• 4(current)
Android client
(2013-12-29, 04:07)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 03:04)T800 Wrote: I tried the remux all recordings and the Nexus 4 played them fine.

Here is the log for the Nexus 7. I let it start, load PVR channels then try to play the first one and it crashes:
http://pastebin.com/ixiFbCX9

Here is the log for Nexus 4. Starts up, loads PVR channels, start playing channel 1, then using the GUI up channel button, go to channel 2. XBMC doesn't crash but PVR gives a notification warning and playback stops:
http://pastebin.com/1t2c48B9

Hate to do this to you, but its the server log I want. Go to Serverwmc 'debug' tab and get the server log.

Here you go, this is the channel change one:
http://pastebin.com/nvCNsRQ9
I have no problem connecting to serverwmc from win7 pc on same network so blocked port seems unlikely. I'll try disabling antivirus although I doubt that's the issue.
(2013-12-29, 21:33)clientxero Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 12:41)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 09:08)clientxero Wrote: Yeah, I can take that the same way as well. However, there is not anything that would be causing a permissions issue. Im new to WMCServer with XBMC, but am quite familiar with android, and there is no setting or service present on the device that would cause it to not be permitted. Obviously there is something causing an issue, just not sure what.

Please clarify how the android client works. Currently, if I disable live tv in xbmc, the client will enable without the error. Once I go to enable live tv, the error occurs. If live tv is enabled. and I go to enable client, error occurs. It seems that the client does not truly enable until live tv and the client are enabled and the client attempts to make a call to the server. Does it make a call as soon as it is enabled regardless of live tv being enabled or not?
Yes it seems that it is only when the addon is enabled AND live TV is enabled, that the addon is actually instantiated and calls are made etc (fwiw this isnt anything to do with our addon or android specifically, this is just the way xbmc and pvr addons work). Im not sure what to say though, since it's working OK on my HTC One (running a stock/official 4.3 ROM). The error on yours is immediately when the addon library (.so file) is attempted to be loaded by XBMC so it's a very early/critical issue... eg it's not like a particular call doesnt work or whatnot, it completely cant load the library with an immediate error of "operation not permitted". I guess one thing you could try is enabling any of the other built in pvr clients and seeing if they initialise OK. Even if you dont have their backend for them to talk to, the addon should initialise then fail to connect (probably still disable itself at this point) but the logs would show a different error to "operation not permitted" if that is the case. That would be my suggestion if you want to try and troubleshoot further.

Actually just googling that error finds heaps of people with file permission issues, trying to mount/remount file systems on android, having issues with root/su etc. My experiences with linux have often been that eventhough you didnt think anything was wrong it can sometimes be weird ownership/permissions at play. sometimes you can cause issues by doing some earlier/previous commands as root, the files it creates under that sudo/su are then not able to be touched by "normal" users later and so on... Double check where the addons are being installed to, check the ownership and file permissions etc. Do you have an sdcard or is it all phone storage? Do you have any modifications like app2sd etc? Even if you didnt put anything on, it could be possible that the ROM you have did. You could also try manually unzipping the required files into the correct place, and then check/set the ownership and permissions, and/or do the whole thing under root priveledges with an adb shell or whatever. Bit of a sledge hammer approach but it is worthwhile trying...

I can also report that although live streams work for me, the recordings start to play but then crash XBMC in less than a second. Remuxing recordings to TS works OK (as you'd expect since live TV is in TS format and works OK). So to me this indicates that XBMC android is having problems playing WTV files. I further confirmed this by adding my recorded TV share as a normal source in "Videos" and attempting to watch WTV files from there. Same behaviour (XBMC crashes).

