• 7(current)
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)
(2013-05-18, 23:47)thewarm Wrote: Glad you like the theme

Hi thewarm.

Been using your theme for a while now and just want to thank you again. Its excellent.

My movies have the UK certification ratings and I also have the imdb top 250 ranking on. Both of these icons aren't themed. Would it be possible to have them themed also? If not, no problem.

Cheers

Do they show up when using a default Metropolis theme?
My understanding of themes is that if an icon is called for by XBMC and it is not in the "theme texture" file, it will look for it in the original textures.xbt file. So if the icons do work in the default Metropolis theme, they should work with mine...

If you are feeling brave, you could do what I did... download the Metropolis 2.6.3 theme from the GIT, extract it to your drive, and modify the images yourself with a graphics program. I use paint.NET (free).

I am posting a "complete" texture file that includes all of the original artwork from Metropolis plus my mods. It can replace the original textures.xbt if you don't want to switch to Glass, Leather...etc. Or, just rename it to Metro or Metrodark and add it to the media folder. PS, I added the original icons back. new Textures file

Hope this helps.
(2013-05-30, 13:13)thewarm Wrote: Do they show up when using a default Metropolis theme?
My understanding of themes is that if an icon is called for by XBMC and it is not in the "theme texture" file, it will look for it in the original textures.xbt file. So if the icons do work in the default Metropolis theme, they should work with mine...

If you are feeling brave, you could do what I did... download the Metropolis 2.6.3 theme from the GIT, extract it to your drive, and modify the images yourself with a graphics program. I use paint.NET (free).

I am posting a "complete" texture file that includes all of the original artwork from Metropolis plus my mods. It can replace the original textures.xbt if you don't want to switch to Glass, Leather...etc. Or, just rename it to Metro or Metrodark and add it to the media folder. PS, I added the original icons back. new Textures file

Hope this helps.

Hi

The movies certification ratings have never been themed since I changed it to get UK ratings. I use the Universal Movie scraper to get the UK rating from IMDb. I guess I'm in the minority getting the UK ratings Smile. Not a big deal they just looked out of place with your new icons being the same colour. Just some mild OCD kicking in. Smile All looks good with the coloured icons though. I have been using the grey theme and your metrodark with the metro colours as a sort of hybrid theme which works well. So I got the original coloured icons but with the metro touch to the theme.

I have replaced the textures file with the new one but the icons are the same. I have renamed it to Metro and I can see certain things have changed like the default images and the watched tick so I must have done it right but the icons are the same?

Maybe one day I'll be brave and get round to learning how to do some of this myself!

Cheers
I "themed" the icons requested. I also restored the watched icon. I made some changes to the drop-down and pop-up "dialogs"...

You can get it here newest Metro texture file

(2013-05-31, 16:17)thewarm Wrote: I "themed" the icons requested. I also restored the watched icon. I made some changes to the drop-down and pop-up "dialogs"...

You can get it here newest Metro texture file

Thanks dude

Sent you a PM
I changed the 'background' image for my metro theme to match the custom Pandora skin I made. I drop the edge from the bottom part of the screen. It looks quite different from the standard Metropolis...

and I switched to Yahoo weather (note, only 2 lines of info on the left... no UV Index available from Yahoo)

My Pandora mod

I love Metropolis. But I just can't help playing...
Hi All,
I created a Christmas theme for metropolis. I didn't create it from forking GIT or anything, just downloaded the zip of the skin source and played around. Here is the xbt file:
Christmas.xbt
I stole the frames from steampunk, and changed their color to Christmas green. Also stole the icon shapes from steampunk but placed them on Christmas presents instead of parchments.
Brand new buttons, osd buttons, settings pictures, background, dialog backgrounds, and home art.

If anyone wants to get more Christmas in their XBMC, here is a thread that shows how to get falling snow over your screen.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1559500

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas
(2013-08-19, 01:44)thewarm Wrote: I changed the 'background' image for my metro theme to match the custom Pandora skin I made. I drop the edge from the bottom part of the screen. It looks quite different from the standard Metropolis...

I love Metropolis. But I just can't help playing...

(2013-11-26, 09:29)sfontes Wrote: Hi All,
I created a Christmas theme for metropolis. I didn't create it from forking GIT or anything, just downloaded the zip of the skin source and played around. Here is the xbt file:
Christmas.xbt

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

Nice work! It's been a while since I've been able to login; it's great to see this still being worked on!

-stoli-
did anyone ever get the extended weather in?
Not yet, no. I'm planning on sitting down with Metropolis again over the holidays to make it Gotham-ready, but honestly my time is limited now so I don't know if I'll get to the extended weather thing yet. Will try, though.
(2013-12-02, 17:44)jingai Wrote: Not yet, no. I'm planning on sitting down with Metropolis again over the holidays to make it Gotham-ready, but honestly my time is limited now so I don't know if I'll get to the extended weather thing yet. Will try, though.

This is GREAT news. Metropolis is, by far, my favorite skin and, even though things are misaligned, I still use it with the Gotham builds.
(2013-12-02, 17:44)jingai Wrote: Not yet, no. I'm planning on sitting down with Metropolis again over the holidays to make it Gotham-ready, but honestly my time is limited now so I don't know if I'll get to the extended weather thing yet. Will try, though.
I created some extended weather screens for metropolis as shown below. I used a lot of tags that are only available in Gotham though, so they won't work in Frodo. I don't think my changes will break Frodo, the screens just won't work, so you can still use the regular weather screens. I tried to get in just about every piece of information available from the weather underground addon.

The files are available in Github at https://github.com/smfontes/Metropolis in the extendedweather branch.
The files I changed are:
720p/Font.xml
720p/Includes_Homedeck.xml
720p/Includes_Variables.xml
720p/MyWeather.xml
720p/SkinSettings.xml
language/English/strings.po

You can grab them from there and put them in your XBMC/addons/skin.metropolis directory

This is my first try at contributing to a skin, so I'm not sure what comes next. Do you want me to submit a pull request? I have no idea how to get the new strings I added translated to other languages.

Here are the screenshots:

(2014-02-10, 08:35)sfontes Wrote: I created some extended weather screens for metropolis as shown below. I used a lot of tags that are only available in Gotham though, so they won't work in Frodo. I don't think my changes will break Frodo, the screens just won't work, so you can still use the regular weather screens. I tried to get in just about every piece of information available from the weather underground addon.

Looks good at first glance, thank you! I'll look over the changes today and get them merged in as soon as I can.

(2014-02-10, 08:35)sfontes Wrote: This is my first try at contributing to a skin, so I'm not sure what comes next. Do you want me to submit a pull request? I have no idea how to get the new strings I added translated to other languages.

I'll pull the changes in by hand, so you don't need to submit the PR unless you just want to.

As for the translations, that happens thru transifex and isn't something either of us need to be concerned with.

Thanks again!
sfontes,
wow that is amazing. this makes me want to start playing with gotham. it is also inspiring, as i am just starting to experiment with skin modding. thought i am starting with theme ideas i have. small moves, small moves.

thank you.
@sfontes, your changes have been merged in. Thanks again for the excellent work!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)2