• 3(current)
Android client
(2013-12-28, 11:28)T800 Wrote: I only recently just set up WMC as PVR when I re-installed my HTPC, I was using NextPVR. Just to get it working was a pleasure. I haven't got it set up fully yet since hitting xmas.

The Nexus 4 played any channel I tried without an issue but didn't like a channel change during playback.
I currently don't have any HD channels to try.

Trying a recored show crashed it like it did on the Nexus 7.

If I get chance I will dig out the logs and upload. Can't promise anything though sorry.

I hope you can get back to it. I am especially interested in getting the server log for the channel change problem. Also, if live tv is working (mostly) but recorded tv is not, try turning on 'remux all recordings' in the 'debug' tab of serverwmc (you will need to restart the xbmc client after making the change).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-12-28, 08:47)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 05:15)clientxero Wrote: My bad, I should have caught that.

http://pastebin.com/Mn3yD9QX
This is the error from your log

19:39:15 T:1553993744 ERROR: Unable to load /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so, reason: dlopen failed: couldn't map "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so" segment 2: Operation not permitted 19:39:15

Not sure what it means, could there be a permission problem? Seems unlikely if it's a freshly installed nightly. What device is it out of interest?

Not sure what permission issue it would be. Its a rooted HTC Resound running a cyanogen mod rom. I know it is not a network issue. Its wide open, no password protected sharing. Entire drive is shared, xbmc plays everything else perfectly. As for the device itself, there isn't anything that would be stopping it from loading.
Are you running Frodo or Gotham (v12.x or v13) ? Did you manually install or use "install from zip" within XBMC ?
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-12-28, 20:29)Dilligaf Wrote: Are you running Frodo or Gotham (v12.x or v13) ? Did you manually install or use "install from zip" within XBMC ?

(2013-12-28, 03:37)clientxero Wrote: I get an 'unknown error' as soon as I hit enable. I installed from zip and by hand. I looked for a log, but can not find one. Android is 4.3.1 running cyanogen mod ROM. Running latest xbmc nightly from 12/27.

(2013-12-28, 20:24)clientxero Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 08:47)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 05:15)clientxero Wrote: My bad, I should have caught that.

http://pastebin.com/Mn3yD9QX
This is the error from your log

19:39:15 T:1553993744 ERROR: Unable to load /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so, reason: dlopen failed: couldn't map "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so" segment 2: Operation not permitted 19:39:15

Not sure what it means, could there be a permission problem? Seems unlikely if it's a freshly installed nightly. What device is it out of interest?

Not sure what permission issue it would be. Its a rooted HTC Resound running a cyanogen mod rom. I know it is not a network issue. Its wide open, no password protected sharing. Entire drive is shared, xbmc plays everything else perfectly. As for the device itself, there isn't anything that would be stopping it from loading.
Try deleting what was installed manually then install from zip in XBMC, if it' a permission problem then this may take care of it.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
The only reason I said could it be permission, is the error message "operation not permitted"
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2013-12-28, 18:54)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 11:28)T800 Wrote: I only recently just set up WMC as PVR when I re-installed my HTPC, I was using NextPVR. Just to get it working was a pleasure. I haven't got it set up fully yet since hitting xmas.

The Nexus 4 played any channel I tried without an issue but didn't like a channel change during playback.
I currently don't have any HD channels to try.

Trying a recored show crashed it like it did on the Nexus 7.

If I get chance I will dig out the logs and upload. Can't promise anything though sorry.

I hope you can get back to it. I am especially interested in getting the server log for the channel change problem. Also, if live tv is working (mostly) but recorded tv is not, try turning on 'remux all recordings' in the 'debug' tab of serverwmc (you will need to restart the xbmc client after making the change).

I tried the remux all recordings and the Nexus 4 played them fine.

Here is the log for the Nexus 7. I let it start, load PVR channels then try to play the first one and it crashes:
http://pastebin.com/ixiFbCX9

Here is the log for Nexus 4. Starts up, loads PVR channels, start playing channel 1, then using the GUI up channel button, go to channel 2. XBMC doesn't crash but PVR gives a notification warning and playback stops:
http://pastebin.com/1t2c48B9
(2013-12-29, 03:04)T800 Wrote: I tried the remux all recordings and the Nexus 4 played them fine.