Oh and finally, in other news, it actually wasn't too hard to setup a Frodo android build environment so I have built a FRODO addon for android arm architecture available at the same link as before, until Krusty adds it to his download page:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I have tested this on my HTC One, with the just released Frodo 12.3 official android release from http://xbmc.org/download

Thanks, this was very helpful. I do have internal storage and a SD card, no apps2sd. I am thinking it is the way the ROM handles the SD card vs internal storage. I know others with this device have had issues in this way with other apps before. I may try a different ROM, but maybe not. Interestingly enough, I tried the media portal add on and it enabled without issues. So that's what is leading me to believe it is the way it is running from the internal storage.

I will likely not be able to quit thinking about it to get it working, you know how that goes. So I may continue to mess and will report my findings if I get anything going.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Hopefully it wont be too long until the nightly builds for XBMC Gotham start including our addon which would then mean it lives in the XBMC installation dir rather than being installed by zip and living in the userdata dir. So perhaps you should just wait for that Smile Actually, if you have root, you could do this yourself... just move the pvr.wmc addon dir to the installation area yourself to see if it's any better. I think it's /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Tried installing Frodo add-on on Kindle Fire running CM rom. Unfortunately plug-in won't enable without error message. I'm going to trying different rom as it does load OK on Droid phone it may be a CM issue

With regards to connected non-windows device, in attempt to resolve xbmc "connection lost" msg, I reread the pvr.wmc faq. in the folders tab after you check box to use non-windows clients, is it necessary to type something as user and password boxes? if so, where do you enter user/pass in non-windows xbmc client?
At the risk of talking to myself...

From the android phone in XBMC I can see and playback WMC recordings in the recorded TV folder so the issue seems to something in the server.wmc/pvr.wmc configuration. I'm out of ideas Sad
(2013-12-30, 00:25)mr3p Wrote: Tried installing Frodo add-on on Kindle Fire running CM rom. Unfortunately plug-in won't enable without error message. I'm going to trying different rom as it does load OK on Droid phone it may be a CM issue

With regards to connected non-windows device, in attempt to resolve xbmc "connection lost" msg, I reread the pvr.wmc faq. in the folders tab after you check box to use non-windows clients, is it necessary to type something as user and password boxes? if so, where do you enter user/pass in non-windows xbmc client?

The login will be needed for live-tv and recording playback, but its not needed to get the socket connection which is what you are failing right now. The login info is entered in serverwmc and its gets automatically applied to non-windows clients. Is it possible port 9080 is closed on the android device?

(2013-12-29, 23:50)T800 Wrote: Here you go, this is the channel change one:

Its not reading any data at all from the channel you are trying to switch to, however this channel is:
FUN Radio/1252

is that really a tv channel?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-12-30, 01:21)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 23:50)T800 Wrote: Here you go, this is the channel change one:

Its not reading any data at all from the channel you are trying to switch to, however this channel is:
FUN Radio/1252

is that really a tv channel?

I thought I saw something like that in the notification.
It makes sense now, I have been pressing "Up" in the GUI to go from channel 1 (BBC1) to channel 2 (BBC2). It must be wrapping around, going up from channel 1 to channel 1252, the last channel in the list that is a radio station.
(2013-12-30, 01:21)krustyreturns Wrote: The login will be needed for live-tv and recording playback, but its not needed to get the socket connection which is what you are failing right now. The login info is entered in serverwmc and its gets automatically applied to non-windows clients. Is it possible port 9080 is closed on the android device?

Good thought about the port but Android device is on same router/network so if port 9080 is being forwarded to Win7 PC client on network, shouldn't it also be open for wifi connection? I'm not aware of way to configure ports in android although I didn't think I need to manually open it. I'll have to go into wireless router and check if wifi 9080 is blocked.
(2013-12-29, 23:53)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 21:33)clientxero Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 12:41)scarecrow420 Wrote: Yes it seems that it is only when the addon is enabled AND live TV is enabled, that the addon is actually instantiated and calls are made etc (fwiw this isnt anything to do with our addon or android specifically, this is just the way xbmc and pvr addons work). Im not sure what to say though, since it's working OK on my HTC One (running a stock/official 4.3 ROM). The error on yours is immediately when the addon library (.so file) is attempted to be loaded by XBMC so it's a very early/critical issue... eg it's not like a particular call doesnt work or whatnot, it completely cant load the library with an immediate error of "operation not permitted". I guess one thing you could try is enabling any of the other built in pvr clients and seeing if they initialise OK. Even if you dont have their backend for them to talk to, the addon should initialise then fail to connect (probably still disable itself at this point) but the logs would show a different error to "operation not permitted" if that is the case. That would be my suggestion if you want to try and troubleshoot further.

