• 96(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-11-16, 21:43)TechLife Wrote: I saw mention of having our own forum section. Is that something you guys (devs) would be interested in? I can send some PMs and see what I can do if so...

Not really for developers there aren't that many of us Smile - we have just been using email and bitbucket. I think it would be great to have a sub-forum instead of this monster support thread. See the main 'pvr help and support' page at the top for examples.

(2013-11-16, 23:20)bry- Wrote: two things : please add MQ5 and ACE to the supported skins on the wiki.

I am running the latest serverwmc and not able to load one chan. I would like to submit the log and a sample of the chan but cannot find where the recording is. log will come with the tmp recording.

All the temp files are store in tempxbmc. I think you should post a link to the server log first, after I look at that I can tell you if its worth getting me the example wtv and where to find it.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-11-17, 00:21)krustyreturns Wrote: Not really for developers there aren't that many of us Smile - we have just been using email and bitbucket. I think it would be great to have a sub-forum instead of this monster support thread. See the main 'pvr help and support' page at the top for examples.

I don't think I worded that correctly. I didn't mean a section for developers. I meant I wanted the devs (mainly you lol) to chime in on the idea of having a sub-forum instead of this monster support thread. I'll take that as a yes. Wink
Let me see what I can do.

Aren't you supposed to be playing PS4? LOL
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-11-16, 15:51)ktjensen Wrote: After testing for a few days. The same computer is a WMC server and it is running XBMC (and PLEXBMC and PLAYON). Other apps are in the background on my win7-64 machine.

1) SERVERWMC runs well. Does not show any issues when running.

2). The client app in XBMC Runs well for a while. But shutting down and starting back up seems to show more issues. XBMC gets slower and slower each restart. Channels all reloading from clients and like messages.

3). Should I always accept 127.0.0.1 as the default address? Why can I not use the computers own address? Can not connect other computers to the SERVERWMC app.

4). Not sure if this is just an XBMC issue as have had problems with XBMC slow start up. Consistently slow start up.

1) good.

2) not clear to me what you saying, I think you are saying its taking a long time to load epg and channels from the server. If you are running with the epg database 'on' in xbmc try reseting it, if its not on, try turning it on.

3) You should use 127.0.0.1 for the client running on the same machine as serverwmc, there is no reason to use something different. For other computer clients you have to enter the ip of the sever computer, if that's not working check firewall settings or whether the default port number 9080 is blocked.

4) don't know

(2013-11-17, 00:36)TechLife Wrote: Let me see what I can do.

Aren't you supposed to be playing PS4? LOL

Thanks! As for the ps4, I am downloading... Smile
No need for a Channel Manager Logo fix right now,. The is a work around. Here is what to do:

1. Set your Channel display format to {1}-{0} instead of {1}/{0}

2. Rename your logos to call sign-number.extension. Example KDKADT2-2.1.jpg.

3. Restart the server.

4. Set your default folder for PVR thumbnails to where your logos are stores (Settings/Live TV/Menu-OSD)

5. If you add new logos, you will need to restart XMBC. or scan for missing channels under (Settings/Live TV/Menu-OSD.
(2013-11-17, 00:45)spinnaker Wrote: No need for a Channel Manager Logo fix right now,. The is a work around. Here is what to do:

3. Restart the server.

4. Set your default folder for PVR thumbnails to where your logos are stores (Settings/Live TV/Menu-OSD)

5. If you add new logos, you will need to restart XMBC. or scan for missing channels under (Settings/Live TV/Menu-OSD.

Awesome spinnaker, thank you. I guess the '/' in the channel name was a bad idea on my part huh? lol. Good stuff for the wiki, I'm sure techlife can use it.
(2013-11-17, 00:50)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 00:45)spinnaker Wrote: No need for a Channel Manager Logo fix right now,. The is a work around. Here is what to do:

3. Restart the server.

Awesome spinnaker, thank you. I guess the '/' in the channel name was a bad idea on my part huh? lol. Good stuff for the wiki, I'm sure techlife can use it.

Please Add to the wiki for #5. To see logo while watching Live TV, you will need to restart XBMC.

This is almost there if only we could get directories working. Smile
What steps need to be taken on client-only HTPCs?

I have things setup to the point that I can watch live TV using WMC, but not XBMC.

I setup WMC on the second HTPC. Installed the PVR plugin. Added my Server IP address.

Playback doesn't work though. It just says Buffering... And then nothing happens.

ServerWMC Logs: http://pastebin.com/hCSHv3Zb
XBMC Logs (from 2nd PC unable to access): http://pastebin.com/MC3VSaUV
(2013-11-17, 01:28)spinnaker Wrote: Please Add to the wiki for #5. To see logo while watching Live TV, you will need to restart XBMC.

I added to the wiki thread to remind me. I'll get it in there when I do the rest of the updates for the new build. Thanks!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-11-17, 02:31)newoski Wrote: What steps need to be taken on client-only HTPCs?

I have things setup to the point that I can watch live TV using WMC, but not XBMC.

I setup WMC on the second HTPC. Installed the PVR plugin. Added my Server IP address.

Playback doesn't work though. It just says Buffering... And then nothing happens.

ServerWMC Logs: http://pastebin.com/hCSHv3Zb
XBMC Logs (from 2nd PC unable to access): http://pastebin.com/MC3VSaUV

The local path to your recorded tv folder is here:
E:\Recorded TV\

All the client-only pc's need to have access to this folder for live tv and rec tv to work, so they need the network path to this folder. In the log it looks like the network path is set to:
\\Htpc1-pc\e$\Recorded

Not sure where the 'e$'' came from but I bet it is not supposed to be there. My guess is it should be:
\\Htpc1-pc\Recorded TV\

Try entering this in the folder tab for the network path in serverwmc.
nvm
That worked perfectly!

(I got the E$ nonsense from Googling UNC path info. Apparently I was way off).

Thanks!
Theimmortal can you update your builds to work with the latest gotham alpha's? I just updated to the Nov14 Rasbmc test build and pvr.wmc is no longer compatible. I was told that it is due a jump in the xbmc.python dependency from v2.0 to v2.1.0 which could be updated in addons.xml but I don't see it in the file packaged with pvr.wmc.
(2013-11-17, 03:54)miker25 Wrote: Theimmortal can you update your builds to work with the latest gotham alpha's? I just updated to the Nov14 Rasbmc test build and pvr.wmc is no longer compatible. I was told that it is due a jump in the xbmc.python dependency from v2.0 to v2.1.0 which could be updated in addons.xml but I don't see it in the file packaged with pvr.wmc.

I'm working on getting new Raspberry builds working. I have been having some trouble getting the latest git to compile. I finally got Linux x64 to compile with the new changes, so hopefully I will make headway on the rest soon. I will post when I have them ready.
Did I grab the wrong one? I downloaded the frodo Immortal zip (repo.frodo.theimmortal) and installed the raspberry openelec one and right off the bat it says its broken. Missing dependency. I am on openelec 3.2.3 and frodo 12.2.
(2013-11-17, 06:46)Doomsday01 Wrote: Did I grab the wrong one? I downloaded the frodo Immortal zip (repo.frodo.theimmortal) and installed the raspberry openelec one and right off the bat it says its broken. Missing dependency. I am on openelec 3.2.3 and frodo 12.2.

That was my fault. I have been trying to figure out a way to not have the stanard Linux show up on the RPi, and vice versa, so I had played with the dependencies. It should be fixed now. Do a Force Refresh on the repo to make sure it re-reads all the XML files.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9