YouTube failed to play - see log file
Hello,

I've installed OpenELEC on my SD card, and I've just begun to get things working. I've enabled a few channels and most of them are working fine.

The YouTube one is giving me problems. Some things from a few of the searches I have tried play but, most will not. It seems to hesitate, or think for a bit, then, I get a message that playback failed and I should check the log file.

I've never used Linux much, so I do not know where to look for this log file to see what is going wrong with YouTube.

One of the Video Add-On's that I used, (Can't fully remember the name of it, But, Something like Creation something) but, it has Creation Minute and a couple of other things.

The point I'm making here is that Creation Minute seems to be using YouTube.

Any help or pointers here would be appreciated.
No help here?

I've been looking elsewhere without success.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the YouTube Add-In but this didn't work either.

I am also unable to sign into YouTube on XBMC. My identical login credentials work on other platforms such as PC, Roku, & ATV2 but not XMBC.

Thanks in advance.
(2014-01-19, 08:40)glen4cindy Wrote: I am also unable to sign into YouTube on XBMC. My identical login credentials work on other platforms such as PC, Roku, & ATV2 but not XMBC.

Thanks in advance.
The xbmc youtube plugin doesn't currently support accessing a non-default youtube profile when you have multiple youtube accounts/profiles attached to one google login. This can happen if you created a google plus account or your original youtube login was merged into a google login.

See my workaround on post 14 and 15 here:

https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...id=108#c14

Basically there is a way on the youtube website to create a separate username/password pair to log directly into the correct youtube profile, this login and password can then be used in the youtube addon.

As for failure to play back some clips - I have not had that problem, but I use raspbmc not openelec. Have you tried raspbmc as a test to see whether its an issue with your openelec configuration ?

Although they're both good I have to say I prefer raspbmc, and there are quite a lot of differences with how they are set up and configured behind the scenes so if you are having trouble with one I would definitely try the other.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
I can't log in at all--I always get a "plugin failure." I have the same problem as Mandrake with the two accounts, but making a separate login like you suggest didn't do the trick either. Sad
It's an add-on issue. You should follow the YouTube add-on thread where others have the same problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79487

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube failed to play - see log file0