• 43(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
Hey guys, I guess I didn't take the advice of 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'. LOL

I decided to upgrade from Frodo 12.0 to 12.3 and now all my movies are stuttering really badly.

Frodo 12.0 was working perfectly, but now 12.3 is making me pulling my hairs out.

My HTPC has a discreet AMD 5670 gfx card. It is connected to my AVR via HDMI, and then to my projector. I checked the audio settings and everything seems fine. Windows audio settings also looked fine with exclusive rights enabled.

Could you please take a look at my audio settings below and let me know if anything is wrong? Thanks

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af48/...def4ef.jpg

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af48/...def4ef.jpg
You just upgraded with no change of settings?

The guisettings.xml can on rare occasions become corrupt on upgrade causing problems, try renaming it to something like old-guisettings.xml then restart XBMC so a new guisettings.xml file is created, this will cause all settings to be set back to defaults and you need to configure your audio settings again and test some files, hence keeping the old guisettings file so you can roll back quickly if this makes no difference.

This that doesn't work then could you post a debug log.
(2014-01-04, 01:36)coltonc18 Wrote: and here is the link for the log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=105407

I appreciate your help in getting this taken care of.

Thanks

I'm a bit confused by the log, were you changing type of audio output device in use between Directsound & WASAPI?

Did you test with both "Audio Output Device" and "Passthrough Output Device" set to WASAPI? as I don't see XBMC attempting to use a WASAPI device for file playback?

Could you post a screenshot of your XBMC audio settings.
(2014-01-06, 14:29)jjd-uk Wrote: You just upgraded with no change of settings?

The guisettings.xml can on rare occasions become corrupt on upgrade causing problems, try renaming it to something like old-guisettings.xml then restart XBMC so a new guisettings.xml file is created, this will cause all settings to be set back to defaults and you need to configure your audio settings again and test some files, hence keeping the old guisettings file so you can roll back quickly if this makes no difference.

This that doesn't work then could you post a debug log.

Before install Frodo 12.3, I did a complete un-install of Frodo 12.0 to make sure the new install is clean. I guess that was a bad idea?

Could you tell me how to post a log so I can get that for you to take a look at?

Thanks for helping.
Yep that was a bad idea as you've obviously missed something when you've come to reinstate your settings.

See log_file (wiki) for how to do the debug log file, make sure to play something to display the problem once debug logging is enabled.
(2014-01-06, 14:47)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 01:36)coltonc18 Wrote: and here is the link for the log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=105407

I appreciate your help in getting this taken care of.

Thanks

I'm a bit confused by the log, were you changing type of audio output device in use between Directsound & WASAPI?

Did you test with both "Audio Output Device" and "Passthrough Output Device" set to WASAPI? as I don't see XBMC attempting to use a WASAPI device for file playback?

Could you post a screenshot of your XBMC audio settings.

sorry one of the things i saw on here was to test this way and I forgot to change it back. I have now done a new log with both that way, and its the same issue

Here it is and the screenshot

and log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107014

thanks
Hi there,

I'm running 12.3 and I never got any (HD) audio issues after properly setting up my rig. But today I wanted to play a movie with DTS-HD HRA and it seems my Denon 1912 switches the sound modes every few seconds.

Any hints?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=109275
Kodi 17.x running on Nvidia Shield, 1x KODIbuntu
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
upD8R, could post a screenshot of your audio settings please.
Since I don't want to comb through 64 pages: I seem to have some stutter in videos, but ONLY when someone sends me a message on Facebook (and when that window is not selected) until I open the flashing window. I have Facebook Messenger (windows app) installed and the stutter only happens then. Anyone found a fix for this? It's not a huge problem, just a bit annoying at times
(2014-01-12, 16:44)jjd-uk Wrote: upD8R, could post a screenshot of your audio settings please.

any thoughts to my issue? I added the information you requested up above
(2014-01-12, 16:44)jjd-uk Wrote: upD8R, could post a screenshot of your audio settings please.
Here you go.
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
(2014-01-12, 23:00)coltonc18 Wrote:

any thoughts to my issue? I added the information you requested up above

The log file seems to indicate a couple of thing, first that it's struggling to send AC3 and that there's some video sync issues.

For the movie Red 2, what does you AVR show? does it show AC3 at all? or does it show PCM?

First thing to try is rename your guisettings.xml file in your userdata to something like old-guisettings.xml (to keep it for backup purposes so you can easily switch back to it) then start XBMC and a new guisettings file will be created, this makes everything go back to default so enter your audio settings again leaving everything else at default then try playing something again.
I have also issues between my Nuc I5 Haswell under Windows 8.1 and my Denon 1910 receiver, tracks with DTS-HD MA not well transmitted with Passthrough, no sound or very very low.
If passthrough I don't see how that can be the case as passthrough is exactly that, XBMC only routes the audio and does nothing to it.
Any idea, what is wrong in my log?
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10