• 3(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
A little update.

If i remove the subscription DNS that I use to access US Netflix from the UK, and use a UK ISP provided one then it works perfectly okay. Very nicely in fact. Put the DNS back though and it doesn't access Netflix again. XBMCFlix didn't have that problem, nor does the HULU plugin, they populated perfectly well regardless. A puzzle for sure. Seems that this cannot be used with a "paid for, subscription service" DNS, or certainly not the one that I use anyway.

That said, I briefly used the plugin with Netflix/UK and everything worked as it should. As a work in progress this has all the hallmarks of turning out to be a good addition to the XBMC family of plugins.
Another update;

It looks like it is my DNS provider which is, for whatever reason, having issues with this plugin. I used a another US DNS provider and that works fine. I can now access the american version of Netflix without a problem. Everything populates as it should and it works perfectly. Now to map the keystrokes to my HTPC remote control and this becomes a great solution, implemented as well as can be - given the Silverlight issues.

Now using with a DNS switcher which gives the best of all worlds. Again, thanks for taking the time to create a very nice little plugin. I'm looking forward to future developments.
(2013-11-28, 16:19)xcalibrate Wrote: Another update;

It looks like it is my DNS provider which is, for whatever reason, having issues with this plugin. I used a another US DNS provider and that works fine. I can now access the american version of Netflix without a problem. Everything populates as it should and it works perfectly. Now to map the keystrokes to my HTPC remote control and this becomes a great solution, implemented as well as can be - given the Silverlight issues.

Now using with a DNS switcher which gives the best of all worlds. Again, thanks for taking the time to create a very nice little plugin. I'm looking forward to future developments.
Great news! And thanks for the compliment... Smile
v1.0.6:
- Changed season/episode listing
- Fixed adding episodes to the library
- Fixed "My List" when using manual order mode
- Added support for Safari (OSX)

(2013-11-27, 18:03)mzup Wrote: It does show my list of tv shows I have selected. just nothing shows under each series.
(2013-11-27, 18:21)bradwatson Wrote: 1. Netflix original series such as "Orange is the New Black" and "House of Cards" do not populate any episodes for me.
I completely changed episode listing, so hopefully everything is working fine now...

(2013-11-27, 21:30)bradwatson Wrote: When trying to add certain things to the library, it fails with a script error. My log is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=90596
Fixed.

(2013-11-27, 18:21)bradwatson Wrote: 3. "My List" shows nothing. I have plenty of items in my list through other Netflix apps.
Should now also be working fine. I forgot to implement episode listing when using manual order mode.
thank you very much for integrating Safari -very much appreciated - excellent add-on
Im getting a scipt error. On a Windows 7 32 bit Acer R3700. Based in the UK.

Get a "list index out of range" message:

Line 615: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91142

Any ideas what Im doing wrong?
(2013-11-29, 00:23)selondoner79 Wrote: Im getting a scipt error. On a Windows 7 32 bit Acer R3700. Based in the UK.

Get a "list index out of range" message:

Line 615: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91142

Any ideas what Im doing wrong?

I'm getting the exact same exception on plug-in launch. Ubuntu 64-bit, based in the US.
v1.0.7:
- Fixed bug with language/country detection

(2013-11-29, 00:23)selondoner79 Wrote: Im getting a scipt error. On a Windows 7 32 bit Acer R3700. Based in the UK.
(2013-11-29, 00:56)BootsC5 Wrote: I'm getting the exact same exception on plug-in launch. Ubuntu 64-bit, based in the US.
It was caused by some changes in v1.0.6. I assume, you started using the addon with this version and don't have previous versions installed?
Please let me know if v1.0.7 fixes it for you...
v1.0.8:
- Fixed episode listing for videos with missing thumb
It was caused by some changes in v1.0.6. I assume, you started using the addon with this version and don't have previous versions installed?
[/quote]

On this install, yes. 1.0.8 is working as expected, thanks.

Feature request: A simple method to convert all items in "My List" to .strms. A refresh schedule would be perfect.
(2013-11-29, 03:12)BootsC5 Wrote:
(2013-11-29, 02:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:

On this install, yes. 1.0.8 is working as expected, thanks.

Feature request: A simple method to convert all items in "My List" to .strms. A refresh schedule would be perfect.
[/quote]

That is what I am looking for... Right now I can add individual items to the library. It would be great if I could right-click My List and export all of those to the library at the same time (like the Hulu and Amazon plugins).
(2013-11-29, 02:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.0.7:
- Fixed bug with language/country detection

(2013-11-29, 00:56)BootsC5 Wrote: I'm getting the exact same exception on plug-in launch. Ubuntu 64-bit, based in the US.

Its fixed this issue but now getting 'Permission denied'

Im certain that the login details Im using are correct. Ive also deleted cookies and restarted.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91449
(2013-11-29, 03:12)BootsC5 Wrote: Feature request: A simple method to convert all items in "My List" to .strms. A refresh schedule would be perfect.
Sounds useful - could add it. But i won't implement a service script for automated (scheduled) updating.
You can schedule xbmc commands (including any plugin/script execution) yourself with this addon or something similar.

(2013-11-29, 22:13)selondoner79 Wrote: Its fixed this issue but now getting 'Permission denied'

Im certain that the login details Im using are correct. Ive also deleted cookies and restarted.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91449
XBMC has no permission to write in it's own userdata directory. There must be something wrong with your xbmc setup.
Have you run xbmc as an administrator before? If so, you now have no write access to the folders, that were created by an adminstrator.
Anything like this must have caused it. You could try to just delete the "AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc" folder. But if you also have no write access in the parent folder, you probably need to completely delete/backup your "AppData\Roaming\XBMC" folder and start from the beginning...
Congrats on creating one of the best add ons out there. With the recent fixed, it's working great. If it is possible to do, could you add in a feature that would show if the show had been already watched? Would make it easier than having to remember the show you last watched in a series. I'm not sure if there is a way you can see this from the Netflix site when you are scraping the source.
This addon would be a no go for OpenELEC i think?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7