• 65(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-10-29, 20:20)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone else use Last.fm? Plan to add an option to parse users played music to music videos channel...

Also trying to find the best way to use youtube for auto tuning music video channels...any suggestions?

http://solayo.com/ perhaps?
(2013-10-29, 20:35)bry- Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 20:20)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone else use Last.fm? Plan to add an option to parse users played music to music videos channel...

Also trying to find the best way to use youtube for auto tuning music video channels...any suggestions?

http://solayo.com/ perhaps?

Looks cool, but I don't see any way to get a users info, no api or rss feed...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatix is there an issue with latest master push? Just installed it and when I go to launch it nothing happens. I put the one from 10/27 back on and it works fine. I completely removed ptvl and installed latest again and still nothing happens.
(2013-10-29, 23:34)mzup Wrote: Lunatix is there an issue with latest master push? Just installed it and when I go to launch it nothing happens. I put the one from 10/27 back on and it works fine. I completely removed ptvl and installed latest again and still nothing happens.

After each master update you should always delete your PTVL "cache" folder and check settings for new options.
@luna Will the bumper channels fill in the time difference for the 21 and 42 minute shows to make the whole show+bumper combo 30 minutes or 60 minutes? This would be cool since it would make the EPG look more like a grid.
i have no idea how ppl are getting these times wrong but it's on your end and not ptvl.
and i think it will show a short listing for bct's in between the shows/movies but luna would have to confirm that
(2013-10-30, 00:44)Edge10101 Wrote: @luna Will the bumper channels fill in the time difference for the 21 and 42 minute shows to make the whole show+bumper combo 30 minutes or 60 minutes? This would be cool since it would make the EPG look more like a grid.

Why doesn't your EPG look like a grid now? Mine does...

BCT's will display just like any other media in PTVL... short little boxes in between shows.

I've always stated I have no intentions of rewriting Pseudotv. I'm just adding features onto the preexisting framework...
To piggy back on what scilz and luna are saying my EPG is a grid as well...what I think the poster is saying is that his EPG shows aren't lining up with the times across the top. FWIW the reason for this is because the times across the top are 3 in 30 minute intervals. For instance right now my visible listings would be 7, 7:30, and 8pm. Because library content is conmercial free you are dealing with shows that's are either 21 or 42 minutes so they don't not line up cleanly with the 30 minute intervals the EPG is split into. This isn't a problem that needs fixing though because live tv needs the thirty minute interval display otherwise your live programming schedule would be screwed up.
@ scilz, not reporting a bug or a problem or anything... I know my shows are 21 or 42 minutes and I want them to be.

@ luna, the live TV is a grid yes but the custom genre channels which are compiled from my media library don't fit the 30 minute grid. Wondering if the bumpers would be customizable to fill in the 9 or 18 minute gaps so that the next media starts on the half hour or the hour.

@ARYEZ, just to be clear not asking to change the interval display just want to add a bumper of a specific time to the end of the media so the next media starts on the half or the hour.

Lol just a suggestion. Thought it would be a clever addition.
@Lunatixz

Here's a log file for my attempt to build some music genre channels. Hopefully some others can post their log files as well and we can get to the bottom of why this channel type isn't working.

my log file
i dont think you could get this to work unless all your bct's where 2 minutes long. then you could have 22 minute show followed by 4 bct's and that would be 30 minutes. but you would still see 5 items a 22 min show then a 2 min bct then another 2 min bct ect. but your next show would then start on the hour.
Pulled latest and ran auto tune, getting black screen, I only have TV and Movies setup for auto tune, no music, live tv, etc.

log http://pastebin.com/LShiPJu6
i got basic cable recently (turns out my apartment gives basic cable over qam... whohoo!... after two years of having it and not knowing.) so i hooked up my hauppage wintv hvr-1290 and set up windows media center and xbmc, is there a way with any backend to use it with ptvl now or in the future? i dont have $300 for a hdhomerun when my cheapo hauppage tunes it fine for now. it seems like it could work through a plugin somehow.

here is a line from my favoruites
Code:
<favourite name="COMEDY/32">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/17.pvr&quot;)</favourite>

edit: well then.... i solved my own problem. it does work. this is my channel code for future reference.
Code:
<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_1" value="I32.28455994.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/17.pvr" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_opt_1" value="Comedy Central" />
(2013-10-30, 06:05)wattman Wrote: Pulled latest and ran auto tune, getting black screen, I only have TV and Movies setup for auto tune, no music, live tv, etc.

log http://pastebin.com/LShiPJu6

You need to enable xbmc log debugging, then send me the log right after the error or crash

(2013-10-30, 07:11)nerdmastax Wrote: i got basic cable recently (turns out my apartment gives basic cable over qam... whohoo!... after two years of having it and not knowing.) so i hooked up my hauppage wintv hvr-1290 and set up windows media center and xbmc, is there a way with any backend to use it with ptvl now or in the future? i dont have $300 for a hdhomerun when my cheapo hauppage tunes it fine for now. it seems like it could work through a plugin somehow.

here is a line from my favoruites
Code:
<favourite name="COMEDY/32">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/17.pvr&quot;)</favourite>

edit: well then.... i solved my own problem. it does work. this is my channel code for future reference.
Code:
<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_1" value="I32.28455994.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/17.pvr" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_opt_1" value="Comedy Central" />

Glad you got it working...
i am having one peculiar issue, my left and right arrow keys act differently on live tv. i normally set it to 30 sec forward 7 back, ordinary network ptv channels do fine, live tv acts real funky and buggy, forward does fine, backward needs rapid pressing for any progress and stops working more every time you hit left.

after resetting the timeline by the bar you can do it a lil more, but it still takes two left presses to go 7 seconds back
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45