• 143(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
That's probably because of the way home page is skinned in Quartz vs how RPi is rendering GUI. However, not all is about low CPU usage.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ok, just added optional episode posters and skin widgets support. Have a few other things to improve and I'll send an update. Next stop - gothamSmile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi there,

I've just started using this skin on my Pi in the bedroom. There seems to be two things that are annoying me that I thought i'd bring up, both having to do with PVR OSD.

When watching a channel in fullscreen, selecting up/down changes the channel... This is suppose to bring up OSD Info if "show channel information when switching channels" is selected in Live TV settings. This does not work in Quartz. This seems to be a common thing with a lot of skins, people seem to be missing this when developing their skins... makes it impossible to know what channel your changing to when pushing up/down.

Also the OSD channel list seems rather small.. Would be good if it could take up a little more of the screen to reveal more channels. Of course this is just personal opinion... Just thought i'd share.

Hope this helps.

Loggio.
(2014-02-07, 08:25)loggio Wrote: When watching a channel in fullscreen, selecting up/down changes the channel... This is suppose to bring up OSD Info if "show channel information when switching channels" is selected in Live TV settings. This does not work in Quartz. This seems to be a common thing with a lot of skins, people seem to be missing this when developing their skins... makes it impossible to know what channel your changing to when pushing up/down.

Right. Problem here is I don't use PVR. For the things I use myself I have rather clear vision how to solve UI. Thus, it would be nice to have more feedback but people just don't bother with it.

As for switching channels, my TV behaves the same - no info is shown and you know what channel you're watching because there's a channel logo somewhere on the screen. Right?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Are you referring to the crappy watermark on most tv channels? Then yes there is a logo...

However, in live tv settings there is an option to delay channel switches, this allows you to cycle the OSD info of the channels before you land on one you want to watch.

See confluence for reference on how this works.

Hope this helps.
Loggio.
(2014-02-07, 13:55)loggio Wrote: Are you referring to the crappy watermark on most tv channels? Then yes there is a logo...

Crappy or not you should know where you are.

Quote:However, in live tv settings there is an option to delay channel switches, this allows you to cycle the OSD info of the channels before you land on one you want to watch.

See confluence for reference on how this works.

From where I stand this should work like this. You switch channels and follow crappy logos. This is sufficient for some. Others press "I", get channel info and then can cycle through different channels info until satisfied. When satisfied, they press OK and channel gets switched. If not, they press "BACK", and info closes. All the time TV broadcast stays active until channel switch is confirmed or called out.

If this is how it is actually implemented right now - delay channel switching - I'll skin it up.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Unfortunately that's not how it works.

The osd info is suppose to appear when pressing up/down or channel up/channel down (as long as the 'show info on channel change' is selected in settings)...

And also, with a delay set In settings, instead of the channel changing straight away, it delays the change allowing you to cycle through the osd info of each channel befor finding a channel and program that you want to watch, at this point you simply stop scrolling and wait for the delay to time out, then it will initiate a change.

There is no pressing ok, or i.

If I try what you suggested above "pressing i, cycling, then pressing ok" that does not work.
If you don't select 'show channel info when switching' you will end up with the way you currently have it.

Hope this helps.

Great skin by the way, loving it the more I use it.
You've nailed it on simplicity!
hello people

love the skin since discovering it many months ago. however, last night out of the blue the cursor started to disappear whenever above float areas (hope that makes sense... effectively, its only visible on the top half of the home screen... the floats are still active & clickable bottom half, but no cursor suddenly)

checked other skins, power-cycled the pi, etc & all else fine
(2014-02-09, 12:07)thefamousnomo Wrote: hello people

love the skin since discovering it many months ago. however, last night out of the blue the cursor started to disappear whenever above float areas (hope that makes sense... effectively, its only visible on the top half of the home screen... the floats are still active & clickable bottom half, but no cursor suddenly)

checked other skins, power-cycled the pi, etc & all else fine

Need a screenshot or a photo of a screen, please. Are you on Frodo or Gotham release of XBMC?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

hello, sorry for delay... build is 12.2, up-to-date for raspbmc afaik

NOTICE: Starting XBMC (12.2 Git:20131204-5a51fa8), Platform: Linux (Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy), 3.10.21 armv6l). Built on Dec 28 2013

heres a wee video with some bizarre background music (the real soundtrack was full of kids coughing and me roaring at them to stop coughing...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNXK9rKR1yg

as i say, just started happening out of the blue last night
Mouse usage is not really recommended but nevertheless this is what I have on Frodo 12.3:

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko,

Just a quick note to tell you the recent change for an episode screen shot to a series fanart when in the home screen and highlighting the tv shows section is a very nice touch and looks way better in my opinion.

We use quartz on all three of our XBMC installs around the house and use it everyday as it is totally wife and kid user friendly.

Keep up the great work, its a fantastic skin and you should be proud of your work.

Jayzirl in Ireland.
Thanks, appreciated here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

yeah man, thats pretty much what it was before the other night, cursor was always visible, even over floats... the only issue is i have an old telly using composite so have to calibrate the video after every restart... this used to be easy when the cursor was visible, but now its a bit of a chore...

any ideas what has caused this, and any way i could roll it back? until i get a new telly i might have to check out other skins that are a bit more mouse friendly if not...

still, would miss quartz...
(2014-02-09, 23:04)thefamousnomo Wrote: yeah man, thats pretty much what it was before the other night, cursor was always visible, even over floats... the only issue is i have an old telly using composite so have to calibrate the video after every restart... this used to be easy when the cursor was visible, but now its a bit of a chore...

any ideas what has caused this, and any way i could roll it back? until i get a new telly i might have to check out other skins that are a bit more mouse friendly if not...

still, would miss quartz...[/align]

Quartz was updated last night so your skin got reloaded. I can try to roll back but I doubt it would get any better. Worth a try I guess.

However, you can try clicking on horizontal bar (main menu) and it should sync your shelf with submenu items. Or you can try with a keyboard instead of a mouse?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12