Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 221(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
No animated gifs.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2013-11-17, 12:28)weirdinin Wrote: Now it's working. I just don't shut down htpc, instead I put it in sleep.

Another thing: is it possible to add animated gifs (or another format) to the cinema experience slide show? I tried but only the first frame appears.

Currently, the Trivia only supports JPG and PNG slides with an XML for Q&A.

giftie and I have discussed the possibility of adding animated slide shows. We're not sure how it could be done, but it is something we've kicked around. It seems like that would be the next step in the trivia part of Cinema Experience, since that's what all of the theaters do now. I'm not sure GIF support would be the way to go. We've talked about some kind of web-based something that would be template driven, and pull all of the trivia from a database of sorts. Perhaps when giftie finishes up this next release of CE (which is a major rewrite with tons of new features) that would be the next big project. If he goes that route, I'll definitely create content for it.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Okay so I've got XBMC back up and running and Cinema Experience is working.. sort of. I can get it to play the movie and it plays trailers and then the movie but skips everything else like the slideshows and other videos. Here's the log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=86438
I think it pretty much starts at line 3509. Any help as to why it's not playing these other features would be greatly appreciated. My daughters having a movie themed birthday party next weekend and I really wanted to show this off and make it just like the kids were going to a movie. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance.
Ok I managed to add that second trailer section thanks to the comments by the developer(s). I nearly gave up thinking I couldn't touch the original without XBMC freaking out because every change resulted in an error, but then realised I had to delete the .pyo files that get created (no experience with python).

Thanks again for this great addon.
Its skipping parts like trailers here too... Sad
But always forget to turn on debugging..
(2013-11-18, 08:50)KevinMyhre Wrote: Okay so I've got XBMC back up and running and Cinema Experience is working.. sort of. I can get it to play the movie and it plays trailers and then the movie but skips everything else like the slideshows and other videos. Here's the log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=86438
I think it pretty much starts at line 3509. Any help as to why it's not playing these other features would be greatly appreciated. My daughters having a movie themed birthday party next weekend and I really wanted to show this off and make it just like the kids were going to a movie. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Make sure your paths are valid and XBMC has proper authority to access the paths.
Double checked my paths and they're all good. How do I make sure XBMC has the authority to access it? It was working before I decided to upgrade to Mavericks lol
Hi, I'm not an script expert.
I installed the addon in my Frodo 12.1

What I have to do for following example
using this addon?
1. then I start a movie a own trailer like
THX should start and afterwards the selected
Movie

2. Define own trailers for movies selected via
genre. Means:
e.g. starting a Science Fiction trailer causes
before a start of own defined Thx trailer like
as Terminator 2 Thx trailer
....starting an Animation movie causes before
e.g. a own defined Dolby Digital trailer

So far I need nothing else as these kind of trailers before the movie starts.
How I have to program that within XBMC settings?

Best regards
Blade
Looking to find out what people have and where they are getting them for the script. Is anybody interested in helping me compile a master list of sorts with links to the available content and/or provide an upload to download the available content? I would also like to mention that there are a few available paid options. are there any that I am missing? Maybe we could compile a full list with sources for giftie to put into the first post or two. As always thanks to giftie for making this possible and the slide creators for providing the content.

Packs that I have.
(2013-11-19, 16:51)bry- Wrote: Looking to find out what people have and where they are getting them for the script. Is anybody interested in helping me compile a master list of sorts with links to the available content and/or provide an upload to download the available content? I would also like to mention that there are a few available paid options. are there any that I am missing? Maybe we could compile a full list with sources for giftie to put into the first post or two. As always thanks to giftie for making this possible and the slide creators for providing the content.

Packs that I have.

Check out my website (linked on the right in my signature) for all of my content. On that site I created a Resources section that has a ton of great links I came across in my quest for ALL THE THINGS before I started creating slide packs. I try to update it every time I find something new that's a great resource or content created by another author. If I'm missing something that should be added there, please let me know. As far as I know, icky never released those slides. There are just a few teasers in Nuka1195's thread, and that's all I've ever seen. Too bad, because they looked really promising.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2013-11-19, 09:53)KevinMyhre Wrote: Double checked my paths and they're all good. How do I make sure XBMC has the authority to access it? It was working before I decided to upgrade to Mavericks lol

If the paths are 100% accessible from XBMC's File manager, they should available through the script. Also a lot of the file handling has changed in the next release so this might not even be an issue in that version. First check the file manager.
Hi. Need some help to set up home automation integration. Can't get eventghost to receive commands from xbmc. Here's what I've done:

-edited automation.py. I think it should be fine. Here's the file http://www.sendspace.com/file/zwmkly

-enabled automation and enabled "trigger at start of the trivia (outro)" from cinema's configuration

-downloaded eventghost receiver plugin from here http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopi...=10&t=2140. I put that in the plugin folder of eventghost.

-add receiver plugin and set as following:

username:[email protected]

http port: 8083 (same as in xbmc)

xbmc broadcast ip: 224.0.0.2 (don't know what I should put here so I left the default value. Correct if it should be changed)

udpport: 9777 (check from dedub log that xbmc uses that port: "23:35:09 T:4528 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777")

thicked "respond to self broadcast"

After setting those this is what eventghost does:
"str(url_xbmc)
Error starting plugin: XBMC Event Receiver
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

Any clue why it's not working?
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2013-11-20, 00:22)weirdinin Wrote: Hi. Need some help to set up home automation integration. Can't get eventghost to receive commands from xbmc. Here's what I've done:

-edited automation.py. I think it should be fine. Here's the file http://www.sendspace.com/file/zwmkly

-enabled automation and enabled "trigger at start of the trivia (outro)" from cinema's configuration

-downloaded eventghost receiver plugin from here http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopi...=10&t=2140. I put that in the plugin folder of eventghost.

-add receiver plugin and set as following:

username:[email protected]

http port: 8083 (same as in xbmc)

xbmc broadcast ip: 224.0.0.2 (don't know what I should put here so I left the default value. Correct if it should be changed)

udpport: 9777 (check from dedub log that xbmc uses that port: "23:35:09 T:4528 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777")

thicked "respond to self broadcast"

After setting those this is what eventghost does:
"str(url_xbmc)
Error starting plugin: XBMC Event Receiver
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

Any clue why it's not working?

Couple of things...

What version of XBMC are you using? If your using Frodo(12, 12.1, 12.2) your method of triggering event ghost is incorrect. HTTPAPI has been removed and will cause the the script to crash.. Download the file from the first page(the one for version 3.0.1) Copy this to your userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.exprerience/ha_scripts and save it as home_automation.py(there should be file already there, copy over it.) Then in you EventGhost set it up in the following way..

Event-Prefix: XBMC-Event
XBMC Host IP: 127.0.0.1
XBMC HTTP Port: 8083
XBMC Broadcast IP: 255.255.255.255
UDP Port: 8278
Respond to Self Broadcast: checked
Payload Delimiter: <b></b>

Restart XBMC.

Event Ghost will report a Connection error, but don't worry about that, we're not really communicating to XBMC, just listening...
Oops, yes I have frodo 12.2. Should have explored the first page with more care. Thank you very much. Now it's working. Cinema experience is so fantastic that I feel guilty of taking the advance of it without any contribution. After the home automation is set up (ordered vera lite and couple of light modules yesterday), I'd like to make a small donation. So if there's a way to do that, just let me know.
You're doing a great job!
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
Hi,

is there a way to get the aspect ratio of the movie in the Homeautomation script?
Would be awesome to automate screen masking with this plugin.

Thanks in Advance!
  • 221(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24