• 44(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
(2014-01-14, 17:45)upD8R Wrote: Any idea, what is wrong in my log?

Apologies, thought I'd replied.

The log shows XBMC recognises the DTS-HD HRA audio and it does indeed cause problems, why I can't tell and to be honest I'm not 100% if DTS-HD HRA is supported.

Do you have any DTS-HD MA material? how does that perform for you?

Can you disable "DTS-HD capable receiver" and see what happens?

If you do both of these then it might establish that it's a problem DTS-HD HRA only and not DTS in general.

I don't think I have any DTS-HD HRA material so I might have ask you to produce a sample so I can try it out on my system.

[edit]Here are some instructions I found online for how to produce a sample http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...p?tid=7310
hey, everyone! I am totally new at XBMC, so please bare with me if my questions are lame.

My brother set it up for me on my Asus laptop. The first time he set it up for me, everything worked fine. I used an HDMI cord to hook to my tv and I was able to get sound through me TV with no problems. I just made sure I had HDMI checked and that audio in XBMC showed it was going through my TV. This was about a month ago.

My new laptop broke, so it was replaced with the same model, which I just received yesterday. He installed everything the same way, but now the sound will only work if it's on analog and running through my laptop speakers, which are really low quality. Everytime I switch it to HDMI, the video quality gets distorted and it begins to run in slow motion, with no sound.

I'm not sure if XBMC had an update between 12/19 and yesterday, but it isn't working the same for me as before. I tried to read over the trouble shooting guide, but a lot of it went over my head. I did verify it worked in analog, so I know it's not the sound in the laptop. I was worried about disabling realtek as suggested because I wasn't sure if that was the problem.

I would really, really appreciate help. I am running windows 8 and the latest version of XBMC.
Grab a screenshot of your audio settings and paste it somewhere like http://snag.gy/ and then create a debug log of you playing something using instructions at log_file (wiki)
(2014-01-15, 12:05)jjd-uk Wrote: Grab a screenshot of your audio settings and paste it somewhere like http://snag.gy/ and then create a debug log of you playing something using instructions at log_file (wiki)

Here are my screen caps.

And here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=111075

Thank you so much for offering to help me. Big Grin
I can't see those pictures as the album is set to private, however from the log I can see you're trying to pass audio to the TV that the TV won't be able to decode.

To keep the config simple I suggest the following:

Audio output: Analog (this simply means XBMC decodes all audio)
Speaker configuration: 2.0 (from log this already appears correctly set)
Audio output device: WASAPI: SHARP HDMI
(2014-01-16, 12:00)jjd-uk Wrote: I can't see those pictures as the album is set to private, however from the log I can see you're trying to pass audio to the TV that the TV won't be able to decode.

To keep the config simple I suggest the following:

Audio output: Analog (this simply means XBMC decodes all audio)
Speaker configuration: 2.0 (from log this already appears correctly set)
Audio output device: WASAPI: SHARP HDMI

Thank you so much! It worked perfectly. I thought I had tried that setting, but I bet I didn't leave it on analog. Your help is so appreciated! Laugh
Thanks for your support and sorry for the delay.
(2014-01-14, 18:07)jjd-uk Wrote: The log shows XBMC recognises the DTS-HD HRA audio and it does indeed cause problems, why I can't tell and to be honest I'm not 100% if DTS-HD HRA is supported.
Well, this might explain it. I'm not sure if I have another HRA track here. BTW, can I search (or sort) for specific codec information within XBMC?
(2014-01-14, 18:07)jjd-uk Wrote: Do you have any DTS-HD MA material? how does that perform for you?
Can you disable "DTS-HD capable receiver" and see what happens?
MA works as expected and I can also play the movie if I disable the DTS HD capabilities in XBMC settings.

Here's the sample you requested: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1304...RA-011.mkv (150MB)

Is it worth trying w/ Gotham?
Kodi 17.x running on Nvidia Shield, 1x KODIbuntu
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
That's why I wanted the sample, in order confirm I see the same on Frodo (which uses the now depreciated audio core called SoftAE) and then see if new ActiveAE audio core in Gotham has the same issue. If you don't mind trying with Gotham also then go ahead, if it can be replicated with Gotham then I can get the attention of the audio dev's as going forward they are only applying fixes to the new ActiveAE audio core, and the more logs the better chance of isolating the issue.

If trying Gotham yourself you can run the install in portable mode so it doesn't interfere with your existing setup, search my posts if you don't know how as I've recommended portable mode to several people so you should find the instructions.
I tested with Gotham, Alpha 11 I believe. Same result. My Denon is able to play this format as it properly shows the flag in its display. So this is lacking support in XBMC's Audio Engine?
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
Could you post a log using Gotham please.

The information I have is that it should be supported, but may have been never tested.
Ok I've now had chance to test your file and get the same thing.

However I don't think the DTS-HD HRA is the problem as I've now been able to find a test file which plays ok, can you try the same file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xbB2g...sp=sharing

That a 7.1 file however, still looking for a 5.1 format file to confirm that channel layout doesn't cause problems.

I notice the file is a 3d SBS file so maybe that's related.

How was the file ripped?
(2014-01-13, 13:07)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-01-12, 23:00)coltonc18 Wrote:
(2014-01-12, 16:44)jjd-uk Wrote: upD8R, could post a screenshot of your audio settings please.

any thoughts to my issue? I added the information you requested up above

The log file seems to indicate a couple of thing, first that it's struggling to send AC3 and that there's some video sync issues.

For the movie Red 2, what does you AVR show? does it show AC3 at all? or does it show PCM?

First thing to try is rename your guisettings.xml file in your userdata to something like old-guisettings.xml (to keep it for backup purposes so you can easily switch back to it) then start XBMC and a new guisettings file will be created, this makes everything go back to default so enter your audio settings again leaving everything else at default then try playing something again.

My AVR just says CinemaDSP I think it is....I cant see where it would say AC3 or PCM on the screen when its playing...also I went to user data, and there was not a file the was labeled guisetting....so I couldnt try to fix it that wayHuh?
@jjd-uk

This should all go in wiki Wink

Speaking of wiki which is main reason I came here, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=User_talk:Jjd-uk

Thank you...
I plan to completely redo the the audio section of the wiki, however there's several other XBMC jobs taking priority 1st to get things in a fit state for Gotham beta before starting on the documentation.
(2014-01-17, 16:10)jjd-uk Wrote: That a 7.1 file however, still looking for a 5.1 format file to confirm that channel layout doesn't cause problems.

I notice the file is a 3d SBS file so maybe that's related.

Your sample works fine here, too. Confused
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10