• 20(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hello. I appreciate this plugin. browsing and finding episodes as well as playing them works perfectly well. I use internet explorer as the browser and The AutoHide Cursor program. My biggest problem does not seem to have been adressed yet, although I have seen the question come up a few times (did many searches before making an account and posting)

So, when I select Alt+f4, it exits NetFlix, but it simply returns to my desktop, XbMc remains minimised. Is there a way to make XbMc come back up when NetFlix is closed? it's a major inconvenience to an otherwise great addon. This is the only issue i have had but it is a major one to me.

thank you,
I am also very happy with this add-on. It does everything it should and the quality in Windows + chrome + silverlight is very good.

My suggestion for the coming back to xbmc would be to play with the settings where you can choose whether the xbmc should be a real fullscreen, or a fullscreen window. Try that one. I have it set to real fullscreen and goes back with no problem.
(2014-01-25, 02:36)fgarcor Wrote: I am also very happy with this add-on. It does everything it should and the quality in Windows + chrome + silverlight is very good.

My suggestion for the coming back to xbmc would be to play with the settings where you can choose whether the xbmc should be a real fullscreen, or a fullscreen window. Try that one. I have it set to real fullscreen and goes back with no problem.

I Followed your advise and looked into the settings , and I already had it set to real fullscreen. However I Tried to switch it to full screen window and now strangely it works ! thank you . If anyone else is having a similar problem as this I recommend toggle between the real fullscreen and fullscreen window option.
Thanks again.
(2014-01-06, 21:50)jcato Wrote: The latest update undid some code changes that I had made, that for me, makes this plugin not work.

First, every movie and tv show has a 't' at the end of its title preventing XBMC scrapers from recognizing the show. About line 345 I changed:
Forgot to change it there too. Fixed it.

(2014-01-06, 21:50)jcato Wrote: Second, the plugin appends the year to the title. This is needed for movies, but prevents the TV scraper from recognizing the show. I moved the following line (about 353) to before the call to addMovieToLibrary (line 364). I also added the if statement in case year is blank. This puts the year on movies, but not tv shows.
I thought the year was needed for some shows. I now removed it. Let's see if it's working fine without.

(2014-01-06, 21:50)jcato Wrote: Finally, if a show expires or is removed from My List it is still in the library. So, I added code to delete all movie and tv show folders before exporting My List:
Does not really make sense. I added some movies that are not in my list. With your changes, these stuff would get lost...

(2014-01-07, 09:33)MorningWood Wrote: The plugin seems to be working for me on Crystalbuntu 2 for the ATV but when the Chrome browser launches, it asks to sign in. Any work around for this?
Maybe just sign in? Netflix should remember it...

(2014-01-09, 05:58)capomatt Wrote: Seems like there should be an easy fix for this because I read through the whole thread and I'm the only one with this problem which makes me think I probably have a simple setting in Chrome I might need to change.
You can simply use the "Use own user profile" setting in Chrome Launcher. That will solve your issues.

(2014-01-09, 05:58)capomatt Wrote: As a side note, it's a little annoying how the mouse cursor it still visible in the IE window so I found a little program called AutoHideMouseCursor that lets you set a timer for having the mouse disappear after a certain time period. Set mine for 10 seconds.
Is my Control Utility not working for you?

(2014-01-10, 12:58)rickelodeon Wrote: The Add on works great!

I have tested here with XBMC Frodo & Netflix Netherlands.
One question:

After watching a movie or choosing the back button on the left hand upper screen, I am directed to the mainpage of Netflix itself.
Is there a way to get back to XBMC?
No, sorry. You have to close the browser via alt+f4 or use my control utility.

(2014-01-10, 12:58)rickelodeon Wrote: When I exit Netflix (ALT+F4) my XBMC is minimized. It would be great to get back to XBMC.

I'm using a windows computer (Windows XP) connected with a RGB kabel to my Plasma and a wireless keyboard.
Try activating: System->System->Video Output->Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen

(2014-01-11, 06:13)cgrey Wrote: Awesome plugin - thanks for all your effort.

Am I the only one experiencing this? No matter what I search for (using the search function), I get "no results found". I've tried search for movies and tv shows that I know for sure exist, both full and partial titles - for example "Top" and "Top Gear" both return no results, while Top Gear is definitely a show on Netflix. Same with "House" or "House of Cards" - just two examples.
(2014-01-23, 17:57)Motopsychoz Wrote: I installed this plug in and I can't seem to get the search feature to work. No matter what search criteria I enter, it returns nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks
Mmm, working fine here. Are you living outside the US?

(2014-01-13, 19:42)kcarson Wrote: Hi, I'm in the UK with a subscription DNS giving me access to US netflix so would expect english. Strangely some TV shows expand to give seasons or episodes, a lot don't though. Dr Who works ok, Walking Dead doesn't. Walking dead plays OK when set to play automatically rather than give season/episode view.

I'll switch on some debug and check the log again, and also have a look at the html source.
Yes. Some DNS are not working. No solution yet.

