Replacement for Motorola NYXBoard Hybrid??
HP D4000 MCE remote works great for me. It's universal, nice blue backlight, and very comfortable. Recognized as a standard MCE remote in XBMC.

Nothing can beat the programming of Logitech Remotes...

The 300 is perfect - no touchpad.. plain buttons..

Wish it had backlight though...
many of these remotes are way too complicated for waf

still havent found the perfect remote
Original Xbox DVD remote.
So of course I only find this thread *after* I buy a Rii Mini i25 and find out that the top keys are IR-only. What were they thinking?

I was the proud owner of a Nyxboard, and loved it to death, but it looks like the gyro that tells it which side is facing up gets a bit wonky after a few years, and the top half of the remote is barely ever activated. I might be able to take it apart and see if I can do anything mechanically for the gyro, but I strongly doubt it. If I get anywhere with that, I'll probably make a post about it, so the other five owners of a Nyxboard can do something when this happens to them.

dhead - if the problem with the Vipremote is weird button signals, you can use Eventghost (at least on Windows) to map them to normal keys. I had to do that for a few buttons on my Nyxboard as well, mostly used them for shortcuts. The Vipremote works well enough otherwise? How does it handle the upside-down buttons? I'm a bit wary of gyro-based solutions, as you'd understand.

How do you switch between RF and IR? I don't see the same button like on the Nyxboard.
(2013-10-11, 15:04)Fullmilk Wrote: While I have a precious nyx board myself I was devastated to see that it's no longer available, as I was putting together a htpc for a friend.

The available options don't really seem to be that promising.

I'm in the same boat. A dark day indeed....
Monitoring this thread with my wonky gyro plagued NYXboard.
Hi.

Does anyone know a good remote WITHOUT airmouse? ether a small touchpad or some form of joystick?
i have tried airmouse remotes before and they drive me crazy.

the remote should have keyboard (ether on the backside or "slideout")
ability to learn ir codes.
And prefferably macro function (power on button turns on both tv and soundsystem).
(2013-10-04, 16:51)caddish Wrote: I received my Rii mini i25 yesterday too, unfortunately it does not work. The dongle is detected in windows but no keypress or mouse action are recorded

Any advice to make it work ?
Registered to say this ...

Please believe me when I say that I am not assuming that you, personally, are as stupid as I am, but someone else might be, and Google has this as the top result for rii i25 dongle problems.

Anyway, I struggled mightily with this thing for longer than I will admit, thinking the RF dongle was defective, before I finally realized that there is a tiny, easy-to-miss switch on the side of the remote. The remote only communicates with the RF dongle when that switch is on, although IR functions will continue to work. Battery-saving measure. Turn it on, will work. Blush
Hi!

In this "Rii mini i25" the remote side works in XBMC or only the keyboard?

Thanks!

(2014-01-08, 23:19)slaphapii Wrote:
(2013-10-04, 16:51)caddish Wrote: I received my Rii mini i25 yesterday too, unfortunately it does not work. The dongle is detected in windows but no keypress or mouse action are recorded

Any advice to make it work ?
Registered to say this ...

Please believe me when I say that I am not assuming that you, personally, are as stupid as I am, but someone else might be, and Google has this as the top result for rii i25 dongle problems.

Anyway, I struggled mightily with this thing for longer than I will admit, thinking the RF dongle was defective, before I finally realized that there is a tiny, easy-to-miss switch on the side of the remote. The remote only communicates with the RF dongle when that switch is on, although IR functions will continue to work. Battery-saving measure. Turn it on, will work. Blush
Hi,

I'm monitoring this thread and trying to find a good remote. In fact it could be Rikomagic MK702 II if remote side workded with RF like mouse and keyboard. How does NYXBoard work? Remote and keyboard send RF signal?

I'm using philips usb receiver and logitech harmony... It's almost perfect, but I would like a keyboard too.
Hey guys, great thread.

I have a Mele F10 (http://dx.com/p/mele-f10-fly-mouse-3-in-...uFgKJBTtNA) which is a RF remote/airmouse/keyboard.

The keyboard and mouse work as expected. The remote part is mapped to some keyboard keys which is nice, but not all of them. Some seem to send IR commands instead of RF. I'm getting a FLIRC and will try to map them.
The OK button on the remote part is mapped to Left mouse Click, and the Exit key mapped to the Right Mouse Click.
For these to work as expected you have to change the xbmc keymaps. There is a good thread about this remote in the openelec forums (http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...e?start=15).

The wife, however, does not approve of the F10, and I'm looking for alternatives.
I'm getting a FLIRC and will try mapping my TV's media buttons.

I love the button set on this G.Star JX-8059, however I can't find any for sale.
http://christina3526.en.ec21.com/G.Star_...00759.html
(2013-11-14, 03:50)itsameta4 Wrote: I was the proud owner of a Nyxboard, and loved it to death, but it looks like the gyro that tells it which side is facing up gets a bit wonky after a few years, and the top half of the remote is barely ever activated. I might be able to take it apart and see if I can do anything mechanically for the gyro, but I strongly doubt it. If I get anywhere with that, I'll probably make a post about it, so the other five owners of a Nyxboard can do something when this happens to them.

Make that six.

My Nyxboard is still working but I am looking for a substitute as I want to build another HTPC for another room in the house.

Let the quest begin!
Has anyone got any experience/knowledge of using the shutter remote? It seems promising with the minimum of extra buttons I'd need. If noone has, I guess I might just have to be the first to try it Smile
I'm quite happy with my df10 from dx

controls my tv, has ir learning capabilities, and i use it with flirc instead of the rf function of the remote

I personally took off the channel silicon buttons so its even more simple

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement for Motorola NYXBoard Hybrid??0