• 31(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
How do I turn off the popup progress bar you get when it's cleaning? I have notifications turned off and still see it. If I use XBMC built in update and clean the popup never shows (which is what I want).

It's really annoying to have the UI frozen for up to a minute waiting for the progress bar to finish.
Anyone?
There was some sort of memory leak with this app where it would cause my xbmc to crash once every 24hrs. If i disabled it no problems. I havent used this addon in about 2 months. Has this been addressed or has the app been updated since?
I had too uninstall it now... Just causes too many different problems and it seems to not be maintained anymore. Sad
Hi All.
Can someone help, I have xbmc frodo setup on a Raspberry Pi and have added watchdog but I keep getting an error message stating invalid path. Huh I have read around and followed some tips but keep hitting a brick wall Confused

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards Alex
Hi

Can someone explain to me how this works, I downloaded and installed "Watchdog" in Services of the offical repository.

I enabled and configured, didn't change much as the defaults looks good.

I turned off XBMC and turn on multiple times (not all at once, just general use).

About half and hour ago I put in a whole season of Mike & Molly into my XBMC TV Shows source (folder structure TV Shows\Mike & Molly\Season 3\Mike & Molly - S03EXX - Episode Name.mkv)

But I have checked and checked and its not showing up so I guess its not doing the library update?

When/how often does this check for file changes/additions?

Thanks
I don't think this is maintained anymore, I have removed it & installed XBMC Auto-Update which works fine.

Alan...
Watchdog actually works great with OpenELEC and mounted drives.
So it doesn't work any more?
It still works and is still maintained. I use it daily myself. I've been working on the backend but there has been no updates to the addon for a long time mostly because there are currently no known and critical issues other than the ones listed in the OP and what people say doesn't work for them and I'm a bit busy with other things atm.

As for you Stildawn the addon is only on and will only detect changes when xbmc is on. If you want it to update on start up there's already a setting for that in xbmc. It has been covered multiple times.
Works great for me too. Been using it for ages. Windows 7.
The only thing it doesn't trigger is when I delete a file, watchdog doesn't update the library , so I have to use library auto update and trigger that every hour to update the library
(2013-11-06, 22:14)takoi Wrote: It still works and is still maintained. I use it daily myself. I've been working on the backend but there has been no updates to the addon for a long time mostly because there are currently no known and critical issues other than the ones listed in the OP and what people say doesn't work for them and I'm a bit busy with other things atm.

As for you Stildawn the addon is only on and will only detect changes when xbmc is on. If you want it to update on start up there's already a setting for that in xbmc. It has been covered multiple times.

Ok well I don't want it to update every time I turn xbmc on, so your saying it will eventually update the library?

Perhaps it's not designed for me, I usually just turn on xbmc to watch stuff and afterwards I turn it off. I thought that as soon as I turned xbmc on that the watchdog would run a library update if it detected new files. Which would suit me perfectly.
You dont even need this addon then I guess. XBMC will do pretty exactly what you want when you activate "Settings -> Video -> Database -> Update on start" (or similar).
(2013-11-06, 22:48)jjmucker Wrote: Works great for me too. Been using it for ages. Windows 7.
The only thing it doesn't trigger is when I delete a file, watchdog doesn't update the library , so I have to use library auto update and trigger that every hour to update the library
well it's default off..
I'm sure when I first started running watchdog last year, anytime I deleted something it automatically removed the file without doing a complete library update?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4