(2014-01-17, 06:38)SkOrPn Wrote: Wow, I can't believe I just found this XBMC addon. Its like a dream come true, lol. Thank You!

However, I do have one question and surprisingly I cant seem to find the answer after reading every page. I am on Windows 8.1 and I use Netflix exclusively in IE11 because of its HTML5 playback. In fact, it is the ONLY reason I use IE so Netflix is set as the home page and I keep IE11 running in RAM so that it is instantaneous at everything. I do not have SilverLight installed and do not want to install it if I do not have to. Does this just call up the browser in full screen and does not care if the browser uses SilverLight or HTML5? Or does this add-on actually require SilverLight to be installed? SilverLight was obviously abandoned by Microsoft, so I would much prefer to use Internet Explorers built-in HTML5 player.

Any idea if this will work with HTML5? Thanks again, I love this Netflix in XBMC idea Big Grin
Should work the same. Would be nice if you can try it and give us some feedback...

(2014-01-19, 09:42)TerranQ Wrote:
(2014-01-19, 00:31)fillerguy Wrote: Has anybody solved this error? I see a few people here are having the same issue. Fresh OS install (Windows), install XBMC, install this plug-in and it won't work - log shows URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of protocol> errors

edit : if I copy everything from my working machine (C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\xbmc) overwriting everything on the machine that doesn't work, it fixes the problem. Seems this add-on requires something else to be installed in order to work.

Nope, I still haven't solved it. I've never been able to get this addon working
Are you using a proxy? If so, it must support SSL.
Don't know what else could cause SSL problems...

(2014-01-19, 13:55)hstegeman Wrote: I am having problems adding the tv serie
Generation war (2013) or Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter (2013)
to my xbmc library.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1883092/

The result is that the tv serie Breaking bad has been added.
I removed the year from tvshows in v1.2.4. Please try again.

(2014-01-21, 21:11)Etnies Wrote: Is there anyway for this to work with the xbmc app instead of a remote? I have it working perfect with a remote but using an iPad for the bedroom setup but obviously need the alt f4 kill window command.. I could use logmein and do it that way but it's a bit messy

Thanks

By the way great Add on registered just for it
Not yet. But I'll try to implement a solution for this.

(2014-01-22, 10:29)404error Wrote: Is there a way to add all the content from Netflix to the XBMC-Library and keep it up to date? I've only seen the option for one movie at a time.
No, only single movies/shows or your list...

(2014-01-23, 19:39)locomot1f Wrote: also, the new pipelight has some improvements to GPU Acceleration:
Quote:--[AMD GPU Acceleration]--
The Silverlight plugin still has some problems on AMD graphics card and the GPU acceleration is therefore disabled by default if Pipelight detects neither a NVIDIA nor Intel graphic card. We were now able to track down the problem to the drawing call ordering which is different between Windows and Wine's D3D layer. Stefan Dösinger is working for Codeweavers on a patchset to implement the same behaviour as on Windows, which also solves this problem. Nevertheless, applying around 200 patches on Wine makes maintaining much more complicated and we are therefore going to wait till they landed which hopefully shouldn't take too long. In the meantime we added the value 2 to the PIPELIGHT_GPUACCELERATION environment variable which will enforce the same drawing ordering as on Windows by waiting till the drawing commands are finished. This costs some performance but should be still perform better on newer cards than no gpu acceleration at all. To test it, simply start your browser from a terminal in the following manner:

PIPELIGHT_GPUACCELERATION=2 firefox

is there a way to do this? or is this for the Chrome Launcher?
Sounds like they are still working on this, so i won't add it. I guess they will directly implement it when it's fully working.
For now, you can test it yourself by replacing "/usr/bin/google-chrome" by "PIPELIGHT_GPUACCELERATION=2 /usr/bin/google-chrome" in Chrome Launcher's default.py.
Great plugin, just having two issues at the moment with it.

Firstly, I'm using the Yatse Android remote to control my XBMC. I realise this app is not supported with Netflixbmc but it has a function to send keyboard commands which I was hoping to get working with the windows utility. I've changed the key mappings using the utility and am able to load shows fine, but when I try to enter keys using my android keyboard, it is sending the commands to XBMC, not the utility. For example, if I press the Enter key on my android keyboard, it tries to load up another IE window instead of pausing the video. Just wondering if there's a way I can control Netflix using the keyboard on my phone or possibly another app that someone else has had success with on an Android device.

The second issue I'm having is that when I try to add a show to my library, it doesn't show up. The window in the top right corner flashes for a split second when I try to add a show but when I go to my TV or Movie library, nothing is there.

Running Frodo v12.3 on Windows 8.1 x64. Apart from these issues though, it's a fantastic plugin Smile
v1.2.4:
- Changed movie/tvshow detection
- Win/Linux: Now using Silverlight fullscreen mode
- Control Utitlity (Win): Added settings

If you are using the control utility (win) / xdotool (linux), the pipelight fullscreen mode is now used per default.
Should solve some problems. But you can also turn it off...