Actually just googling that error finds heaps of people with file permission issues, trying to mount/remount file systems on android, having issues with root/su etc. My experiences with linux have often been that eventhough you didnt think anything was wrong it can sometimes be weird ownership/permissions at play. sometimes you can cause issues by doing some earlier/previous commands as root, the files it creates under that sudo/su are then not able to be touched by "normal" users later and so on... Double check where the addons are being installed to, check the ownership and file permissions etc. Do you have an sdcard or is it all phone storage? Do you have any modifications like app2sd etc? Even if you didnt put anything on, it could be possible that the ROM you have did. You could also try manually unzipping the required files into the correct place, and then check/set the ownership and permissions, and/or do the whole thing under root priveledges with an adb shell or whatever. Bit of a sledge hammer approach but it is worthwhile trying...

I can also report that although live streams work for me, the recordings start to play but then crash XBMC in less than a second. Remuxing recordings to TS works OK (as you'd expect since live TV is in TS format and works OK). So to me this indicates that XBMC android is having problems playing WTV files. I further confirmed this by adding my recorded TV share as a normal source in "Videos" and attempting to watch WTV files from there. Same behaviour (XBMC crashes).

Oh and finally, in other news, it actually wasn't too hard to setup a Frodo android build environment so I have built a FRODO addon for android arm architecture available at the same link as before, until Krusty adds it to his download page:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I have tested this on my HTC One, with the just released Frodo 12.3 official android release from http://xbmc.org/download

Thanks, this was very helpful. I do have internal storage and a SD card, no apps2sd. I am thinking it is the way the ROM handles the SD card vs internal storage. I know others with this device have had issues in this way with other apps before. I may try a different ROM, but maybe not. Interestingly enough, I tried the media portal add on and it enabled without issues. So that's what is leading me to believe it is the way it is running from the internal storage.

I will likely not be able to quit thinking about it to get it working, you know how that goes. So I may continue to mess and will report my findings if I get anything going.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Hopefully it wont be too long until the nightly builds for XBMC Gotham start including our addon which would then mean it lives in the XBMC installation dir rather than being installed by zip and living in the userdata dir. So perhaps you should just wait for that Smile Actually, if you have root, you could do this yourself... just move the pvr.wmc addon dir to the installation area yourself to see if it's any better. I think it's /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc

Thanks, that did it. I dropped the folder in /data/data/or.xbmc.xbmc/Cache/apk/assets and it loaded the egp data as soon as I opened xbmc. I'm having the same playback issues also, which is to be expected. Thanks for having the same persistence as me!
(2013-12-30, 02:53)mr3p Wrote: Good thought about the port but Android device is on same router/network so if port 9080 is being forwarded to Win7 PC client on network, shouldn't it also be open for wifi connection? I'm not aware of way to configure ports in android although I didn't think I need to manually open it. I'll have to go into wireless router and check if wifi 9080 is blocked.

I am out of ideas. Perhaps another android user has an idea.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-12-29, 12:41)scarecrow420 Wrote: You could also try manually unzipping the required files into the correct place, and then check/set the ownership and permissions, and/or do the whole thing under root priveledges with an adb shell or whatever. Bit of a sledge hammer approach but it is worthwhile trying...

