Release nbox 1.0
(2014-01-14, 17:04)niamu Wrote: I may end up creating a version of nbox for Plex, however lately I've been wondering why a TV interface is not even needed. Personally I'm always browsing on my tablet or phone and sending that to the TV rather than browsing content on the TV itself.

I've been thinking a lot about what kind of interface the TV needs to support the way people like myself interact with it.

I can see things going this way too, especially with the chromecast now, but I'm going to hang on to the big screen interface for a while, there's something about sitting down with a remote in front of the screen that just feels a lot more easy and comfortable. Kind of like the difference between talking on a cell phone, and just grabbing a good old fashion corded handset.

Anyway I love this skin, the best and most beautiful I've ever used for XBMC, I really hope someone picks up the torch on this one. Wouldn't need to really add anything IMO, (well maybe custom shortcuts on the main menu, but I'm not dying for it)

Does anyone know what I would need to do to add "exit" to the shutdown menu? We use our htpc for other stuff and it would be nice to have that instead of hitting alt-f4 on the keyboard.
Settings / Appearance / Skin Settings / General - Enable Exit XBMC Button
Hi Everybody,

I have created a separete thread for my nbox mod, please use that thread for any comments, feedback or suggestions.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184171
Great skin! It's my new favourite. Thanks for all your hard work.

Quick question..do you plan on implementing Cinema Experience?
Hi Jer78

it will be available im my mod on the next update
(2014-02-01, 22:51)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Jer78

it will be available im my mod on the next update

Just installed your mod and it looks great! looking forward to the next update
Hello, I'm new to xbmc and all. I love this skin, I think it's the best of probably just only 3 worth having installed. Now I have a few question, since I'm not sure they are bounded to the skin or not.

I would like to remove the tick that marks played files. I'm not sure but using skins also trims settings options? I miss many advances settings from Settings->Video for example.

Also I would like to "flatten" some nodes, so I get rid of the titles, genres, years, etc subpath. And probably put only 2, Anime and Movies using the next nodes:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" type="folder">
<label>Movies</label>
<content>movies</content>
<path>videodb://1/1/2</path>
<icon>DefaultYear.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">Anime</rule>
</node>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="folder">
<label>Anime</label>
<content>movies</content>
<path>videodb://1/1/1</path>
<icon>DefaultYear.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">ANIME</rule>
</node>

But I had no success, is there anything I must do for them to work?
Awesome work Niamu, it runs great on my device. Thanks a lot for your hard efforts.
Signed up just to ask whether there was any chance of a Gotham update? Don't need views, features, etc, just fixes. I'm torn between this skin and all the Gotham goodness...

Thanks, this is by far my favorite skin and a big reason for my original switch to XBMC
(2014-03-24, 02:24)randers Wrote: Signed up just to ask whether there was any chance of a Gotham update? Don't need views, features, etc, just fixes. I'm torn between this skin and all the Gotham goodness...

Thanks, this is by far my favorite skin and a big reason for my original switch to XBMC

+1
(2014-03-24, 02:24)randers Wrote: Signed up just to ask whether there was any chance of a Gotham update? Don't need views, features, etc, just fixes. I'm torn between this skin and all the Gotham goodness...

Would also love this, the Gotham betas are mighty tempting!
Since nbox has very little features the only thing that needs to be done is update the addon.xml and migrate the subtitle implememtation. Everything else should work as is.
(2014-04-01, 17:48)DjCisco Wrote: Since nbox has very little features the only thing that needs to be done is update the addon.xml and migrate the subtitle implememtation. Everything else should work as is.

I bit the bullet shortly after my post, and you're right it is mostly functional. The new "settings level" setting that Gotham has is not present in nbox, but can be set in Confluence and it will work fine after that. Only other thing I've noticed is the video stats OSD (invoked by pressing "o" during playback) has its margin screwed up and the text overlaps itself.
For anyone else interested: in addition to the above, trying to view the EPG seems to crash XBMC/make it unresponsive; think everything else is alright.

Edit: also trying to show a "random" selection of videos from the library on the home screen doesn't work, while "recent" does
There is quite a bit more that needs to be reviewed for Gotham, check http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158812

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nbox 1.01