There's an important change: Linux user's need to hit alt+f4 twice / change the scripts to close chrome.
Please let me know if there are any problems with it...

To all non US users having problems with episode listing: If you still have problems, please send me the "minutes" translation on movies from your netflix site.

(2014-01-26, 03:06)messiah1095 Wrote: Firstly, I'm using the Yatse Android remote to control my XBMC. I realise this app is not supported with Netflixbmc but it has a function to send keyboard commands which I was hoping to get working with the windows utility. I've changed the key mappings using the utility and am able to load shows fine, but when I try to enter keys using my android keyboard, it is sending the commands to XBMC, not the utility. For example, if I press the Enter key on my android keyboard, it tries to load up another IE window instead of pausing the video. Just wondering if there's a way I can control Netflix using the keyboard on my phone or possibly another app that someone else has had success with on an Android device.
Not yet possible. But I'll try to implement a solution for this.

(2014-01-26, 03:06)messiah1095 Wrote: The second issue I'm having is that when I try to add a show to my library, it doesn't show up. The window in the top right corner flashes for a split second when I try to add a show but when I go to my TV or Movie library, nothing is there.
Have you added the source as described in the first post?
Thanks, would be great if it's at all possible.

And no I didn't realise I had to add a source. Will try now, thanks for the quick response Smile
I installed the plugin yesterday, and it worked great. But last night, it was automatically updated to version 1.2.4 and now it gives me script errors when I try to play a file (the log file mentions "No json object could be decoded" among other things). I reverted back to 1.2.3 using the "previous versions" function of Windows, and everything is working again. Are more people experiencing this problem?
I am having the same issue. On one PC it works on another it doesn't. Is anyone else having this issue?
Script error on the chrome launcher. Running Ubuntu 13.10. Here is my debug log
I am having the same issue as mvzut. The plugin worked three days ago very well, and then was updated to the latest version last night (1.2.4) and now receive a popup saying "script errors plugin.program.chrome.launcher..."
Switching to IE seems to make things work. The issue seems restricted to Chrome Launcher...
(2014-01-26, 16:24)mvzut Wrote: I installed the plugin yesterday, and it worked great. But last night, it was automatically updated to version 1.2.4 and now it gives me script errors when I try to play a file (the log file mentions "No json object could be decoded" among other things). I reverted back to 1.2.3 using the "previous versions" function of Windows, and everything is working again. Are more people experiencing this problem?
I guess this is related to the changes with movie/tvshow detection.
Are you living outside the US? If so, please send me the translation for the length (minutes) when you mouseover on some movie on netflix.

(2014-01-26, 17:18)GrantXP Wrote: I am having the same issue. On one PC it works on another it doesn't. Is anyone else having this issue?
(2014-01-26, 21:36)rushingjs Wrote: Script error on the chrome launcher. Running Ubuntu 13.10. Here is my debug log
(2014-01-26, 21:37)creed3020 Wrote: I am having the same issue as mvzut. The plugin worked three days ago very well, and then was updated to the latest version last night (1.2.4) and now receive a popup saying "script errors plugin.program.chrome.launcher..."
(2014-01-26, 21:52)GrantXP Wrote: Switching to IE seems to make things work. The issue seems restricted to Chrome Launcher...
Yes, there was a bug in Chrome Launcher. Is v1.1.0 now working again for you?
Yes, thanks!
(2014-01-13, 19:42)kcarson Wrote: Hi, I'm in the UK with a subscription DNS giving me access to US netflix so would expect english. Strangely some TV shows expand to give seasons or episodes, a lot don't though. Dr Who works ok, Walking Dead doesn't. Walking dead plays OK when set to play automatically rather than give season/episode view.

I'll switch on some debug and check the log again, and also have a look at the html source.

for the shows that dont expand, do you get a script failed error?

Im in canada using a dns service to access us/uk netflix and had similar symptoms. I tried various plugin setting without much luck but I think I found a solution by digging into the default.py file. in the function getSeriesInfo there's a line of code (line 323)
PHP Code:
url "http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/odp/episodeslanguages="+language+"&forceEpisodes=true&routing=redirect&video="+seriesID+"&country="+country 
which I altered to
PHP Code:
url "http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/odp/episodes?languages="+language+"&forceEpisodes=true&routing=redirect&video="+seriesID+"&country=US" 
and the issues loading US tv shows seems to have been fixed. Tracing the code, the country variable is loaded from a locale file which, for me, had "en-CA" which set the value of country to "CA" By hardcoding the US value, it overrides the locale.

This isnt a great fix since it needs to be changed for each different country you want to use but at least it's something. let me know if it helps.

Of course I'd recommend backing up the default.py file before making any changes, just in case.

EDIT - two quick addendums
1) Its probably better to edit the locale file and/or set the country variable manually instead of hardcoding the value on the specific line.
2) I should mention that I've only tested this briefly and Im not very familiar with the technical side of netflix or xbmc/plugins so I cant say if this will break anything else.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7