I have the same issue as clientxero

Went through the gist of these steps
  1. Installed gotham nightly (12/27)
  2. D/L Gotham wmc.pvr from Krusty's googledrive
  3. Tried install from zip
  4. Uninstalled / Reinstalled Gotham
  5. Used ES File Explorer in Root Explorer mode (supersu popup permission granted)
  6. navigated to Downloads
  7. Extracted zip to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/Addons
  8. Tried enabling again, config'd add on first then enabled live tv
  9. No dice

I'll give things a go on my Nexus 7, maybe my S4's knoxifying your add-on
(2013-12-30, 06:09)Dark_Slayer Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 12:41)scarecrow420 Wrote: You could also try manually unzipping the required files into the correct place, and then check/set the ownership and permissions, and/or do the whole thing under root priveledges with an adb shell or whatever. Bit of a sledge hammer approach but it is worthwhile trying...

5. Used ES File Explorer in Root Explorer mode (supersu popup permission granted)
  9. No dice

Drop the unzipped folder here: /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/Cache/apk/assets and remove the other one from your addons folder on the SD card.

9. No dice

As clientxero mentioned, try popping the files in the place where the builtin addons go, as there seems to be issues on some devices/ROMs with the sdcard area.

Just to get a bit more info though... what ROM are you running and are you rooted? And you are saying you had the same error, ie "operation not permitted" ?
(2013-12-30, 03:03)clientxero Wrote: Thanks, that did it. I dropped the folder in /data/data/or.xbmc.xbmc/Cache/apk/assets and it loaded the egp data as soon as I opened xbmc. I'm having the same playback issues also, which is to be expected. Thanks for having the same persistence as me!

9. No dice

What a noob, didn't read page 2

Dropping it into /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/Cache/apk/assets/Addons/ did the trick

Watching Grown-Ups on FX right now, no problems whatsoever. Power of the S4 Smile

Switched between ESPNHD, ABCHD, FXHD. Got my first buffer three minutes in (1-2 seconds then resumed). Channel changes are not quick, but nowhere near as slow as back when I first tried frodo on my Nexus 7 with NPVR. Actually pretty consistent performance. I've written this post all through the first commercial break and only had 2 buffer pauses at this point. I think those may be network issues, not sure. I've not switched over to my asus ac 66 router, but maybe that will take care of the issue even though the S4 somehow gimped the ac chipset with 1x1

Big thanks, great work all around

(2013-12-30, 06:33)scarecrow420 Wrote: Just to get a bit more info though... what ROM are you running and are you rooted? And you are saying you had the same error, ie "operation not permitted" ?

Stock Touchjiz, still no unlocked bootloader and haven't tried hashcode's safestrap beta.

4.3 rooted with Nova launcher (not that the launcher should matter)

My errors weren't not permitted but mine looked something like this (3 lines)

Add-on failed with unknown error
Can't load dll
Add-on failed with unknown error

All fixed now, no buffer pauses for more than a few minutes, David Spade just got kneed in the groin in Grown-Ups Smile

Also, AFAIK, 12.3 doesn't include Android HW decoding, so if trying this for the purpose of testing the add-on maybe Gotham would be the best bet

My cable is 720 or 1080i mpeg2 w/ ac3 in a wtv wrapper. I assume the server just remuxes those to .ts? HW decoding may help some out
Id be interested in the exact error that occured, for my own interests. It's probably on the line saying "DLOpen failed". It's pretty hard to spot the one line out of 1000 that actually gives the error that occured. If you still have the log could you see if you can find the exact error (or just upload it to pastebin and ill have a look)

Clientxero's error was this, FYI
19:39:15 T:1553993744 ERROR: Unable to load /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so, reason: dlopen failed: couldn't map "/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so" segment 2: Operation not permitted 19:39:15

I just want to know whether yours was exactly the same or some different error. Lucky you are rooted I guess since that means you can copy the files to where they work. Lots of users presumably wont have root and may be in trouble. I still think if it works in the onboard storage and not the sdcard, there may be some kind of permission/ownership thing happening on the sdcard.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android client1