Here is the log for the Nexus 7. I let it start, load PVR channels then try to play the first one and it crashes:
http://pastebin.com/ixiFbCX9

Here is the log for Nexus 4. Starts up, loads PVR channels, start playing channel 1, then using the GUI up channel button, go to channel 2. XBMC doesn't crash but PVR gives a notification warning and playback stops:
http://pastebin.com/1t2c48B9

Hate to do this to you, but its the server log I want. Go to Serverwmc 'debug' tab and get the server log.
(2013-12-28, 23:59)scarecrow420 Wrote: The only reason I said could it be permission, is the error message "operation not permitted"

Yeah, I can take that the same way as well. However, there is not anything that would be causing a permissions issue. Im new to WMCServer with XBMC, but am quite familiar with android, and there is no setting or service present on the device that would cause it to not be permitted. Obviously there is something causing an issue, just not sure what.

Please clarify how the android client works. Currently, if I disable live tv in xbmc, the client will enable without the error. Once I go to enable live tv, the error occurs. If live tv is enabled. and I go to enable client, error occurs. It seems that the client does not truly enable until live tv and the client are enabled and the client attempts to make a call to the server. Does it make a call as soon as it is enabled regardless of live tv being enabled or not?
(2013-12-29, 09:08)clientxero Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 23:59)scarecrow420 Wrote: The only reason I said could it be permission, is the error message "operation not permitted"

Yeah, I can take that the same way as well. However, there is not anything that would be causing a permissions issue. Im new to WMCServer with XBMC, but am quite familiar with android, and there is no setting or service present on the device that would cause it to not be permitted. Obviously there is something causing an issue, just not sure what.

Please clarify how the android client works. Currently, if I disable live tv in xbmc, the client will enable without the error. Once I go to enable live tv, the error occurs. If live tv is enabled. and I go to enable client, error occurs. It seems that the client does not truly enable until live tv and the client are enabled and the client attempts to make a call to the server. Does it make a call as soon as it is enabled regardless of live tv being enabled or not?
Yes it seems that it is only when the addon is enabled AND live TV is enabled, that the addon is actually instantiated and calls are made etc (fwiw this isnt anything to do with our addon or android specifically, this is just the way xbmc and pvr addons work). Im not sure what to say though, since it's working OK on my HTC One (running a stock/official 4.3 ROM). The error on yours is immediately when the addon library (.so file) is attempted to be loaded by XBMC so it's a very early/critical issue... eg it's not like a particular call doesnt work or whatnot, it completely cant load the library with an immediate error of "operation not permitted". I guess one thing you could try is enabling any of the other built in pvr clients and seeing if they initialise OK. Even if you dont have their backend for them to talk to, the addon should initialise then fail to connect (probably still disable itself at this point) but the logs would show a different error to "operation not permitted" if that is the case. That would be my suggestion if you want to try and troubleshoot further.

Actually just googling that error finds heaps of people with file permission issues, trying to mount/remount file systems on android, having issues with root/su etc. My experiences with linux have often been that eventhough you didnt think anything was wrong it can sometimes be weird ownership/permissions at play. sometimes you can cause issues by doing some earlier/previous commands as root, the files it creates under that sudo/su are then not able to be touched by "normal" users later and so on... Double check where the addons are being installed to, check the ownership and file permissions etc. Do you have an sdcard or is it all phone storage? Do you have any modifications like app2sd etc? Even if you didnt put anything on, it could be possible that the ROM you have did. You could also try manually unzipping the required files into the correct place, and then check/set the ownership and permissions, and/or do the whole thing under root priveledges with an adb shell or whatever. Bit of a sledge hammer approach but it is worthwhile trying...

I can also report that although live streams work for me, the recordings start to play but then crash XBMC in less than a second. Remuxing recordings to TS works OK (as you'd expect since live TV is in TS format and works OK). So to me this indicates that XBMC android is having problems playing WTV files. I further confirmed this by adding my recorded TV share as a normal source in "Videos" and attempting to watch WTV files from there. Same behaviour (XBMC crashes).

Oh and finally, in other news, it actually wasn't too hard to setup a Frodo android build environment so I have built a FRODO addon for android arm architecture available at the same link as before, until Krusty adds it to his download page:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I have tested this on my HTC One, with the just released Frodo 12.3 official android release from http://xbmc.org/download
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Tried this out on two Android devices running Gotham:

HTC One (running ARHD ROM): Works great with HD TV streams, both 720 and 1080! I guess that remuxing makes all the difference because I don't think I was able to get the UPnP streams to work this well when connecting directly to the HDHomerun device. Nice work!

