• 3(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Hello, I'm the author of the Xperience1080++ skin and have just started to play with this. I installed version 1.0.1 and set the detailed list to off just to see if it picks up my extras. It does but duplicates every entry...I am using the Remote Location configuration so as to keep my movie folders clean (and they also get scanned by a plex media server so cannot have the extras in there).

So in essence I have a custom folder called extras set up as follows: extras/Movies/Despicable Me 2 (2013)/movie1.mkv
extras/Movies/Despicable Me 2 (2013)/movie2.mkv

But the basic dialog shows each movie twice for some reason and selecting only the bottom one works...I can reproduce this consistently at the moment and did turn debug on but could not see anything at all in the logs...do you have any ideas what I could be doing incorrectly here?

Edit - I tested this the standard way (i.e. by putting an extras folder within the movies itself and this works correctly)
(2013-12-05, 17:45)im85288 Wrote: Hello, I'm the author of the Xperience1080++ skin and have just started to play with this. I installed version 1.0.1 and set the detailed list to off just to see if it picks up my extras. It does but duplicates every entry...I am using the Remote Location configuration so as to keep my movie folders clean (and they also get scanned by a plex media server so cannot have the extras in there).

So in essence I have a custom folder called extras set up as follows: extras/Movies/Despicable Me 2 (2013)/movie1.mkv
extras/Movies/Despicable Me 2 (2013)/movie2.mkv

But the basic dialog shows each movie twice for some reason and selecting only the bottom one works...I can reproduce this consistently at the moment and did turn debug on but could not see anything at all in the logs...do you have any ideas what I could be doing incorrectly here?

Edit - I tested this the standard way (i.e. by putting an extras folder within the movies itself and this works correctly)

Very strange - I assume it's not something like a stacked video file is it?

What sort of values to you have in the log when it prints:

"VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence of custom path "

Posting a log may help.

So (he asks hopefully) will you be looking at adding support for the Details List Screen into Xperience1080++

Thanks, Rob
Thanks for the tip, I had not turned debugging on properly in XBMC only on the add-on! Having done so I found this strange text in the log:

VideoExtrasFinder: Check directory: nfs://192.168.1.8/volume1/share/extras/Movies/Despicable Me 2 (2013)/@eaDir

The @eaDir must have been created somehow when I copied the files across using a Mac...having deleted the directory and redone everything using Windows this is all working fine thank you.

And yes, I aim to add support for the details list screen in Xperience1080++ hopefully it will not take long. I'll report here when successful :-)

Thanks again for creating this add-on and providing support.
I have been trying to get Videoextras working all day and i can't seem to figure out what is wrong.
I'm on XBMC 12.2 on Windows 7, using the default confluence Skin and the latest version of Videoextras from the default XBMC repo.

This the structure of the folder i am using to test the plugin (using an SMB network share):

\\server\video\tv\Breaking Bad\Extras\Show Extra.mkv
\\server\video\tv\Breaking Bad\Season 5\S05E01.mkv
\\server\video\tv\Breaking Bad\Season 5\Extras\S05E01 Behind the Scenes.mkv
\\server\video\tv\Breaking Bad\Season 5\Extras\The Making of Season 5.mkv

I've added the exclusion clauses to my advancedsettings.xml and can confirm this is working as the mkv's in both Extras folder do not get added to my library when i scan and update it.
I've added both the Onload and Control commands to my DialogVideoInfo.xml.

Firstly, when i enable the force Extras button in the Videoextras settings, i can see the Extras button on the Breaking Bad Information Page, but when i select it i get an Info popup saying "No Extras Found"

Secondly, When i disable the force Extras button i never see the Extras button on the information page.

Here is some information in my xbmc.log that relates to videoextras:

Code:
12:34:19 T:2416 WARNING: CUtil::SplitParams(script.videoextras,check,"\\server\video\tv\Breaking Bad\") - end of string while searching for ) or "
12:34:19 T:4124 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:34:19 T:4124  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
12:34:19 T:4124  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:34:20 T:2416 WARNING: CUtil::SplitParams(script.videoextras,display,"\\server\video\tv\Breaking Bad\") - end of string while searching for ) or "
12:34:20 T:8728 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:34:20 T:8728  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any additional information to help troubleshoot the problem. Its the first time I've posted on this forum (and used XBMC for that matter) so I'm still trying to get my head around everything.

Thanks very much
@invision
Just to be sure, do you have "Search Nested Directories" enabled in the configuration? Always a good idea to post a link to a full Debug Log (wiki) as well. Remember to enable "Debug Logging" in the configuration for VideoExtras as well as XBMC.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I did have Search Nested Directories enabled in the configuration. I will post the log shortly, although in the mean time i think i may have found the problem...

If i move the above TV Show structure to my local C:\ Drive, then the Extras dialog works correctly and i am able to see the video files within the Extras folder.
When i move it back to to my network share as above and re-start my library with it pointing to the network share folder, the Extras folder pops up saying No extras found.

I have tested this with Movies as well, and can confirm that Extras do not work from my network share, but when all the data resides locally on my C:\ drive, they work.

