• 8(current)
New box: G-box midnight mx2
(2013-12-07, 07:29)ilovemymac Wrote: If your gonna get a box get a quad core. No sense in going backwords. I don't get why people want a single or dual core android with so many quad core boxes out there.

Its not about xxxxx cores....

Dual core is sufficient... The Quality of the firmware matters...
Well i sell the OUYA, the CX919 and the MK802 IV. ALl run xbmc quite well. The mk 802IV and CX919 work even better when you run the finless rom on them. I run XBMC on all 3 no studder on 1080P movies even with full DTS or DD5.1 sound. There are a few boxes that do well too but i have not tested them as much as these 3. PLus with the ouya you can play retro games. But if thats not for you then one of the others is great. The cx919 has a external wifi antenna and is rated at the top for wifi speed and performance.
(2013-12-07, 08:51)ilovemymac Wrote: Well i sell the OUYA, the CX919 and the MK802 IV. ALl run xbmc quite well. The mk 802IV and CX919 work even better when you run the finless rom on them. I run XBMC on all 3 no studder on 1080P movies even with full DTS or DD5.1 sound. There are a few boxes that do well too but i have not tested them as much as these 3. PLus with the ouya you can play retro games. But if thats not for you then one of the others is great. The cx919 has a external wifi antenna and is rated at the top for wifi speed and performance.

Well, sounds to me that you do have some problems... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177825
Yea I fixed those just needed the finless rom on them. They work great now and very smooth on 1080p. That and I installed a different version of Xbmc. And once full Gotham comes out and it's not night lies that will solve many issues too in the hardware acceleration
Hi-

Kinda new to the PC Stick/Mini Media Box market.

I am looking for something that is stable and dependable and can stream 720P video min. over wireless-N from about 30ft (through wall around corner for router). It's for a bedroom TV for netflix, Hulu, network media playing, etc.

I tried a Minix G4 android JB stick and the thing was useless where wifi signal strength was concerned.

For those with experience with this G-Box MX2 unit, will this suffice for the wireless needs I state above?

I see there are a lot of bad android sticks out there where wireless is concerned, so would like some honest feedback on the MX2.

Thanks in advance.

-KT
(2013-12-09, 19:33)kingtidge Wrote: Hi-

I am looking for something that is stable and dependable and can stream 720P video min. over wireless-N from about 30ft (through wall around corner for router). It's for a bedroom TV for netflix, Hulu, network media playing, etc.

I tried a Minix G4 android JB stick and the thing was useless where wifi signal strength was concerned.

For those with experience with this G-Box MX2 unit, will this suffice for the wireless needs I state above?

I see there are a lot of bad android sticks out there where wireless is concerned, so would like some honest feedback on the MX2.

Thanks in advance.

-KT

From my experience, G-box MX2 is great on streaming HD contents. 720P on wifi will be ok, I tried both 1080P/ 720P on wifi with no problem at all, only a little buffering prior to start the stream, then it goes flawlessly. From cnx-software review, they concluded that,
Quote:Wi-Fi performance – 40% to 100% performance improvement over the competition
and also
Quote:I’m not sure what they have done with Wi-Fi, but they have done it right, and made all other mini PCs and STBs look like junk when it comes to Wi-Fi performance.
(2013-06-07, 21:23)CMitch Wrote: Thats unfortunate as I was about to get hold of one of these boxes primarily for XBMC.

Can anyone recommend a nice set top box with XBMC pre-installed so it boots directly to XBMC? I wsa thinking about Ouya since the price is right and XBMC has been mentioned but not sure if it will boot directly to XBMC.

Cheers,
Mitch.

any android box with a recent monthly build of gotham will work fine
I bought a cyclone x2 to install a linux xbmc build but now I dont think ill bother as the android one works fine
Gonna Download a bootmanager from play store (ie startupmanager) and choose xbmc for the direct boot. (still have android OS available if you wanna exit xbmc and use it)

With respect to Ouya, I just acquired one and theres an app in their called boot where you set it to boot direct to xbmc - working fine
(2013-12-10, 10:14)kim1406 Wrote: From my experience, G-box MX2 is great on streaming HD contents. 720P on wifi will be ok, I tried both 1080P/ 720P on wifi with no problem at all, only a little buffering prior to start the stream, then it goes flawlessly. From cnx-software review, they concluded that,
Quote:Wi-Fi performance – 40% to 100% performance improvement over the competition
and also
Quote:I’m not sure what they have done with Wi-Fi, but they have done it right, and made all other mini PCs and STBs look like junk when it comes to Wi-Fi performance.

I'd just like to point out that after a firmware update to my router, the Wi-Fi performance changed quite a bit..
Mx 2 bad cheap hardware. And the midnight was basically a crappy clone of a pivos.

Ouya works fine, cx919 the atv1200 is another good box.

(2013-12-09, 19:33)kingtidge Wrote: Hi-

Thanks in advance.

-KT

The cx919 has great wifi because if the external antenna and so does the mk908ii however my only issue with the rockchip devices is they tend to not give excellent performance till you flash the rom.
OK so I have read all i can read about G-box.
I really want one!
Can I please get some recommendation on where i should get a system at!

www.thegboxshop.com
Is this a good company to order one from anyone?

Spam.

You know it is. Smile
BULL $hit

real question

Looking for some input!

Thanks all
The box is junk

real answer

don't waste your money or advertising....which ever.
Cool i have messed with the apple tv i guess I will go with that one!
I have a clone MX2 and a legit Gbox MX2. Opened both. Same exact HW inside.

I personally like it for netflix/xbmc. I would at this time not purchase another Gbox legit because they release a new XBMC for 1.1.6 that the generic PIVOS/XIOS versions won't work on but I couldn't get official source code for.

Along with reading about matricom, if the clones are same hardware why pay more for a gbox?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New box: G-box midnight mx22