Nook HD (running CM ROM): It can't quite keep up with the 1080 streams, but it seems to handle the 720 streams pretty well. With the 1080 streams, there's an occasional stutter, which isn't terrible by itself, but it seems that the video starts falling behind the audio and they get terribly out of sync. Unfortunately for me the vast majority of TV content is 1080, so I'm not sure I'll be able to run this on the Nook without some kind of transcoding solution.
Yes, it seems like whatever the player is in android it doesn't like wtv files, we saw something similar with large wtv files in rpi.

Techlife, this is probably wiki worthy, I am assuming it will be the same when we are officially released into xbmc.

Scarecrow, ideally we should only be remuxing wtv files if the client is android (then the user won't be forced to remux in all cases). If you send the os type to the server like we do for windows, we could change the server to remux only when necessary. This will work fine for your android builds, not sure about the official one. Any ideas?

Awp,
Thanks for the info. Another solution for tanscoding is in the works.
(2013-12-29, 12:41)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 09:08)clientxero Wrote:

Yes it seems that it is only when the addon is enabled AND live TV is enabled, that the addon is actually instantiated and calls are made etc (fwiw this isnt anything to do with our addon or android specifically, this is just the way xbmc and pvr addons work). Im not sure what to say though, since it's working OK on my HTC One (running a stock/official 4.3 ROM). The error on yours is immediately when the addon library (.so file) is attempted to be loaded by XBMC so it's a very early/critical issue... eg it's not like a particular call doesnt work or whatnot, it completely cant load the library with an immediate error of "operation not permitted". I guess one thing you could try is enabling any of the other built in pvr clients and seeing if they initialise OK. Even if you dont have their backend for them to talk to, the addon should initialise then fail to connect (probably still disable itself at this point) but the logs would show a different error to "operation not permitted" if that is the case. That would be my suggestion if you want to try and troubleshoot further.

Actually just googling that error finds heaps of people with file permission issues, trying to mount/remount file systems on android, having issues with root/su etc. My experiences with linux have often been that eventhough you didnt think anything was wrong it can sometimes be weird ownership/permissions at play. sometimes you can cause issues by doing some earlier/previous commands as root, the files it creates under that sudo/su are then not able to be touched by "normal" users later and so on... Double check where the addons are being installed to, check the ownership and file permissions etc. Do you have an sdcard or is it all phone storage? Do you have any modifications like app2sd etc? Even if you didnt put anything on, it could be possible that the ROM you have did. You could also try manually unzipping the required files into the correct place, and then check/set the ownership and permissions, and/or do the whole thing under root priveledges with an adb shell or whatever. Bit of a sledge hammer approach but it is worthwhile trying...

I can also report that although live streams work for me, the recordings start to play but then crash XBMC in less than a second. Remuxing recordings to TS works OK (as you'd expect since live TV is in TS format and works OK). So to me this indicates that XBMC android is having problems playing WTV files. I further confirmed this by adding my recorded TV share as a normal source in "Videos" and attempting to watch WTV files from there. Same behaviour (XBMC crashes).

Oh and finally, in other news, it actually wasn't too hard to setup a Frodo android build environment so I have built a FRODO addon for android arm architecture available at the same link as before, until Krusty adds it to his download page:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I have tested this on my HTC One, with the just released Frodo 12.3 official android release from http://xbmc.org/download

Thanks, this was very helpful. I do have internal storage and a SD card, no apps2sd. I am thinking it is the way the ROM handles the SD card vs internal storage. I know others with this device have had issues in this way with other apps before. I may try a different ROM, but maybe not. Interestingly enough, I tried the media portal add on and it enabled without issues. So that's what is leading me to believe it is the way it is running from the internal storage.

I will likely not be able to quit thinking about it to get it working, you know how that goes. So I may continue to mess and will report my findings if I get anything going.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Little bit of time to play this morning, Frodo plug-in enables fine on Moto Droid phone but getting XBMC error msg flash in lower corner, "connection lost" which I'm guessing means it can't see WMC. Other than the check box in WMC for non-windows clients and enter the IP address of the ServerWMC box in the pvr.wmc plug-in, what needs to be setup or configured in WMC and or Android device? Almost there...
(2013-12-29, 22:34)mr3p Wrote: Little bit of time to play this morning, Frodo plug-in enables fine on Moto Droid phone but getting XBMC error msg flash in lower corner, "connection lost" which I'm guessing means it can't see WMC. Other than the check box in WMC for non-windows clients and enter the IP address of the ServerWMC box in the pvr.wmc plug-in, what needs to be setup or configured in WMC and or Android device? Almost there...

If it is never connecting to serverwmc, maybe the port is blocked, you could try changing the port number on both server and client. Have you connected to serverwmc with other clients?

Scarecrow's frodo build for android is up on the download page.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android client1