• 56(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
I get the error when I try to start the addon:
Quote:XML or text declaration not at start of entity: line 1, column 1.
(2014-02-04, 20:21)janpfo Wrote: I get the error when I try to start the addon:
Seems that this may happen during the skin patching process. Which skin are you using? Also, a full pastebin of the log file may show more details about the error.
(2014-02-04, 22:05)mazkolain Wrote:
(2014-02-04, 20:21)janpfo Wrote: I get the error when I try to start the addon:
Seems that this may happen during the skin patching process. Which skin are you using? Also, a full pastebin of the log file may show more details about the error.

I'm using the Aeon NOX 5 Gotham skin, but changing back to Confluence fixes the problem Smile
I also didn't use this addon as much due to the music background not being available. (Been using APR with iPad as a remote). Thanks for the great update. Works fine and I like how I can scroll through my playlist within XBMC GUI, even better + no playback issues. Thank you.
Trying to get this up and running. Pardon if this has already been covered. Here is pertinent logfile:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=127336

I'm getting a script failed to load error. Any help would be appreciated.
Just discovered this add-on, and it's working great on my XBMC Gotham set-up. Thanks for the great work!
(2014-02-05, 10:24)janpfo Wrote: I'm using the Aeon NOX 5 Gotham skin, but changing back to Confluence fixes the problem Smile
Seems that this skin has some characters before the XML declaration that prevent Spotimc parsing it. This is an easy fix, and it hopefully will be included on the next snapshot.

(2014-02-08, 22:15)bakha Wrote: Trying to get this up and running. Pardon if this has already been covered. Here is pertinent logfile:

Please note that Spotimc is not compatible with android at this moment. Future releases may add experimental support for this platform, but some fixes need to be made in order to bring Android support to a decent state.
(2014-02-09, 22:44)mazkolain Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 10:24)janpfo Wrote: I'm using the Aeon NOX 5 Gotham skin, but changing back to Confluence fixes the problem Smile
Seems that this skin has some characters before the XML declaration that prevent Spotimc parsing it. This is an easy fix, and it hopefully will be included on the next snapshot.

(2014-02-08, 22:15)bakha Wrote: Trying to get this up and running. Pardon if this has already been covered. Here is pertinent logfile:

Please note that Spotimc is not compatible with android at this moment. Future releases may add experimental support for this platform, but some fixes need to be made in order to bring Android support to a decent state.

Thanks for letting me know, Mazkolain. I appreciate knowing that it's not user error. I really hope you get this going on Android in the near future, as I am an avid Spotify user and having it in my media center would be huge for me.
(2014-02-03, 18:11)mazkolain Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 12:00)Frank-NL Wrote: Thank you for the update!

If you start Spotimc using the Xperience1080 skin now it breaks the panels. Need to restart XBMC to fix that. It was working with beta4. I am launching it from the addons panel. Can I provide logs or anything? Or maybe you can try to replicate with this skin since it's hard to explain...
I tried replicating this issue with Xperience1080 (plus too) but didn't notice anything strange. I configured Spotimc both on the music panel and on favourites, and it was able to launch/minimize/close fine under both Frodo and Gotham. I will need a log file or even a screenshot of how the panels look with that issue.

Thanks for reporting!

I am launching it via the Addons panel, which may be causing this. It does work indeed when I launch it from my favourites. Maybe that helps with replicating. When I have more time this weekend I will make some screenshots and logs available to you.
Hi, I am trying this addon and it runs great in Gotham and Aeon MQ5. I love the possibility to play music in the background. However, I have one small issue with it.

If I stay at the XBMC menu it is great, but if I enter fullscreen playback (where I can see the lyrics and so on), the audio stops after a few seconds. There is no crash, and the progress bar shows that the playback is going on, but no sound. If I select another song from the playlist within that view, it plays for a few seconds and then the audio stops again. It always plays around 6 or 7 seconds before stopping.

Is it just me or is it a general bug? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks for the awesome work!
Hi all,

@carlosvl
same problem for me, just this minute i wanted to write the same...

I am Running Openelec 3.06

Tom
Try turning off lyrics in full screen mode. That fixed it for me. I read earlier in this thread (post 819) that its a known bug.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-02-14, 21:14)DBMandrake Wrote: Try turning off lyrics in full screen mode. That fixed it for me. I read earlier in this thread (post 819) that its a known bug.

Thanks! It was indeed the lyrics script. However, you do not need to completely disable it:
"You'll have to change an specific setting on the lyrics script in order to avoid this issue (tested with script.cu.lrclyrics). On the lyrics script's settings page, make sure the option "Search for embedded lyrics" of the "Scrapers" tab is disabled."

Awesome addon!
(2014-02-14, 21:14)DBMandrake Wrote: Try turning off lyrics in full screen mode. That fixed it for me. I read earlier in this thread (post 819) that its a known bug.

thx!!!

also worked for me
Every time I start playing music in a playlist spotimc stops playing after the first track. I've tried all settings (repeat, shuffle etc.), but it still won't work. Help?

Experienced this both in beta 4 and beta 5.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32