• 56(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2014-01-09, 04:09)snyft Wrote: Just used this addon and for some reason 30-40% of the posters are in german/russian with default settings. Any idea?

I had the same problem when I first used UMS. Corrected it by selecting a language (USA/International) instead of default. You have to change this in the source settings not the addon settings.

If I remember correctly you can change art for sets in the contextual menu.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-01-09, 05:12)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 04:09)snyft Wrote: Just used this addon and for some reason 30-40% of the posters are in german/russian with default settings. Any idea?

I had the same problem when I first used UMS. Corrected it by selecting a language (USA/International) instead of default. You have to change this in the source settings not the addon settings.

If I remember correctly you can change art for sets in the contextual menu.

I changed it before to USA/International (source settings)
The posters are being downloaded from themoviedb.org with en language.

I set my movies to none before and cleaned it, so it cant be any old thumbs/posters it have downloaded?
I installed a couple a days ago this Universal Movie Scraper and it just works fine.
I played with some settings in this scraper and wanna do now a complete new scrape of all my movies.

Now I get the message "Unable to connect to remote server".
With my another scrapers (The Movie Database & MovieMeter) works just fine.

I did a new install of the Universal Movie Scraper, but I'll get the same message over and over.

Does anybody know how I could solve this problem?

PS: I just looked at the log file.
18:16:10 T:140575920146176 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
18:16:10 T:140575920146176 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
This probably won't help with your web connection problems. But if you want to change the scrapper settings you must do it for the video source. Each source on your system has it's own independent settings so when you change the settings for the addon you are only changing the settings that will be the default for the next source you add.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-01-22, 19:03)D0nMark Wrote: I installed a couple a days ago this Universal Movie Scraper and it just works fine.
I played with some settings in this scraper and wanna do now a complete new scrape of all my movies.

Now I get the message "Unable to connect to remote server".
With my another scrapers (The Movie Database & MovieMeter) works just fine.

I did a new install of the Universal Movie Scraper, but I'll get the same message over and over.

Does anybody know how I could solve this problem?

PS: I just looked at the log file.
18:16:10 T:140575920146176 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
18:16:10 T:140575920146176 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

I just found the solution.
Both search engines (IMDB & TMDB) were off.

Turned on the IMDB search engine and everything works just fine.

What are the differences between those two search engines?
Because in the other settings you can mix IMDB with TMBD settings.
I realize this is probably a newbie question but can you elaborate on "source settings not the addon settings" because I do not see "USA/International " anywhere for UMS or for the TMDb scraper....And I am desperately trying to scrape some French movies (amongst my English ones) to no avail... Sad

Thank you
(2014-02-04, 02:00)kitaro Wrote: I realize this is probably a newbie question but can you elaborate on "source settings not the addon settings" because I do not see "USA/International " anywhere for UMS or for the TMDb scraper....And I am desperately trying to scrape some French movies (amongst my English ones) to no avail... Sad

Thank you

Home>Video>Files. Highlight the source you want to change settings for and open contextual menu ("c" on keyboard).

Window appearance may vary slightly with skin.

Select "Edit Source".

You can edit the name and file path here.
Select "OK" when ready.

Enter Directory Contents type.
Select scraper (UMS)
Click on "Settings"

These are the settings for UMS. Language is shown.
Click "OK" when done with settings.
Click "ADD" after all adjustments are finished.

Hope this helps. This is where source settings must be adjusted.

Edit: If you want to use different settings for scraping the french films you can set them up as a separate source folder with its own custom scraper settings.
Thank you for the MUCH appreciated detailed information wgstarks... :-)

Unfortunately no scraper is working with any of my French movies...I have tried both the UMS and the TMDb scrapers...

And like I said previously I know for a fact that the movies I am trying to scrape are on the respective sites...So I am at a loss here...

Could it be it is because they are Adult movies...?
(2014-02-04, 12:58)kitaro Wrote: Thank you for the MUCH appreciated detailed information wgstarks... :-)

Unfortunately no scraper is working with any of my French movies...I have tried both the UMS and the TMDb scrapers...

And like I said previously I know for a fact that the movies I am trying to scrape are on the respective sites...So I am at a loss here...

Could it be it is because they are Adult movies...?

Have you tried using an NFO file (wiki). Just paste the imdb url into the file.
Make sure you refresh the movie after you create the file and see if it scrapes. If it doesn't work you need to post a link to a Debug log (wiki).
Thank you for the feedback/advice wgstarks...Much appreciated... :-)

Just tried creating NFO files as per the wiki instructions...Still nothing...

Added the url file to 3 test movies from IMDB (1) and also TMDB (2)...Nothing...Actually that is not entirely true...One movie got scraped incorrectly...

I am so frustrated/confused with this...
I believe only imdb url's will work.
And funny enough that is the one that scraped incorrectly...

Something tells me this has more to do with the UMS and/or TMDb scrapers not scraping adult movies...I could be wrong but it's a gut feeling...

I contacted TMDb support about it and they said their site makes all movies in their database regardless of genre available to scrapers and the problem lies with the scraper itself...
You should post the Debug log (wiki).
I followed instruction to create Debug log twice...Now waiting for e-mails to arrive...
As previously mentioned I created 2 Debug logs and everything seem to go just fine aka as per instructions...and...Nothing...No logs e-mailed to me either times...

I do have physical access to the log but have no idea what you specifically want to see...Besides I read it is not a good idea to post the whole thing on here...
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9