<musiclibrary>
<itemseparator>/</itemseparator>
</musiclibrary>

<video>
<timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>
</video>
<audio>
<timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to 30. -->
<timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>
</audio>
<navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>
</advancedsettings>

And to answer your other questions, I do have it set to go directly into XBMC via XBMCLauncher and yes the desktop is running (windows 7 Pro).

Thank you for your response.

Ok, an update for any that may experience this issue. Within XBMCLauncher there is a setting that you need to untick (Permanently disable re-focus), as the Launcher will attempt to refocus XBMC every 10 seconds if you don't.

Props to the author of this thread to pointing me in the right direction, tyvm and what a well done plug-in.

I have the same issue on Linux (using XBMCBuntu).
I made a script as suggested launching openbox and waiting for the pids of chrome to exit but XBMC regains focus after 30 seconds (exactly the delay before collecting the pids).

Does anyone else have the same issue?
I guess the problem is your custom script. It sounds like it just finishes after the 30 seconds instead of waiting for chrome to exist.
I will try to change this whole custom script thing, so that it will be handled some other way.
As a dirty workaround, could you just start openbox in you script and leave it running? Just to make sure this is the problem...
Hi AddonScriptorDE,
I confirm that your hunch was correct: the script killed the window manager because we cannot use the 'wait' bash builtin to wait on processes not started by the current shell.
Hence I had to modify the script to run without the wait:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

WINDOW_MANAGER=openbox
BROWSER=chrome

if ! pidof $WINDOW_MANAGER;
then
    $WINDOW_MANAGER &
fi
sleep 30
while pidof $BROWSER >/dev/null;
do
    sleep 10
done
kill %1

Now I have another issue with the NetfliXBMC add-on (where I only can hear the audio but the screen is black) but that's a problem for another day Smile

Thanks for your support.

Cheers, Elisiano
(2014-01-05, 23:28)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 20:18)elisiano Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 08:34)CAJN Wrote: Ok, an update for any that may experience this issue. Within XBMCLauncher there is a setting that you need to untick (Permanently disable re-focus), as the Launcher will attempt to refocus XBMC every 10 seconds if you don't.

Props to the author of this thread to pointing me in the right direction, tyvm and what a well done plug-in.

I have the same issue on Linux (using XBMCBuntu).
I made a script as suggested launching openbox and waiting for the pids of chrome to exit but XBMC regains focus after 30 seconds (exactly the delay before collecting the pids).

Does anyone else have the same issue?
I guess the problem is your custom script. It sounds like it just finishes after the 30 seconds instead of waiting for chrome to exist.
I will try to change this whole custom script thing, so that it will be handled some other way.
As a dirty workaround, could you just start openbox in you script and leave it running? Just to make sure this is the problem...

funny, that script works perfectly in on mine. i may have decreased the wait and risked the race condition a bit more. regardless, perhaps yo uaren;t getting the correct PID to pass to wait? if you're using chrome instead of chromium or vice-versa in the script, (or a typo, etc) you'll run wait with no PID and it will just move onto the next command, and kill openbox.

one thing yo might want to do is try echoing the PIDS PIDOF is getting to a file to verify you are getting the numbers you need.

regardless; passing the chromium launch command in quotes as a variable to the custom script would make things so much easier; one could setup and tear down things like remote control configs, window manager, etc very easily.
Hi rob,
the pids are correct (I tried interactively).
I didn't look at the code so I don't know how the script is executed before launching chrome but the bottom line is that you cannot use 'wait' on a script to wait for pids not started from the same script. If you try from a shell, you'll get:
Code:
-bash: wait: pid XXXX is not a child of this shell

With the modification that I made (see above) it works for me.
(2014-01-07, 12:16)elisiano Wrote: Hi rob,
the pids are correct (I tried interactively).
I didn't look at the code so I don't know how the script is executed before launching chrome but the bottom line is that you cannot use 'wait' on a script to wait for pids not started from the same script. If you try from a shell, you'll get:
Code:
-bash: wait: pid XXXX is not a child of this shell

