• 142(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Well, from JM's response to the commit, I assume he wants to discuss the matter with you re what has to be done Wink
(2014-01-24, 13:18)Koying Wrote: Well, from JM's response to the commit, I assume he wants to discuss the matter with you re what has to be done Wink

PHP Code:
if (!width)
 +    if (!
width && !minWidth// no width specified, so compute from parent

if parent is None:

width == get(addon_res_width

On a more serious note, was this problem related to Home page only? If so it is solved in version 4.1.5 https://github.com/pecinko/quartz.git
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Cool thanks.
Yep, after JM's commit, all the menu seemed locked on the left.
running this great skin on openelec (raspberry) though struggling now for 2 days to show movieposter/fanart/plot. And I read this forum and do know that 2 requisites apply
- movie info fetched (or populated movie library)
- enabled grid & fanart views in skin setting

I currently have all movie information populated, and the grid&fanart view enabled. It's still showing a movie list on the right only, and a picture of the movie poster on the left. The plot and other information is missing. On the left of my screen, the view options doesn't appear. And strangely enough, the mouse will not navigate to the last item. A heavily populated menu, e,g XMBC menu, DVD item can´t be selected. Confluence skin etc is working fine. Did do several times a re-install, though this does not make a difference

any ideas how to solve it?
(2014-01-24, 21:18)requestor Wrote: running this great skin on openelec (raspberry) though struggling now for 2 days to show movieposter/fanart/plot. And I read this forum and do know that 2 requisites apply
- movie info fetched (or populated movie library)
- enabled grid & fanart views in skin setting

I currently have all movie information populated, and the grid&fanart view enabled. It's still showing a movie list on the right only, and a picture of the movie poster on the left. The plot and other information is missing. On the left of my screen, the view options doesn't appear. And strangely enough, the mouse will not navigate to the last item. A heavily populated menu, e,g XMBC menu, DVD item can´t be selected. Confluence skin etc is working fine. Did do several times a re-install, though this does not make a difference

any ideas how to solve it?

Welcome! Smile

1. First things first. Hide that mouse in a drawer (well, at least for now).
2. Whilst in that list, press left on your keyboard/remote.
3. Mini menu with options appear.
4. Find a button with label "View: ___"
5. Clicking on it will cycle through available view (screen layouts)
6. Spend some time without your mouse, trying to make a friends with a keyboard/remote.
7. Get that mouse if you are still feeling lonely, you should be able to find options menu now.

Helps?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yes, solved! Thank you so much Pecinko
Could someone answer the questions below:
1. On my Synology NAS I have categorized movies into 4 folders (HD (High Definition), SD, kids, other). In the XBMC menu, under 'movies', I've defined a favorite that shows all family movies. However not all family movies are shown here, probably caused by the fact that the scraper does not rate all content with the right category. When defining a favorite, is it possible to refer to a folder only, in this case 'kids'. If not, how to expand / add the favorite view with the missing family movies?
2. The folder 'other' contains content that is strictly forbidden for my 6 year old daughter ;-) I now defined two accounts, where one of the accounts only can access the folder 'other' . Little bit annoying to log off the account and login to the other to access the folder 'other'. What's a better way to safely protect access to a folder..?
Can you make a feature that it is possible to determine what movies or shows are visible, when movies or shows are highlighted in the homescreen.

Or make it random.

I do not add a lot of movies, so I always see the same ones.

I think this also can be used for amber.

Thx in advance an for all the great work
(2014-01-24, 23:02)requestor Wrote: Could someone answer the questions below:
1. On my Synology NAS I have categorized movies into 4 folders (HD (High Definition), SD, kids, other). In the XBMC menu, under 'movies', I've defined a favorite that shows all family movies. However not all family movies are shown here, probably caused by the fact that the scraper does not rate all content with the right category. When defining a favorite, is it possible to refer to a folder only, in this case 'kids'. If not, how to expand / add the favorite view with the missing family movies?
2. The folder 'other' contains content that is strictly forbidden for my 6 year old daughter ;-) I now defined two accounts, where one of the accounts only can access the folder 'other' . Little bit annoying to log off the account and login to the other to access the folder 'other'. What's a better way to safely protect access to a folder..?

2. AFAIK, accounts is the only way to safe protect your content.

1. You could add all 4 folders to XBMC but scan only HD,SD & kids into the library. Shelf will show mixed recently added items. You could then make 3 smart playlists, add them to favourites and assign them to buttons under movies. Now, to get to other, you can use browse and access them like that. This is not really safe way, but will keep other content out of kids hands (in a way)

(2014-01-25, 11:06)MasterSiep Wrote: Can you make a feature that it is possible to determine what movies or shows are visible, when movies or shows are highlighted in the homescreen.

Or make it random.

? I don't understand? You want random movies on the shelf instead of recently added?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-01-26, 10:20)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 23:02)requestor Wrote: Could someone answer the questions below:
2. AFAIK, accounts is the only way to safe protect your content.
1. You could add all 4 folders to XBMC but scan only HD,SD & kids into the library. Shelf will show mixed recently added items. You could then make 3 smart playlists, add them to favourites and assign them to buttons under movies. Now, to get to other, you can use browse and access them like that. This is not really safe way, but will keep other content out of kids hands (in a way)

Ok, create favourites and add these to menu is a good solution, thanks Pecinko! And I agree, different account is indeed the best solution. And you must be aware to log-off the account otherwise data is still accessable to others
(2014-01-25, 11:06)MasterSiep Wrote: Can you make a feature that it is possible to determine what movies or shows are visible, when movies or shows are highlighted in the homescreen.

Or make it random.

? I don't understand? You want random movies on the shelf instead of recently added?
[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Random, so when you don't add movies on a regular base, you're not
getting bored by the view of always the same movies.
And random every startup of when you return to the homescreen.
(2014-01-26, 19:54)MasterSiep Wrote: Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Random, so when you don't add movies on a regular base, you're not

Quartz is using built-in recently added so this is not possible ATM. It is possible already in Amber.[/b]
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

...like in "Confluence"[/align] from list of music items?

Rgds Sandmann

(2014-01-26, 23:10)JHSandmann Wrote: ...like in "Confluence" from list of music items?

Rgds Sandmann
(2014-01-26, 20:05)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 19:54)MasterSiep Wrote: Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Random, so when you don't add movies on a regular base, you're not

Quartz is using built-in recently added so this is not possible ATM. It is possible already in Amber.[/b]

Then I think I'll try Amber again. I really liked it, but it seems to be too 'heavy' for my ATV2.
Lets see if I can tweak it a bit.

Really love Quartz. It's the best balance between looking slick and being fast.
Hope it keeps to be updated.
(2013-10-09, 12:22)pecinko Wrote: Quartz is finished skin and bug free (AFAIK).
On the Raspberry Pi, the Quartz main screen hogs ~90% CPU [1], this is with a static screen, no clock or scrolling text. Sub-menus have much more reasonable CPU load.

Amber doesn't do this, but I much prefer the look of Quartz over Amber.

[1] I have tested this by eliminating all add-ons from XBMC - only changing the skin made any difference,
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12