It seems that Videoextras, for me, is broken when my library is pointing to a network share. The only thing i can think of that will cause this abnormality is the fact that my network share is password protected, and for some reason, Videoextras might not be using the username and password i entered into XBMC to authenticate to the share when initially setting up my library. The alternative is that Videoextras is not working when the video library points to a SMB share regardless of whether it is password protected. I will try and post my log shortly.
It does work on smb shares. However mine are not password protected so that may indeed be the answer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I created a new unprotected share on my NAS and made my library point to that share, and it still wouldn't work. It works from my C:\ Drive, but not from a network share regardless of whether it is password protected. Very strange indeed.
I had trouble uploading my log to the XBMC site, so i put it on pastebin instead. Let me know if i did anything wrong or if anything is missing from the log : )

Code:
http://pastebin.com/sJ38pPa3

Thanks
Looks like it's the \\SERVER\Name format that is causing the problems.

By the time it gets to the VideoExtras addon it has processed the first escape so looks like:

Code:
\SERVER\Name

I believe most people use the smb:// format (Didn't realise that XBMC would even support this format!)

Will take a look at supporting it when I next have a minute - I don't imagine it will be too hard

Rob
That makes sense rob, your an absolute legend. I re-tested and can confirm it works with smb://.
I instinctively path to network shares using \\ as i am used to working on PC's in windows domains. Since i now know this a non-standard way of doing things in XBMC, ill stick to using smb:// in the future.

Since I've got it working, I've been playing around with it some more and have two further questions/requests.

1. Is it possible to see sub-folders and contents of sub-folders within the Extras list view? So for example, if i had:

Extras\Extra 1.mkv
Extras\DVD Extras\DVD Extra 1.mkv

Extra1.mkv will appear as an Extra in the extras view in XBMC, but the sub folder (DVD Extras), and all of its contents (DVD Extra1.mkv) are ignored and do not appear. I'm sure this is by design, but it would be great if sub-folders were supported. Its not a huge problem, only a minor thing i noticed. Not sure how difficult this would be to implement.

2. Is there any simple way, for a non programmer/designer, to modify the stock Confluence theme so that TV Shows and Movies with "Extras" are identifiable simply by viewing/scrolling through the video library? So like a small tag next the movie name saying Extras or some other visual indicator. You mention it may be possible in the VideoExtras wiki and offer up code to prospective theme designers. Is it possible to implement this feature quickly and easily to the stock Confluence theme with simple code that you could provide or would it require additional scripting / an additional plugin?

Thanks again for all your support.
Rob, just an update to say Xperience1080++ now supports both the hook view and detailed views. Thanks again
(2013-12-06, 16:14)invision Wrote: 1. Is it possible to see sub-folders and contents of sub-folders within the Extras list view? So for example, if i had:

Extras\Extra 1.mkv
Extras\DVD Extras\DVD Extra 1.mkv

Extra1.mkv will appear as an Extra in the extras view in XBMC, but the sub folder (DVD Extras), and all of its contents (DVD Extra1.mkv) are ignored and do not appear. I'm sure this is by design, but it would be great if sub-folders were supported. Its not a huge problem, only a minor thing i noticed. Not sure how difficult this would be to implement.

There is a recurse into sub-folders option in the settings, but the folder containing the extras you want adding must be called "Extras". (Or whatever you have it named in the settings).

(2013-12-06, 16:14)invision Wrote: 2. Is there any simple way, for a non programmer/designer, to modify the stock Confluence theme so that TV Shows and Movies with "Extras" are identifiable simply by viewing/scrolling through the video library? So like a small tag next the movie name saying Extras or some other visual indicator. You mention it may be possible in the VideoExtras wiki and offer up code to prospective theme designers. Is it possible to implement this feature quickly and easily to the stock Confluence theme with simple code that you could provide or would it require additional scripting / an additional plugin?

In theory, yes it is possible, and I have made available the api to call on VideoExtras to enable this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Feature.29

But I found editting skins a real pain!!

Rob
(2013-12-06, 16:22)im85288 Wrote: Rob, just an update to say Xperience1080++ now supports both the hook view and detailed views. Thanks again

Thanks - I have added the Skin to the lists.

If you fancied messing about with an Extras overlay (which several people seem to be wanting from a skin, there should ba an api that will enable you to do this:

Cross Post bit: Just wondered if you support TvTunes for your skin?
(2013-12-06, 16:37)rob_webset Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 16:22)im85288 Wrote: Rob, just an update to say Xperience1080++ now supports both the hook view and detailed views. Thanks again

Thanks - I have added the Skin to the lists.

If you fancied messing about with an Extras overlay (which several people seem to be wanting from a skin, there should ba an api that will enable you to do this:

Cross Post bit: Just wondered if you support TvTunes for your skin?

I did use the extra functionality to check if an item had extras and only then is the Extras button visible..this way seemed a lot simpler than adjusting all the views etc.

And yes support for your tvtunes (including movies) is also included In the skin
(2013-12-06, 17:10)im85288 Wrote: I did use the extra functionality to check if an item had extras and only then is the Extras button visible..this way seemed a lot simpler than adjusting all the views etc.

I was actually referring to the ability to show on the Move/TV List screen if there are any extras (without going into the Information Screen to see if there are any) - no-one has implemented this yet for any skin yet Big Grin

(2013-12-06, 17:10)im85288 Wrote: And yes support for your tvtunes (including movies) is also included In the skin

Added the skin to the list of supported skins for TvTunes.

Thanks

Rob
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2