• 4(current)
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing
It's not going to be rarred stuff - we'd see it in the logs.

Ardalista: Please grab the log from the 12.2, yes. In particular I want to see whether it's trying to extract streamdetails from those files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-11-03, 06:19)jmarshall Wrote: It's not going to be rarred stuff - we'd see it in the logs.

Ardalista: Please grab the log from the 12.2, yes. In particular I want to see whether it's trying to extract streamdetails from those files.

Here is the 12.2 log file
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Thanks. I have an inkling as to the cause (we bumped libnfs, and you happen to be using it...)

To confirm, please make sure you run 12.2 and that all stream details etc. are extracted (i.e. leave it sitting on home for say 5 minutes, then check the Debug Log to make sure none of the streamdetails extraction is showing up anymore).

This stuff:

Quote:CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file ...

Once you're sure that stuff is all done in 12.2, update to 12.3. It should be fine on Home then. It'll crash probably if you try and browse or play a file.

In the meantime, I'll take a good study of the code and see if there could be any issues (I presume all that happens is a hang, or do you get a crash?) and perhaps put together a custom build with some more debugging.

BTW: You don't happen to be able to build yourself do you?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2013-11-03, 06:38)jmarshall Wrote: Thanks. I have an inkling as to the cause (we bumped libnfs, and you happen to be using it...)

To confirm, please make sure you run 12.2 and that all stream details etc. are extracted (i.e. leave it sitting on home for say 5 minutes, then check the debug log to make sure none of the streamdetails extraction is showing up anymore).

This stuff:

Quote:CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file ...

Once you're sure that stuff is all done in 12.2, update to 12.3. It should be fine on Home then. It'll crash probably if you try and browse or play a file.

In the meantime, I'll take a good study of the code and see if there could be any issues (I presume all that happens is a hang, or do you get a crash?) and perhaps put together a custom build with some more debugging.

BTW: You don't happen to be able to build yourself do you?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. I'll pick things up again tomorrow morning when I get home from work. I'm on graveyard and due to start in 6 hours so heading to sleep now.

When launching app hangs then closes straight away

And no I can't build myself wouldn't know how
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

does anyone on linux have the same issue with mysql and/or NFS?
@Ardalista: Thanks. Here's a build with a bit of debugging thrown in that should confirm that NFS is the cause:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...-Frodo.exe

If you could try that out and grab a Debug Log I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I just installed the actual build (1. november). I still have the problem that xbmc starts with 16 Bit Colors.
Hi Jonathan,

Just got home and installed the version from your link.

This is actually running without crashing, I've also been able to play one of the media files as a test.

Debug log here

Weird. Let me pull that debug logging back out and do up another build.

@Ardalista: Here you go. This *should* be the same as the 12.3 release we did before. Please check that it works.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...-Frodo.exe

Thanks!
Jonathan

(2013-11-04, 03:24)jmarshall Wrote: @Ardalista: Here you go. This *should* be the same as the 12.3 release we did before. Please check that it works.

Thanks!
Jonathan

I think you're missing something here XD

Ta - updated the last post.

Cheers,

Just tested

Result = XBMC has stopped working.

"A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available."

[Close program]

Debug Log

But the other one works fine still?

Just noticed the URL you just provided this afternoon downloaded the same file that is linked on the 1st post.. the file name is identical.

I just re-installed the version from the link you provided last night and that is loading and playing media

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing1