• 62(current)
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod
(2014-01-28, 08:58)Mudislander Wrote: Sorry I can't check for you, instictive thought is memory issues. This mod was not designed to run on low end machines.
I also have the freezing problem -- this happens only when I try to access a sub-menu on the home screen.
FYI: I'm running this on Win7 and 2G of RAM.

Any idea?

Thanks for this great skinSmile
A debug log may help Wink
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I would very much like to regain the 'video' background that Confluence has. I like having tvheadend playing in the background while in the menu system, but this customisable mod doesn't seem to allow for that. I really like the way this mod allows for multiple add-on menus though so I can't just go back to Confluence!!

Regards,
aceed
So you want LiveTV playing/showing in the background while on the home screen but don't want LiveTV showing while browsing video content ?

Setting the video background to the Confluence one is the easy bit, just copy the image over and select it as the background.

Yes, that's exactly it! Ok thanks, i'll try and work that one out on an android box Tongue Will this get the livetv going as a default background?
Mudislander,

Feature request, maybe too big a request for a skin. If anyone cant be bothered reading this long post then just read the bit in bold to get a brief explanation of what im talking about.

One thing that would improve xbmc massively for me would be if it was possible to setup you own menus.

Here's what I mean...At the moment I can have an item on my homescreen called "Kids". I can have a submenu with a few different items, some go to specific sections of a video addon, some go to a specific kids tv show in my library, one activates the search function in a specific addon.

Thats great but I think the whole experience would be miles better for the user if these submenu items were not in a submenu, but were instead accessed by clicking on "kids" and seeinga new screen of the submenu items. the user would then be presented with a nice icon/poster for each of the submenu's. so it would just be visually much more appealing.

so basically its like a kind of like having a few separate lists of favourites instead of one big list of favourites.

hope i explained that ok, just think it would be miles more usable and visually appealing at the same time.

just a couple rows of configurable favourites/icons for each home menu item. would look a litle like this , instead of just having the small and subtle submenu system:
Interesting idea. Major amount of code Smile Doesn't really fit in with the way the Mod is set out ATM but maybe could be an option to go to a user window as your screenie and up to the user not to add submenus etc to that particular item.

I can already see people wanting hundreds of shortcuts instead of the 10 you show in your screenie - You only have to read back on posts.

There is a script emerging elsewhere for Gotham that will allow user defined menu items that are transportable to any skin using it - Maybe it would suit this idea.

Anyway no promises, but as I said - interesting! I'll probably play with it for a while.

(2014-02-03, 09:02)Mudislander Wrote: Interesting idea. Major amount of code Smile Doesn't really fit in with the way the Mod is set out ATM but maybe could be an option to go to a user window as your screenie and up to the user not to add submenus etc to that particular item.

I can already see people wanting hundreds of shortcuts instead of the 10 you show in your screenie - You only have to read back on posts.

There is a script emerging elsewhere for Gotham that will allow user defined menu items that are transportable to any skin using it - Maybe it would suit this idea.

Anyway no promises, but as I said - interesting! I'll probably play with it for a while.

Glad it sounds interesting to you, I think it would be great. If gotham is bringing user defined menus then i think/presume that is exactly what I am talking about. Fingers crossed anyway. I think if a skin was able to offer this ability its popularity would almost instantly be through the roof. Anyway I've been using this skin contantly for a long while, and so I always keep an eye on this thread, so I will continue to do so just in case you decide to give it a go Smile

thanks again.

BTW your attitude towards users, even when you have to turn down requests is a major reason why this is my favourite skin. Ive seen devs that are just rude to people for no good reason.

anyway, im waffling now, keep up the great work Big Grin
(2014-02-03, 09:02)Mudislander Wrote: There is a script emerging elsewhere for Gotham that will allow user defined menu items that are transportable to any skin using it - Maybe it would suit this idea.

I presumed you were talking about skin shortcuts and, as it's a very interesting idea, I has a play to see how easily it could be done. Assuming the user is happy to create an overrides.xml file like the following, quite easily. (Though I implemented it as an overlay to the home page, rather than whole window itself, primarily because skin shortcuts doesn't provide fanart)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
    <override action="KidsOverlay">
        <action>SetProperty(menuoverlay,kids,10000)</action>
        <action>ActivateWindow(1000)</action>
    </override>
</overrides>

Then a custom window (in this example, obviously it would be id 1000), with a list with the content tag

Code:
<content>plugin://script.skinshortcuts?type=list&amp;group=$INFO[Window(10000).Property(menuoverlay)]-overlay</content>

(Note I added "-overlay" so this menu would be unique from a main menu entry of "Kids", for example)

A button to edit the list...

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=$INFO[Window(10000).Property(menuoverlay)]-overlay)</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(1000)</onclick>

And to close the dialog after the user has selected a shortcut, the following in home.xml

Code:
<onunload>Dialog.Close(1000)</onunload>

Then a menu item just needs a custom action set to the override action in the overrides.xml - in this example "KidsOverlay", for a final effect of something like

having an issue with the home screen not showing random fanart for the TV Show, MOvies, and Music screens. there isnt a choice that i can see in the background options menu, multi image wants you to select a folder. i thought there was an option to select downloaded images only?

thanks
Try selecting "Default" in the background options.

thanks, i wound up using the artwork organizer and it cached a copy of them all for me locally... the only issue im having now is that i have my pc shared between 2 screens, the tv with its own speakers and the pc's speakers. but i have to make the tv default to get sound thru XBMC to work, then switch back to the PC speakers when i want to use the pc side for sound....
hi,

Is there a way to increase the number of add-ons from 5? Put 8 with a smaller size for instance?

Thanks
Not without editing xml files - probably called something like "includesaddonsys" can't .check right now

(2014-01-28, 08:58)Mudislander Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 20:10)floatingcloud Wrote: Are there plans to make CCM work on Gotham or should those of us using Gotham give up on it already?

ATM the only stuff I'm doing for Gotham is Hybrid. The development version can be found in the XBMC Gotham Skin Development Repo.

Skin has a few issues, but they should be sorted in a week or so. Otherwise it has a lot of similarities to CCM.

Thanks MS...
Will swipe out to that and follow the thread as all my systems are now switched to Gotham builds so will run with your Hybrid builds...
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod11