• 3(current)
Release Dropbox addon
Ah, thanks for the heads up. Told you I was a noob...
Hi.
I'm using the test version of this addon with openelec in my raspberry pi.

It seems to me that the synchronization works just the first time after a boot.

If later i add other files to the folder to be syncronized they will never be downloaded until the next boot.

If you need log file or that i make other test, just tell me.

Thanks
hi
first ,thanks for this addon
second , i have a dropbox folder with some .strm inside , when i try to read them by video/addon i can see them but can't read
is there a way to launch strm files directly without download ?
thanks again
Great addon.. I have "do not cache(stream video and music files)" checked under setttings.. but unable to open .mpg video from dropbox.. when i click on it, nothing happens.. any help will be appreciated..
thanks Smile
(2014-01-30, 08:45)giovaorama Wrote: Hi.

If later i add other files to the folder to be syncronized they will never be downloaded until the next boot.

Thanks
In the mean time I have fixed some issues. I recall also an issue were files were not synced anymore. So I think it will work in next release. The next release will come soon, next week I hope...

(2014-02-03, 13:16)freddy_krueger Wrote: hi
second , i have a dropbox folder with some .strm inside , when i try to read them by video/addon i can see them but can't read
thanks again
The reason why .strm files are not cached/streamed by the addon is because they are not recongnized by Dropbox. All the files which are cashed/streamed from Dropbox are the file which are known to Dropbox as video, music or picture files. See also this link on the files which are known to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/help/6/en
I'm sorry but the only option is to download them first. I think it might work when you sync the files locally to XBMC (the new sync feature of the addon). You can select a specific directory from Dropbox to sync locally.

(2014-02-04, 02:23)shivup Wrote: Great addon.. I have "do not cache(stream video and music files)" checked under setttings.. but unable to open .mpg video from dropbox.. when i click on it, nothing happens.. any help will be appreciated..
thanks Smile
It should be possible to stream a .mpg file. This one is recognized by Dropbox. Could you send me your xbmc.log file (preferably with debug log level) to see what is going on. Thanks.
(2014-02-04, 18:51)josetaza Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 08:45)giovaorama Wrote: Hi.

Thanks
In the mean time I have fixed some issues. I recall also an issue were files were not synced anymore. So I think it will work in next release. The next release will come soon, next week I hope...

(2014-02-03, 13:16)freddy_krueger Wrote: I have tried what you say.now when i launch xbmc a pop up appear "dropbox synchronising 0/48" but stay at 0

hi
thanks again
The reason why .strm files are not cached/streamed by the addon is because they are not recongnized by Dropbox. All the files which are cashed/streamed from Dropbox are the file which are known to Dropbox as video, music or picture files. See also this link on the files which are known to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/help/6/en
I'm sorry but the only option is to download them first. I think it might work when you sync the files locally to XBMC (the new sync feature of the addon). You can select a specific directory from Dropbox to sync locally.

(2014-02-04, 02:23)shivup Wrote: Great addon.. I have "do not cache(stream video and music files)" checked under setttings.. but unable to open .mpg video from dropbox.. when i click on it, nothing happens.. any help will be appreciated..
thanks Smile
It should be possible to stream a .mpg file. This one is recognized by Dropbox. Could you send me your xbmc.log file (preferably with debug log level) to see what is going on. Thanks.
I'm sorry to say that,but i've round a better way
I use dropsynch app from playstore ,this app synchronize the folder i want use in my android tv stick every selected minutes in background
next i add this folder as movie source in xbmc , all i have to do is scan for new content and voila
although thanks for your work
The developer suggests to use the native Dropbox app if available.

Unfortunately this is not my case (raspberry pi + openelec)
Yes that is correct, it is better to use the Dropbox app to sync if it is available on your platform. That is a much better working and more stable! Creating a good synchronization app is not simple and I'm thinking about leaving it as a one way sync only. I don't want to be responsible for files/dirs that get accidentally deleted or creating a mess on peoples Dropbox accounts. Even though Dropbox has a fairly good history/revert mechanism. Confused
With this one way sync, as implemented now, it will not give problems like that.

On 4 February I have released a new version (0.6.3). If you have the addon installed it should automatically update to the new version. If not you can download it from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc-dropbox/
Hi,

I'm on raspbmc - I get to step 8 but the last popup doesn't come up to let me close the webviewer. I see on dropbox.com that I'm signed in but it does say there's an error. I've tried going back to close to the web viewer, and I've tried rebooting right after I have allowed access without closing the webviewer but every time I open dbmc it asks me to log in to allow access....any ideas?
(2014-02-12, 19:29)taltal13 Wrote: Hi,

I'm on raspbmc - I get to step 8 but the last popup doesn't come up to let me close the webviewer. I see on dropbox.com that I'm signed in but it does say there's an error. I've tried going back to close to the web viewer, and I've tried rebooting right after I have allowed access without closing the webviewer but every time I open dbmc it asks me to log in to allow access....any ideas?
I just checked the login procedure and I see that step 8 indeed doesn't work like described. I will check what is going on...
However, my login was successful even though I didn't get the popup! When the last web-page was shown (just after pressing the allow button), I pressed the esc-key and the access code was still saved. I could browse my dropbox account after that.

On the last web-page, if you scroll down you should see something like "Enter this code into Dbmc (XBMC Plugin) to finish the process...". if you press the esc-key the code is still saved.

This is now solved in version 0.6.5!
Dbmc (version 0.7.0) has been added to the official XBMC repositories!
See also: http://addons.xbmc.org/show/plugin.dbmc/
FYI, Videos(streaming) dont play on Linux XBMC (XBMCBuntu 12.2), They play on android XBMC Smile
Hi,
The synchronization works just the first time after the boot.

Version 0.7.0 on openelec 3.2.4
I would like to start a slide show automatically when the system reboots. I would appreciate some direction how to go about scripting this. Thanks

Is there a way to change the length of time each slide displays? Also can i turn off the 'motion' effect when the slide displays? Thanks for any help
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropbox addon2