• 2(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Hi All,

Custom fanart also added in revision r131 (Just the single file to patch again):

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-hist...default.py

It works in a similar way to the thumbnails - so either by having the file in the same directory with a given name, or by linking to it in the NFO file.

See the wiki for more details

Let me know how you get on - if there are no problems, then I might do another publish to the official repo soon(ish)

Rob
Hi Rob,

Just tested the new default.py and it does its job at handling custom fanart for each extra as expected, including issue with image cache persistency just as reported for thumbs in player overlay and extras detailed list. However:

Issue with r131 (default.py):
1) VideoExtras loses the ability to automatically inherit and display the fanart (background image) from the parent folder's main video file, just as it was conveniently doing up to and including r130, without the need for the user to do anything extra; up to r130 the fanart was also automatically updated if a new movie/tv show fanart was defined and wasn't affected by the cache issue for thumbs as described in previous posts. Most of the users will perhaps never use custom fanart for extras, which means that everytime they go into their extras detailed list they will see no background image at all. To get it, they will have to manually place a fanart.jpg in the 'Extras' directory and that image will then persist forever as background unless they clean the cache. I see this could be a inconvenience to many regular users.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi all,

Just to help with the cleansing of thumbs cached in XBMC to allow VideoExtras to display updated thumbs for your extras:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1564029
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
The fanart not being persisted from the Movie was a bug - should be fixed with r132

Thanks

Rob
Hi Rob,

In my test new r132 fixes the issue. Thanks!

PS: changelog.txt is missing.
Best,

capfuturo

(2013-12-02, 18:40)capfuturo Wrote: PS: changelog.txt is missing.

Didn't need a change log - add fanart was already added for v1.0.1 ready for when the next official publish is done.
@rob_webset: Got it ;-)
Best,

capfuturo

Is there anyway to go back to 1.0? this new version is aweful.
@blckhood: hi there! What version do you exactly have and would you mind listing the things you consider awful? Thanking you in advance.
Best,

capfuturo

Hi capfuturo. I have v1.0.1. And what's bad about it is, when I go into extras for any movie or tv show, the screen is all black and when I scroll down I see the extras in white. It was not like this before.
@Blckhood: I see what you mean and I can tell your description matches the way the advanced extras detailed list would look in some skins without support for it. Just a teeny-weeny bit more information would be great: what are your skin and XBMC version? In the meantime, could you please go to VideoExtras configuration pane and deselect 'detailed list'? Please report back when you have the chance.
Best,

capfuturo

XBMC Version: 12.2
Skins: Confluence, Aeon Nox, Xperience1080++

When I deselect "Detailed List" in settings, it's back to normal. Smile

EDIT: with nox, and detailed list selected, it's still a black screen, but I can see all the extras without having to scroll down.

I am guessing it has to do with the new fan art, icons, and thumbnail feature in video extras? I will keep it on this setting since that other stuff does not interest me.

Thanks!
@blckhood: you are welcome. The 'back to normal' you mention is the basic view. Amongst the skins you mention, as today, Confluence should be the only one displaying the extras detailed list (advanced view) the way it's meant to be, showing a nice window frame with watched and resume flags for each extra (no black-out window).
Best,

capfuturo

@capfuturo: yup, you are right, confluence does display a nice window frame with detailed list selected. But I like the "normal view" or "basic view" as you stated.

Thanks again for your help.
(2013-12-05, 03:19)blckhood Wrote: Is there anyway to go back to 1.0? this new version is aweful.

Just to clarify, this behaviour is the same for 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 - the only changes for the v1.0.1 release were:

Code:
v1.0.1
- Add selection for return window for detailed list
- Add support for thumbnail/icon image
- Add support for custom fanart

So this has been the case since the first OFFICIAL release of VideoExtras

Rob
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2