Cannot record due to restrictions
(2013-12-13, 15:37)Jelly bean Wrote: MP crashing system is odd it is very stable. I've been using it for over a year. This sounds like a hardware issue. You're not using a cheap kworld tuner are you?

So far I have not had any issues with it other then MP not being able to finish a scan- its a new system, not much on it. AMD FM2 A10-6800, Nvidia 640, MSI A85 mobo, SATA 6gb drives in RAID 5 for the storage, 3 Hauppauge 2250's, 800w power supply, case is open - its not hot.

I have been using it all day with BTV, I had it recording 5 analog channels (basic cable) and 1 HD channel from the set top box at the same time for 4 hours, while watching a movie - no issues.
Sounds like a good system but I'm not sure about running 3 tuners. MP was probably trying to scan all three tuners simultaneously.
(2013-12-13, 15:59)Jelly bean Wrote: Sounds like a good system but I'm not sure about running 3 tuners. MP was probably trying to scan all three tuners simultaneously.

It was actually just scanning one input on one tuner, you have to select which one will scan. I tried a different card the 2nd time with same result.

Also 16gb ram, win 7 x64
I still think media portal would be your best solution for seamless integration with xbmc but I'm running out of ideas. You could try disabling all but 1 of the tuners in hardware manager and try configuring them one at a time with tv server. Your system sounds stable and I know the tuner is compatible with media portal I have almost the same setup except running just using just 1 tuner. You might try to checking in the media portal wiki page for info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot record due to restrictions0