• 9(current)
Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org
non coder here. i worked it out right away, but definitely saw the ! as a bit odd, considering i already knew the broad strokes of what was going on. i was relieved after it was mentioned here, feeling a small bit less than a complete luddite.
To be fair, the very first time I saw someone use "!=" I was totally lost on what they meant, and they were also using it out of a programming context. I had forgotten about that until it was brought up here :)
<off topic>

If you think ! is odd... well, my wife still doesn't understand it when I use Boolean notation on the shopping list... can't see the problem myself...

</off topic>
Definitely makes more sense than <>
lol
Not sure who to contact or where to share this, but I wanted to let you all know the following:

Dear XBMC,

Many of you now know me as umOuch, one of the founders of xbmchub.com. Today i am here to share an important bit of personal news with all of you:

The HUB has been one of the most amazing and enjoyable experiences I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with, in my entire life. I have been blessed to watch as this community gave a home to developers who in-turn helped to cultivate new talent, new tools, as well as new add-ons. This community has brought forth artists, helpers, guides, videos and so much more… all with the sole intention of making XBMC the best it could be (from our point of view). For all the things that have come from The HUB that bring me great joy and pride… one thing has come from this project that, frankly, I regret.

October 2013 marks a month in The HUB's history that will forever cast a shadow on my time here… when one of my trusted developers decided to use our tools, delivery systems, and users to SPAM the entire XBMC community. It will be my everlasting shame that I gave room, faith, and trust to this developer within our family (and therefore into your homes). Quite simply, in my day-to-day life, I had never been placed in a position to make decisions on who was worthy of trust in regards to individuals who were in other time zones, countries, or even continents. It was this ignorance, and lack of experience, that landed me in the position of thinking I could trust this dev, and his cohorts.

The trouble here is that, since the day I invited these devs to depart from XBMCHUB.COM, I have found my real life turned upside down in means of abusive actions taken towards my:

• Our Site
• Personal/Professional Facebook
• Personal/Professional Twitter
• Personal/Professional G+
• Personal/Professional YouTube
• XBMC.org account
• xbmchub.com account
• Personal Email
• Professional Email
• Personal, and Real, Business
• Strange phone calls at all hours
• Even the social media accounts of family and friends unrelated to XBMC

This i not to assume all blame on any one person or dev, but to explain the turbulent nature of my life in the past months. The problem is that when we created XBMCHUB.COM I saw no need to hide who I was from the world. At the time, I was very proud of what I was doing and the people I was doing it for/with. I felt no need to conceal my identity, to mask myself, to protect those I loved. Sadly, my identity has now become a weapon for those who wish to hurt me and my family. It is these, and many other, real world troubles/abuses that have begun to distress my family (wife and son) in a very real way.

I never imagined a day where I would need to walk away form this project/community or ESPECIALLY XBMC as a whole, but when the process of managing a forum (or online community) begins to create stress for my loved ones and/or begins to negatively effecting my ‘actual income’ with my ‘real job’… I am forced to make tough decisions. It is with a heavy heart that I am forced to walk away from XBMCHUB.COM and XBMC.ORG. The big change, the only real change, will be that you will not see me on the forums, social media, or anywhere else for that matter. I am completely leaving XBMCHUB.COM and XBMC as a whole, for the sake of my family. I will be uninvolved in any manner with future details, plans, the domain, its community, or its future.

The good news; I feel that I have done what I set out to do… and that makes this news at least a bit sweeter.
I am truly sorry that your family got dragged into it, but knowing who you have to deal with I cant say I am surprised.

I should be saying "I told you so", entire hub user base wanted to crucify me because of the same guy that now is causing all this drama... and I was a bad guy then.

I hope all gets sorted out
(2013-12-10, 18:02)amet Wrote: I am truly sorry that your family got dragged into it, but knowing who you have to deal with I cant say I am surprised.

I should be saying "I told you so", entire hub user base wanted to crucify me because of the same guy that now is causing all this drama... and I was a bad guy then.

I hope all gets sorted out

You are so very right... on ALL ACCOUNTS. I am sorry for my ignorance in all of this. Also, thank you for responding with the kind words. It makes me feel human again.

P.S. who do I contact with questions regarding my account?
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
(2013-12-10, 18:10)Abrasher Wrote: ...

I can help, you have my mail
(2013-12-10, 18:13)amet Wrote:

no sir/ma'am I do not. I attempted to PM/email you from my control panel and this option seems to be turned off for me, or your account.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
You can pm also
(2013-12-10, 18:27)Abrasher Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 18:13)amet Wrote:

no sir/ma'am I do not. I attempted to PM/email you from my control panel and this option seems to be turned off for me, or your account.

YGM
So does that mean the hub will finally work with devs rather then lie and keep people away from Xbmc.
Given the content of a lot of the addons promoted there, its unlikely
(2013-12-10, 18:32)ilovemymac Wrote: So does that mean the hub will finally work with devs rather then lie and keep people away from Xbmc.

I've seen nothing where we (XBMCHUB) at all keep people away from XBMC or have lied to anyone. I find it quite insulting that you'd say such a thing at such a time. XBMCHUB as a site and community will go on. I wish I had gotten to know umOuch more before all the trouble broke loose due to the people who split off and caused him to eventually leave XBMC and related communities as a whole. What time I've been able to know him, he's been a good guy and friend to us. Sorry Amet that I never had the pleasure of knowing you, was before my time of joining the staff. With such projects as XBMC and addons for it, comes great responsibility to be respectful of one another and refrain from / hold back from doing hurtful things, which a certain dev and many co-hurts didn't understand or simply pay any mind to when the subject got brought up. That dev basically took the flaws of an open source project and community and related it to real-life matters to use what information he had to really hurt a person in a cruel heartless manner... not just by words over the internet but in a huge personal way.

Thus, I have no plans to ever let them be advertised for on XBMCHub's IRC that I help moderate. XBMC (xbmc.org) and the android and other locations / groups have been pointed to on numerous occasions and I for one among others gladly point people to xbmc.org's forum, irc chat channel #XBMC on chat.freenode.net, syntax pages, and so on. So your point of keeping people away from XBMC is a blatant load of BS. We're just one of the number of fan groups in the community that help provide additional things to the overall community. Rather some like the content (openly) or not is up to them, as with anything and anywhere. I love XBMCHUB as a place to be apart of, I love XBMC as an open-source software, and I respect XBMC.org and enjoy being a user here as well. I think people just need to get over themselves and being all hateful, seeing one another as competition or such instead of as fellow members of a sizable community. Just cause someone releases something they enjoy using and want to allow others to enjoy it as well, doesn't mean anyone needs to trash on them just cause its from another site, unless its actually doing something harmful or prevents a user from doing usual things. Learn to share in the love and some Hub-Hugs. Try having a real Hug-a-thon.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org3