With the modification that I made (see above) it works for me.

true. i get the same. now, to figure out why mine is working......
allright; i looked at this again and i think this is what we want:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser $*
kill 1%

point chrome launcher at this instead of chrome or chromium's executable, change the chromium-browser to whatever or whereever your chrome / chromium executable is, and it should all drop into place. the $* means every parameter passed to the script on the command line, so pass every command line parameter that the script was passed on to chromium.

add things after the "openbox &" line you need to run before chrome, ( like a remote control mapper) but remember to add a "kill 2%" if you also want that to exit after chrome.
(2014-01-08, 06:38)rob hodge Wrote: allright; i looked at this again and i think this is what we want:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser $*
kill 1%

point chrome launcher at this instead of chrome or chromium's executable, change the chromium-browser to whatever or whereever your chrome / chromium executable is, and it should all drop into place. the $* means every parameter passed to the script on the command line, so pass every command line parameter that the script was passed on to chromium.

add things after the "openbox &" line you need to run before chrome, ( like a remote control mapper) but remember to add a "kill 2%" if you also want that to exit after chrome.

Hi rob,
I did not test it but I believe that if you open a browser also in the pre-launch script you will end up with 2 tabs: one opened by the script and one opened by the extension.
Apologies for a "newbie" question, but I've recently bought "The Little Black Box" as my introduction to XBMC and am very pleased with it. I've managed to install many "repos" and "addons" and also installed and configured "NetFliXBMC" and "Chrome" but it seems Chrome will not launch, no errors, no windows. I believe TLBB is a Linux install of XBMC although I'm not entirely sure, and if it is, it would seem I need to install Pipelight. However, the Pipelight instructions are command lines so I've no idea how I can install Pipelight onto TLBB.

Has anyone else managed to do this and able to help?

I notice from trawling the forum that TLBB is not exactly popular with experienced XBMC users and not sure if it's because it's a newish product or just not that good. I went for this because it came with and works with a fully working remote.

Thanks in advance
Did you try ADVANCED LAUNCHER instead?
(2014-01-08, 10:48)elisiano Wrote: Hi rob,
I did not test it but I believe that if you open a browser also in the pre-launch script you will end up with 2 tabs: one opened by the script and one opened by the extension.

This isn't a pre-laucnch script. it's a run-instead-of-chrome-script. you tell chrome launcher that this is chrome's executable, and this script runs chrome, wrapped in the commands you need to establish the environment it can live in. .
Sad 
Installed but I just get "chrome not found" when I try to run the vimeo or youtube links.
Thanks for the great work on the add-on!
Things are kind of working for me but I'm having some issues with Chrome going full-screen. Running Win7 (64-bit) and when Chrome opens up, the taskbar is still visible. I can click the "fullscreen" button on the video and that takes care of things, but then I can't use Ctrl+W to close the window. I can use Alt+F4 to close the window but I have to do it twice - once to get the video out of fullscreen and again to close the window. This happens in both the Amazon Video and NetfliXBMC add-ons. Any ideas?
Small feature request: could you add the option to specify a user-agent for a given url and/or a custom parameters option? Ideally, we could have the following two options:
  • Use a pre-defined Windows user-agent string instead of system default (the same one you use for NetfliXBMC would be great)
  • Use custom parameters instead of Chrome Launcher defaults (covers all other options)

This could cover scenarios like Netflix where they sniff for OS or other information, or whatever we might need a custom launch option for.
I feel this is probably a stupid question, but I don't know how to install chrome for use by this add on my system.
I have used Raspbmc to install XMBC on my raspberry pi and now I want to use your addon.
There doesn't seem to be a version of chrome for my installation so is this a lost cause?
Others. - rasp pi is a Linux based version of XBMC. Designed for XBMC only. You will have limited or no way to launch external applications on that platform.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8