Solved Mouse pointer in Linux (XBMCBuntu)
Hello.

Are you aware that the mouse pointer in the skin do not work when running XBMCBuntu? You can move around and click stuff but there is no pointer visible which can be quite annoying.

Is there any known fix for this? Is this a generic problem with Linux or is it unique to the theme? Without having too much experience with the way XBMC is built I guess it cannot be too hard to fix the mouse since it works but the graphic for some reason is not displayed.

Regards,
Massy
Neon was not designed with mouse support. Apart from the mouse texture not being available, there are many mouse specific additions like close buttons not available either.

Feel free to add them if you need them.
(2013-10-23, 00:09)Kib Wrote: Neon was not designed with mouse support. Apart from the mouse texture not being available, there are many mouse specific additions like close buttons not available either.

Feel free to add them if you need them.

Hello again.

Devided to go ahead and try fix it myself since the error seemed quite strange (working in windows but not linux).

Compared some skins and found a fix after a while, thankfully!

Here's the VERY SIMPLE problem with the skin:
The textures for the mouse in "720p/media/" are all named with only lowercase letters (for example "pointerclick.png"). However in the "Pointer.xml" all of the textures are named something like "PointerClick.png".

The error is simply that Windows doesn't really give a crap about files being upper or lowercase when Linux does. Simply editing the "Pointer.xml" to match the lowercase named texture files fixed the problem. This is the only problem I have encountered with the skin on Linux. It would be really awesome if this could be fixed in future versions. As far as mouse support goes I guess it doesn't work that well, and me personally will not be using it, I did this to help a friend out. But I guess that you might as well want to see the mouse in the menus where it actually is usable.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--Empty-->
<window id="105">
  <defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol>
  <controls>
    <control type="image" id="1">
      <description>Pointer</description>
      <width>30</width>
      <height>30</height>
      <texture>pointernf.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="image" id="2">
      <description>Pointer Focus</description>
      <width>30</width>
      <height>30</height>
      <texture>pointerfo.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="image" id="3">
      <description>Pointer Drag</description>
      <width>30</width>
      <height>30</height>
      <texture>pointerdrag.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="image" id="4">
      <description>pointer_click</description>
      <width>30</width>
      <height>30</height>
      <texture>pointerclick.png</texture>
    </control>
  </controls>
</window>
That uppercase/lowercase issue will be fixed in next version, but I will not be adding further mouse support.

If anyone has the time and willingness to add it, feel free to submit a change. This is not meant in a bad way, I simply don't have the time to do it myself.
added to frodo branch and upcoming gotham branch

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse pointer in Linux (XBMCBuntu)0