox folder on my other comp thru my home network in xbmc

/Jan
(2013-09-05, 15:36)SKIBBE Wrote: I got it working now, how does the syncing work, a progresbar would be nice. or a option to sync all on first login (or whenever)
a form of sercurity to acces the dropbox plugin would be nice a 4 digit code like on the mobile app?

Nice work!! looking forward on updates, as of now it is still faster/easier to browse my dropbox folder on my other comp thru my home network in xbmc

/Jan

The syncing is not implemented yet, now only the media-files (music, photo and videos) are 'cached', other files are not synced. When the syncing is implemented, I expect that the browsing would be a lot faster. I will add a form of local security (pin code) to the todo list. Wink

Thanks for the feedback!
Hi there,

sorry, but I do not understand how to get the authorization code. Is it this way:

Start Webviewer Addon
Go to www.dropbox.com
Sign in with email and password

Unfortunately, webviewer does not show the email field, only password and sign in button. Confused
(2013-09-12, 13:06)maikelmeyers Wrote: Hi there,

sorry, but I do not understand how to get the authorization code. Is it this way:

Start Webviewer Addon
Go to www.dropbox.com
Sign in with email and password

Unfortunately, webviewer does not show the email field, only password and sign in button. Confused

You don't need to start the WebViewer yourself. The Dropbox addon starts it for you!
The webviewer indeed doesn't show the email field, that is why it is ask, before the webviewer is started.

The steps are:
1. Open the Dropbox addon (in the Pictures/Music/Videos menu)
2. A popup will appear, saying that a Dropbox Authorization is required. Press 'OK'
3. A keyboard popup will appear, requesting your dropbox username. Type in your dropbox username (email)
4. Now the WebViewer is started and the Dropbox website is automatically loaded. The password field is highlighted and you should press <enter> (or select key).
5. The keyboard popup is shown again. Now enter your Dropbox password. Select 'OK' when done.
6. Use the down arrow to select the "Sign in" button and press <enter> again.
7. A new page will be loaded and the "Cancel" and "Allow" buttons will be visible. Select the "Allow" button and press <enter>.
8. A popup is shown. The authorization is finished and the WebViewer can be closed (select "yes").

I hope this helps.
OK, thanks. Now it works. I can't remember exactly but I did not notice this email dialog at the first time I started the addon and I gave it no second try.
This addon is nice. Thank you for your work! I hope version 1.0 has an option to automatically sync the whole dropbox content into a folder and does this in the background (same as the Desktop version). This would be great.
hello josetaza!!!

the plugin it works perfectly.Nod

a question the option of downloading is possible?

Regards Kaptus
(2013-10-16, 08:57)kaptus Wrote: hello josetaza!!!

the plugin it works perfectly.Nod

a question the option of downloading is possible?

Regards Kaptus
Hi Kaptus,
Good to hear that it works perfectly! Smile
No, there is no option for downloading. The media files are/can be cached, so they are more or less downloaded... I'm working on a synchronizing service, so that all the dropbox files are synchronized to your local XBMC. Is that what you are looking for?
it is for photos that I have in my Dropbox folder, those could also download a HDD which has the XBMC.
Since my parents do not have a computer.

Regards Kaptus
(2013-10-21, 15:49)kaptus Wrote: it is for photos that I have in my Dropbox folder, those could also download a HDD which has the XBMC.
Since my parents do not have a computer.
Ok, I understand what you mean. I think it isn't that much work to implement, so I'll probably add that to a next release...
ok, Thank you for your response and your work.

I will be attentive to this new version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropbox picture add on?0