• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
v1.1.0:
- Removed old settings references

Should now be working again (hopefully Wink)...
This is just great. Tested it on my PC and everything works perfectly.
Now for the hard part. I need to install this on my Ouya. The real issue I will run into is closing the browser,
How would you suggest I map a button on my Ouya controller to close the browser?

Thanks for such a cool addon.
(2014-01-26, 04:04)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 03:40)vitalizm Wrote: Ok, I think I'm getting somewhere. I installed Chrome using wget https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/googl...t_i386.deb

Here is what I see now when I select a movie. I get a small chrome screen asking me to login but I cannot move my cursor to the Chrome screen.

What am I doing wrong?
You need to have a desktop environment running. An example script to launch openbox (default on xbmcbuntu) is included in the addon folder.
Copy it somewhere and make it executable:
Code:
sudo chmod +x script.sh

See first and latest posts for more info...

Nope. Does not work.

chmod +x ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh, verified script has +x, reboot, same behavior. Probably at least partially due to bad line endings in the script, but even after correcting that, it does not work.

Also, even with xdotool installed, control focus is not surrendered - cannot close window or manipulate any controls on the window.
Haha, am very interested to try this out. You won't believe how I have integrated lean back and couch mode on my OS X installation. Basically XBMC, and firefox and google integrate so I can use use youtube and vimeo.

Am keen to see how well the keyboard controls in using and returning to xbmc etc. Have setup with flirc. Will provide some feedback Smile

I see you have added the option for users to add a website. I imagine the website would need to operate well with keyboard controls if you want to use it as a htpc.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Maybe a silly question, But since it seems XBMC needs a pre-determined set up to run Netflix without a desktop in the background. Is it possible to make a separate add-on for that or an option that says "run script (linux/os/windows) with an open box or other basic options?"

I'm hesitant to try these scripts since i notice it is changing throughout the thread.
the included script can be used for that. An option would have to cover all bases, and of course the addon won't install openbox so you need to possibly install that too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've gone through this thread at least 2 times but I still have a problem with Chrome Launcher. I;m running XBMCbuntu and have installed google-chrome and pointed the Chrome Launcher add-on to the included script.sh. When i launch one of the provided links (youtube or vimeo), however, I still get only half a screen and the mouse/keyboard can not "touch" anything on the screen. If, while the half screen is up, I type "unity" into my ssh session on my laptop, The half screen goes to full screen and mouse/keyboard can do stuff.
any idea why in my case, openbox isn't putting the window in full screen? is that what its supposed to do? Do i need to include unity in the script.sh before the openbox line?

Thanks in advance!
The script doesn't seem to be run at all, honestly. You can replace the script with one that just writes the arguments to a file, and chrome still launches and said files does not get written.
(2014-01-29, 09:43)enneract Wrote: The script doesn't seem to be run at all, honestly. You can replace the script with one that just writes the arguments to a file, and chrome still launches and said files does not get written.
Where did you copy the script to? What are it's permissions?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
v1.1.1:
- Fixed bug with "special://" custom paths

(2014-01-27, 16:26)dkplayaclub Wrote: Now for the hard part. I need to install this on my Ouya. The real issue I will run into is closing the browser,
How would you suggest I map a button on my Ouya controller to close the browser?
I dont know anything about the ouya, sorry. Cant really help you...

(2014-01-28, 04:13)activate Wrote: I see you have added the option for users to add a website. I imagine the website would need to operate well with keyboard controls if you want to use it as a htpc.
Yes, if you want to navigate. I only use it to display NEWS websites or video streams that xbmc cant handle. Or in combination with other addons, like NetfliXBMC...

(2014-01-28, 21:41)Linkcis Wrote: Maybe a silly question, But since it seems XBMC needs a pre-determined set up to run Netflix without a desktop in the background. Is it possible to make a separate add-on for that or an option that says "run script (linux/os/windows) with an open box or other basic options?"

I'm hesitant to try these scripts since i notice it is changing throughout the thread.
If i would implement such an option, it also would only start those scripts. But there is no general solution available, so this option could cause some trouble.
If you are using xbmcbuntu, the provided example script should work fine for you. I will update the first post, so that this script stuff will be clearer.

(2014-01-29, 07:26)DaveNinja Wrote: I've gone through this thread at least 2 times but I still have a problem with Chrome Launcher. I;m running XBMCbuntu and have installed google-chrome and pointed the Chrome Launcher add-on to the included script.sh. When i launch one of the provided links (youtube or vimeo), however, I still get only half a screen and the mouse/keyboard can not "touch" anything on the screen. If, while the half screen is up, I type "unity" into my ssh session on my laptop, The half screen goes to full screen and mouse/keyboard can do stuff.
any idea why in my case, openbox isn't putting the window in full screen? is that what its supposed to do? Do i need to include unity in the script.sh before the openbox line?

Thanks in advance!
(2014-01-29, 09:43)enneract Wrote: The script doesn't seem to be run at all, honestly. You can replace the script with one that just writes the arguments to a file, and chrome still launches and said files does not get written.
Sorry, there was a bug in the latest version when special:// paths where used for the custom path. Please try v1.1.1...
Can I request the option to set thumb art for sources?
If I ad, say, eBay, I would love to be able to add an image, like already exists for Vimeo or YouTube.
I updated to 1.1.1 but now when i click on the youtube link I don't get a window popping up or an error message. log has:

18:59:00 T:3038299904 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback
18:59:00 T:3038299904 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback) failed

edited to add: If i turn off "use script" option, the program launches but only in half the screen.
(2014-01-01, 08:43)Austintati0us Wrote: Current configuration:
-Apple TV 1
-Crystalbuntu
-XBMC 12.3 Frodo
-Pipelight / Silverlight 5.1 enabled
-Chrome Launcher with custom chrome path to opt/google/google-chrome-stable
-NetfliXBMC
-Google Chrome

Current Netflix status:
-NetfliXBMC loads
-Netflix profile user prompt
-Netflix menu and 'My List' populate
-Netflix content successfully loading with ability to view trailers via YouTube

The issue is now that once attempt to play a Netflix selection, a small, resized error window populates indicating that Chrome cannot be run from root. I have changed ownership of the folder to no avail. I believe getting Chrome to successfully open will be the last step in getting Netflix to stream in Crystalbuntu on an ATV1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xet6od7y245b6...xerror.jpg

Any ideas?

Update 1/2/2014
Changed directory ownership of opt and added permission to mode 4755. Error window no longer populates, but after selecting a movie, XBMC 'thinks' for awhile, but the movie does not play.

How did you get it to work? I have ATV1, CrystalBuntu installed, Broadcom card
I can't get it to work. Netflixbmc
(2014-01-30, 05:05)DaveNinja Wrote: I updated to 1.1.1 but now when i click on the youtube link I don't get a window popping up or an error message. log has:

18:59:00 T:3038299904 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback
18:59:00 T:3038299904 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback) failed

edited to add: If i turn off "use script" option, the program launches but only in half the screen.

here a link to the xbmc.log with debugging on:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=122813
If i disable the script, then stuff like the netflix add-on run in the half screen, so I must be close.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8