• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...)
Thanks. This is cool. I am using it on OS X. Wondering if anyone has been able to run an applescript. I can trigger an app but not a script file.

Edit: Thanks for the info, used bash script.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2014-01-31, 09:14)activate Wrote: Thanks. This is cool. I am using it on OS X. Wondering if anyone has been able to run an applescript. I can trigger an app but not a script file.

Something like /usr/bin/osascript <scriptname> should work
Is it possible for this add-on to detect which video add-on is being launched then perform an action? Specifically, when I have a certain video streaming add-on start, I'd like to call a script that activates a VPN. Then, when the video streaming add-on is stopped, I'd like to call a script to deactivate the VPN. And then if there's a different video streaming add-on started, it would call a different VPN script? Thanks!
hello,
verry nice script , but how to configure it? perhaps you could help me with a example, like execute /home/xbian/lightsoff.sh when a movie of tv show starts

ps Im just beginning with python so excuse me for my ignorance in the language

Luke
sorry, i found out its really a plugin, i tough it was a script.
how to change it so it doesn't see music as a player?

luke
Great add on! It does what I needed just fine. My only nitpick is that the script I put into the xbmc start option gets abandoned after exiting and shows up on the process list as a zombie! Not a big deal, but it would be nice if that didn't happen.
(2014-02-21, 02:02)metheos Wrote: Great add on! It does what I needed just fine. My only nitpick is that the script I put into the xbmc start option gets abandoned after exiting and shows up on the process list as a zombie! Not a big deal, but it would be nice if that didn't happen.

I was able to get this to work by adding a wait to the process and pointing it to a script that forks the actual script.
Code:
class Main:
  def __init__(self):
    self._init_vars()
    self._init_property()
    global script_xbmc_starts
    if script_xbmc_starts:
      log('Going to execute script = "' + script_xbmc_starts + '"')
      try:
          process= subprocess.Popen([script_xbmc_starts])
          process.wait()
      except:
          log('Error executing script when xbmc starts')
    self._daemon()
(2014-02-22, 20:19)metheos Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 02:02)metheos Wrote: Great add on! It does what I needed just fine. My only nitpick is that the script I put into the xbmc start option gets abandoned after exiting and shows up on the process list as a zombie! Not a big deal, but it would be nice if that didn't happen.

I was able to get this to work by adding a wait to the process and pointing it to a script that forks the actual script.
Code:
class Main:
  def __init__(self):
    self._init_vars()
    self._init_property()
    global script_xbmc_starts
    if script_xbmc_starts:
      log('Going to execute script = "' + script_xbmc_starts + '"')
      try:
          process= subprocess.Popen([script_xbmc_starts])
          process.wait()
      except:
          log('Error executing script when xbmc starts')
    self._daemon()

Thanks for this, to be honest it does not happen in my setup (raspbmc) but I will investigate further. Regards,
Hi,

I have created a new version (v0.5) that I think fixes the possible zombie processes. Thanks for reporting this:

https://github.com/pilluli/service.xbmc....e/v0.5.zip

Regards,
How can I run a file with additional attributes, I need to be able to either:

1 - Link to a shortcut
or
2 - Be able to point to a program like this ""C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\HsScript.exe" MovieStart.vb"

Is that possible somehow, because in the XBMC interface I can't manually type the script location
(2014-03-01, 09:40)jvc1986 Wrote: How can I run a file with additional attributes, I need to be able to either:

1 - Link to a shortcut
or
2 - Be able to point to a program like this ""C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\HsScript.exe" MovieStart.vb"

Is that possible somehow, because in the XBMC interface I can't manually type the script location

Yes, go to addon_data > service.xbmc.callbacks > and manually edit the settings.xml

I'm trying to run a script after library update, but I'm getting the following errors:

Code:
13:45:42 T:10988   DEBUG: XBMC callbacks: database updated
13:45:42 T:10988   DEBUG: XBMC callbacks: Going to execute script = "C:\Users\me\myscript.py"
13:45:42 T:10988   DEBUG: XBMC callbacks: ERROR executing script when database updates

The script will run if manually executed through XBMC so I know that it works.

Any ideas?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Sorry to bump this. It would be tremendous if I could get this working. The solution I've been looking for for months.

I would be eternally grateful for any advice that could be offered.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Hi all,

I am using this superb addon on windows.
I use it to pilot my philips hue: 20% light when player starts/resumes, and 100% light when player stops/pauses.
To do so, i create .bat file containing the curl command. It works.
However, when invoking the .bat, there is a console window opening briefly.
I would like the invocation to be invisible.

I tried "start /min light.bat", i tried also "wscript light.vbs" (with adequate code that does not show a window).
Both those fail to be started. And i have no error log. I do no why they are not started: maybe due to presence of an argument?

Any idea to mask that console window?
I currently returned back to .bat file, but it is not sexy...
(2014-03-09, 15:43)flarc Wrote: Hi all,

I am using this superb addon on windows.
I use it to pilot my philips hue: 20% light when player starts/resumes, and 100% light when player stops/pauses.
To do so, i create .bat file containing the curl command. It works.
However, when invoking the .bat, there is a console window opening briefly.
I would like the invocation to be invisible.

I tried "start /min light.bat", i tried also "wscript light.vbs" (with adequate code that does not show a window).
Both those fail to be started. And i have no error log. I do no why they are not started: maybe due to presence of an argument?

Any idea to mask that console window?
I currently returned back to .bat file, but it is not sexy...

Can you post the code that you used in the .bat file as well as the code in the .vbs file?
Have you tried inserting a bit of code in either of those files to see if they are being executed? Like create a message box? Once done debugging then you would delete that code.
Hello, thanks for your helps.

1) Ok, so currently, my settings.xml is like this:
Code:
<setting id="player_pauses" value="C:\sarah\plugins\fred\bin\huelight_high.bat" />

And the "huelight_high.bat" is like that:
Code:
@echo off
c:
cd C:\sarah\plugins\fred\bin
curl http://192.168.1.21/api/newdeveloper/lights/1/state -X PUT -d "{\"on\":true, \"bri\":228}" >> NUL

This works, but i see a brief console window appear.

2) I tried also this (xml manually edited because .vbs is not displayed in xbmc add-on configuration screen):

settings.xml:
Code:
<setting id="player_pauses" value="C:\sarah\plugins\fred\bin\huelight_high.vbs" />

huelight_high.vbs:
Code:
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
cmd = "C:\sarah\plugins\fred\bin\huelight_high.bat"
Return = WshShell.Run(cmd, 0, True)
set WshShell = Nothing

The huelight_high.bat is unchanged.

If i run manually the vbs, it works without console appearing.
But within XBMC, the command is not performed (which i can see only due to no change of light)

Does not work either with:
settings.xml:
Code:
<setting id="player_pauses" value="wscript C:\sarah\plugins\fred\bin\huelight_high.vbs" />

3) I also tried compiling the .bat into .exe, and updating accordingly the settings.xml, but does not work either.
Code:
<setting id="player_pauses" value="C:\sarah\plugins\fred\bin\huelight_high.exe" />

4) I did not try yet to put directly the long curl command into the settings.xml (i need to see how to manage the quotes within the command).

5) Last thing i would try (but i do not know yet how to do it) is calling directly a python script (that would be interpreted by xbmc's own python lib) to change hue lights.

If you have an idea to make option#1 or #2 work, it would be helpful, because i would prefer those ways of doing it. But if option#5 would work, i will take it.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...)4