• 7(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)
Can this be used as the browser in Netflixbmc?
(2013-12-29, 17:37)wickchucker Wrote: Can this be used as the browser in Netflixbmc?
In the first version, it was used by default. But i removed support for it because i added general hotkey/mouse control with the NetfliXBMC Utility.
There was also some small problem with the netflix silverlight player...
Hello,
I've modified the XBMC_WebBrowser for my own issues and created a fork in GitHub for this. I only modified the C# application.

New features:
- design like in Confluence
- scrolling in menus is possible
- bookmarks/shortcuts could be created and deleted inside the menu
- addressbar
- keyboardlayout could be changed
- some more object orientated code
- usage of an additional config file

GitHub: https://github.com/billy-boy/XBMC_WebBrowser
Binary only: http://www.file-upload.net/download-8500...r.zip.html
[edited]Userdata files (for keyboardLayout): http://www.file-upload.net/download-8504...a.zip.html

Possible someone likes/use it or the origin project could use it. I've also posted this stuff inside the german forum.
Hi,

Great addon but have a few issues;

- Is there a button that is defined for "back"? Looking through the posts it seems backspace is meant to do this but doesnt seem to work for me and theres no option to map "back"
- Sometimes it just decides mouse click does not suffice for clicking on a link on a page so I have to push enter?
- The mouse pointer sometimes disappears so have to close the browser and start again

I hope these are fixable things and dont just affect me strangley but if your aware of these issues and have a solution it would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks,
Rob
Hello great addon is there any to make the video in fullscreen. I am trying to watch disneyjr. It opens up in full screen which is good but then i have to click on the flash player to go into full screen. Is there anyway to make the flash player also go into full screen.

Thanks
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2014-01-10, 04:22)billy-boy Wrote: Hello,
I've modified the XBMC_WebBrowser for my own issues and created a fork in GitHub for this. I only modified the C# application.
Possible someone likes/use it or the origin project could use it. I've also posted this stuff inside the german forum.
Nice. Smile I was always too lacy to improve the optics. Maybe i'll integrate the confluence style menu.

(2014-01-16, 00:26)wagnumpi Wrote: - Is there a button that is defined for "back"? Looking through the posts it seems backspace is meant to do this but doesnt seem to work for me and theres no option to map "back"
Should work via backspace. But i can also make it mappable.

(2014-01-16, 00:26)wagnumpi Wrote: - Sometimes it just decides mouse click does not suffice for clicking on a link on a page so I have to push enter?
- The mouse pointer sometimes disappears so have to close the browser and start again
Mmm, not noticed that. But i'll have a look at it.

(2014-01-25, 16:09)hunkyn Wrote: Hello great addon is there any to make the video in fullscreen. I am trying to watch disneyjr. It opens up in full screen which is good but then i have to click on the flash player to go into full screen. Is there anyway to make the flash player also go into full screen.

Thanks
Sorry, it's just a browser. In most cases, you can fullscreen flash/silverlight players via 'f' or a double click. You can map the double click to a remote key...
Thanks AddonScriptorDE it is not a big issue.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Great plugin!

But I have somewhat weird problem with flash. Kind of driving me mad. I added youtube as a site and I am only able to view flash videos the first time loading the website with your plugin, ever subsequent time the page loads and I see "An error occurred, please try again later" within the flash video window.

I then leave the plugin and xbmc, load up internet explorer, delete all files (temp files and caches) and the re-enter the plugin and it seems to work the first time but again all subsequent times i see that same error as above. It appears that it does not delete the flash plugin or something after the first time. I tried reinstalling no dice.

I don't have this problem with the full Internet Explorer browser.

Please any thoughts?
(2014-01-29, 18:39)joelones Wrote: Great plugin!

But I have somewhat weird problem with flash. Kind of driving me mad. I added youtube as a site and I am only able to view flash videos the first time loading the website with your plugin, ever subsequent time the page loads and I see "An error occurred, please try again later" within the flash video window.

I then leave the plugin and xbmc, load up internet explorer, delete all files (temp files and caches) and the re-enter the plugin and it seems to work the first time but again all subsequent times i see that same error as above. It appears that it does not delete the flash plugin or something after the first time. I tried reinstalling no dice.

I don't have this problem with the full Internet Explorer browser.

Please any thoughts?
Mm, strange. When i find some time i'll have a look at it.
Looks great, but is there a compiled version of this somewhere? I went to GIT HUB but there was not one there..
Thank you
Anyone?
(2013-08-27, 00:56)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 02:55)theredguy Wrote: This sounds awesome, but I'm having a hard time getting it going.

If I install the repo mentioned in the first post, nothing is in there if I try to get add-ons from it. If I install WebBrowser directly from here:

https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE/plugi...webbrowser

Then it installs fine, but if I add a site and try to launch it I get:

Script failed.

Any ideas?

Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7
As senna99 already mentioned: Use my repo and try a "Force refresh" via the context menu. It's a known xbmc bug...
The automatically created zip files on github does not have the right structure for zip installation, so they won't work.

so are you saying that I should NOT use "install from zip" when I add your repo?

I have the same problem with the empty repo. Thus far, I have force refreshed multiple times, I have removed the repo and re-added it, I have rebooted the machine, cleared the cache etc etc and I still have an empty repo.

I did just have a silly thought though .... is the download link at the bottom of the very first post still current and correct? Is there a new download that we are not seeing? Huh
I am no longer active in these forums. Replying to, or commenting on, anything I have said in these forums is a waste of your time.
This is a brilliant addon, but I am having an issue with the BBC's iPlayer website.

When I try to view a programme, I get a message stating, "You need to install Flash to play [TV Program name here]. Download the Flash player now"

Now flash is already on the PC and following the link takes me to an adobe page which successfully verifies that flash is Ok.

Now I can replicate this behaviour in my desktop copy of IE (IE 11, PC running windows 8.1) by going to the tools menu->safety->ActiveX Filtering.

So it appears that WebBrowser uses IE with ActiveX Filtering enabled. Is this the case, and is there some means of disabling it?

Many Thanks
After trying to figure out why this wasn't working and eventually quitting XBMC, I found it had been launching in the background the whole time.

It's such a silly question and I'm certain it's been asked before (can't for the life of me find the solutionWink but how do I add this to the Background apps exception in XBMC Launcher to stop focus from kicking it to the background?
Hello and thank you for all your work on this and other add-ons you've created.

I was having a horrible time with the other Netflix add-on and came across yours and after some tweaking it was working nicely until I tried to get it to work on my secondary monitor that isn't the same screen size and resolution as my primary. I've tried to find a work-around but there seems to be no way to get any screen it uses to scale right, not even the native hot-key to maximize the window to the new screen would work but the hot-key to switch it to the next screen did. I was able to fallback and use Netflix on your web-browser add-on and so far seems to be working with no problems.

With all that being said, the sound isn't playing on the right output speakers, with either add-on they only output sound on the default device. Not the one XBMC is set to which would be nice. I know this has many limitations which you have no control over as Silverlight seems to handle it but if there is a way to make it switch I'd love to find out!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)2