OS X 2 instances of xbmc for 2 tv's?
Hi,

Ive been running XBMC on my quad core hackintosh and has been running great. It's connected via a 20foot hdmi cable that runs to the living room upstairs.

Now, I'd like to be able to run another hdmi cable from the computer to another tv in the basement, and run another home made usb apple IR extender to that tv also.

Thing is, I'd like to watch 2 different shows, one on each TV. Is this at all possible? Can I run a 2nd instance of XBMC and select another TV out option?

Lastly, I'm about to pick up another Mac mini 2011 which has thunderbolt and HDMI out, perhaps it'll help my cause?

thanks
Running multiple instances of XBMC on the same rig with different outputs is not possible.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You can certainly do this using VM's (Virtual machines) and running one instance in each VM, as long as you can set the VM's up to use different video outputs.
The words network, nas, rasberrypi, homeplug come to mind. Probably cheaper than buying a massively long hdmi cable too!
(2013-11-26, 11:49)black_eagle Wrote: You can certainly do this using VM's (Virtual machines) and running one instance in each VM, as long as you can set the VM's up to use different video outputs.

interesting, what if I ran parallels within OS X ? would that work? good idea btw.. I'll have to try. A quad core is really overkill for running xbmc, atleast i recycled it and not in a dumpster!

(2013-11-26, 12:22)matpol Wrote: The words network, nas, rasberrypi, homeplug come to mind. Probably cheaper than buying a massively long hdmi cable too!

i honestly looked seriously at getting a raspberrypi. I'm just not sold on it for some reason.. and heck it's still 100$
(2013-11-26, 13:47)jezzy Wrote: interesting, what if I ran parallels within OS X ? would that work? good idea btw.. I'll have to try. A quad core is really overkill for running xbmc, atleast i recycled it and not in a dumpster!

Just had a quick look at that, and I can't see any reason it wouldn't work from their advert. Notice it mentions external monitors so presumably it gives you the option of choosing an output. If thats the case, I can't see any reason that you can't run the windows version under parallels and your current version on OS X at the same time. Library access might be an issue unless you either install mysql and use that for both or use the windows version in portable mode, in which case it would have its own library.
i'll just have to give it a shot and reply once done.any other VM software you can recommend?
Well personally, I have had good experiences with virtualbox.
thanks and free! i'll try it out

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 instances of xbmc for 2 tv's?0