• 4(current)
Hybrid Development Versions
Hi Mudis,

Awesome skin! I think I found a bug. I'm not sure if it's a XBMC or Hybrid problem but when a TV series is split unto multiple directories its clearart doesn't display anymore in the OSD. I get the poster instead (which I assume is the default fallback picture). Is there a workaround for this ?
Is this thread about the same Hybrid skin that is in the official xbmc repo?
(2013-05-21, 18:19)thebearnecessit Wrote: Is this thread about the same Hybrid skin that is in the official xbmc repo?

This thread is the development version as the title suggests

(2013-05-13, 14:59)Serilkath Wrote: Hi Mudis,

Awesome skin! I think I found a bug. I'm not sure if it's a XBMC or Hybrid problem but when a TV series is split unto multiple directories its clearart doesn't display anymore in the OSD. I get the poster instead (which I assume is the default fallback picture). Is there a workaround for this ?

I'll look into it, have you tried other skins with different results ?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2013-05-26, 12:50)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 18:19)thebearnecessit Wrote: Is this thread about the same Hybrid skin that is in the official xbmc repo?

This thread is the development version as the title suggests

(2013-05-13, 14:59)Serilkath Wrote: Hi Mudis,

I'll look into it, have you tried other skins with different results ?

I just tried with another skin and it looks like It's a XBMC problem... It seems to only display the clearart when the "active" directory was the "current" one at the time I selected the clearart. What I mean by that is that if I had only one directory for a series at the time when I got the clearart and I add some other directories after that, the clearart will only display for the episodes in the "original" directory.

Anyone had the same problem ?
@Mudislander
The version in dev repo was last updated 24-Mar-2013 will we be expecting an update? (or perhaps updating official repo too)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Big Grin Was working on it over the weekend before I fried my laptop.

Want to include the menu system from Confluence Customizable Mod and need to change a lot of internal strings.

Actually would bring the whole Mod across except for 2 issues - The home screen is too much like Confluence & the vertical menu will not fit in as is.

But I agree for the development repo it's been too long

Hi Mud,
Just wondering if your still developing the Hybrid skin, or what was happening with its development?
Just to let you Guys know - Hybrid v2 has been submitted to the Gotham XBMC.org Skin Development (beta/rc) repo

Please be aware there are a couple of bugs I'm working on, but the skin is usable & could do with being taken out on a test drive.

Just a heads up - Git Pull request has been sent off for skin.hybrid.dev v2.0.2 - Presume it'll be available shortly.

Unfortunately I've had to change some settings so previous settings will not be carried over to the updated version.

The repo file that first has to be added via the zip option is repository.xbmc.skins.staging-1.1.0.zip

NB! Hybrid Dev version is only for a recent version of Gotham

you mean v2.0.1 Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-01-09, 09:15)Martijn Wrote: you mean v2.0.1 Wink

I do Big Grin sorry on my PC one step ahead already

Hey Mud,

Just tested out the new Hybrid for XBMC 13, and thought i'd give you some feed back;

1) When using the Horizontal Menu System and controlling the system with a mouse - accessing/using the Sub Menu items is very buggy
2) My personal preference would be to remove the grey/black back at the top & bottom of the screen - and have the background image use the entire screen (the same as in Hybrid on XBMC v12)
3) If you could add options for changing (and thus different) colours that would be great... im not sure how much i like the 'red' for text & highlighting bars

Wink
Yeh - recently found the submenu / mouse problem.

Re the colours - Red looked great on the laptop, but once added to my main system my projector doesn't like too much red, so will get changed. Default will probably go back to boring blue. Eventually different themes will get added

Re the Bars - same again looked great on laptop, but don't like it on projector, so will probably end up with the original soft floor & ceiling.

Also thinking of removing vertical menu. I was a diehard vertical fan, but have been using CCM lately and now prefer horizontal.

(2014-01-22, 10:29)Mudislander Wrote: Also thinking of removing vertical menu. I was a diehard vertical fan, but have been using CCM lately and now prefer horizontal.

Firstly, what you have done so far is great work Mud... as always i luv & appreciate all your work! Big Grin

As to Vertical menu, i was a diehard vertical fan, but some months back i compiled what you had originally done of Hybrid 2.0 (pre starting the Gotham skin) into the 12.3 source, and started using the Horizontal menu...
And so now im torn between the 2 ~ so I'd luv it if you could leave the Vertical menu in.

But at the same time, the position of the Horizontal menu could possibly be changed ~ i don't really like it on the absolute bottom of the screen;
I'd suggest something like 3/4 of the way down the screen. Huh
On my new system set-up I went directly to the development link:
after installed from zip, it said 'incompatible, dependencies not met'
I then pointed to the released version (installed from zip)
When I then went to get add-on, now the version devlopment repo was enabled.

In short, got there, but it would not load directly from the development link until the released version was also in the library.

Love it! Great job!!!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hybrid Development Versions2