• 14(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
(2013-03-15, 18:35)garethjscoleman Wrote: As a next step would you like me to submit my changes as a github pull request?

Sure!
Just send a pull request.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2013-03-15, 19:01)Beenje Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 18:35)garethjscoleman Wrote: As a next step would you like me to submit my changes as a github pull request?

Sure!
Just send a pull request.

sorry for the delay in sorting this - work and family got in the way I'm afraid.

I just sent the pull request but then realised I may have missed adding a setting to allow the option to be disabled (and the corresponding logic to support that in the addon.py)

let me know if you want me to fix this.

Gareth
(2013-03-19, 23:38)garethjscoleman Wrote: sorry for the delay in sorting this - work and family got in the way I'm afraid.

No problem. Will try to look at it as soon as I have some time as well!
I just pushed to the official repo v2.2.2 with your pull request.
I just did some cosmetics changes.

Thanks a lot!
I've been using your EyeTV Parser for quite a long time now and things are all stable and working as they should. The problem described may not relate to EyeTV Parser at all...

I am trying to find a root cause as to why EyeTV Parser will not play certain recordings?! Do you have any good advice here? Is the problem a bad recording? The ones that don't work in XBMC work fine when playing directly from the EyeTV software on my iMac.

I've added a xbmc.log to Pastebin, both with a working file and with a non-working file. http://pastebin.com/CM6rgSmH

Here the problem arises with AFP, but it's the same when using NFS.

Furthermore, my recordings are not placed on an external USB hard drive connected to my Synology, but previously, the recordings resided directly on the iMac. Same problem.
(2013-11-18, 23:40)tenzion Wrote: I've been using your EyeTV Parser for quite a long time now and things are all stable and working as they should. The problem described may not relate to EyeTV Parser at all...

I am trying to find a root cause as to why EyeTV Parser will not play certain recordings?! Do you have any good advice here? Is the problem a bad recording? The ones that don't work in XBMC work fine when playing directly from the EyeTV software on my iMac.

I've added a xbmc.log to Pastebin, both with a working file and with a non-working file. http://pastebin.com/CM6rgSmH

Here the problem arises with AFP, but it's the same when using NFS.

Furthermore, my recordings are not placed on an external USB hard drive connected to my Synology, but previously, the recordings resided directly on the iMac. Same problem.

To find out if it's a plugin problem or XBMC problem, you should try to play the file directly in XBMC.
Use Videos->Files, go to your EyeTV Archive directory, enter the ".eyetv" directory you can't play with the addon and try to play the ".mpg" file.
If that doesn't work, you should post in the XBMC Mac OSX support forum with a full debug log and the media info for the file that fails to play.
If it works in XBMC, but not with the add-on, you can report back here.
Thanks for the reply.
I've tested with direct play via Videos-->Files-->EyeTV Archive and it works with the file in question and also other files that won't play via the EyeTV Parser.

How can I assist in debugging and provide help to hopefully find a solution?

Thanks again.
1. You can send me a full debug log (don't cut anything) where you:
- start XBMC, go to Videos-->Files-->EyeTV Archive and play a file that usually doesn't work in the plugin (you can stop after about 20 seconds)
- start the EyeTV Parser plugin, and try to play the same file
Give me the pastebin link and filename you tried to play.

2. I remember problems with filenames including ":". Do the files that don't work have ":" in the title?
If so, change the name of the recording in the EyeTV app (remove the ":") and try to play it again.
I'm running EyeTV 3.6.4, and am trying to get its recordings to work with the EyeTV Parser running on my AppleTV running Crystalbuntu (with broadcom crystalhd card).

The parser wants a path to EyeTV Archive.xml, but that file doesn't seem to exist on my mac's hard drive anywhere. Does EyeTV no longer make this file? I'm recording programs just fine, and there are many successful recordings, so EyeTV appears to be functional as far as I can tell, I've got a folder its made that's full of files ending in .eyetvsched and .eyetv, but there's no "EyeTV Archive.xml" file anywhere on my system that I can find.

Another file mentioned in this forum that I can't find anywhere, "~/Library/Application\ Suppport/ETV\ Comskip/MarkCommercials.app/Contents/Resources/comskip.ini" or "/Library/Application\ Suppport/ETV\ Comskip/MarkCommercials.app/Contents/Resources/comskip.ini". Doesn't appear to exist.

Has EyeTV stopped creating files that the parser uses?

Thanks for any help or information.
(2014-02-14, 04:59)czyz Wrote: The parser wants a path to EyeTV Archive.xml, but that file doesn't seem to exist on my mac's hard drive anywhere. Does EyeTV no longer make this file? I'm recording programs just fine, and there are many successful recordings, so EyeTV appears to be functional as far as I can tell, I've got a folder its made that's full of files ending in .eyetvsched and .eyetv, but there's no "EyeTV Archive.xml" file anywhere on my system that I can find.

You won't be able to see the "EyeTV Archive.xml" using the Finder on your mac (it's hidden). But it is in the "EyeTV Archive" directory where you have all the .eyetvsched and .eyetv.

Just enable file sharing on your mac so that you can access this directory.
Look at this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid920079

Just ask if you need more help.
Setup for EyeTV Parser. I hope this is the correct place to post. I am unable to find any setup instructions for the plugin. I have it installed but not working, so my questions are

1. after install, how to configure?
2. config instructions for playing archive files?
3. config for playing live TV?
4. does this require another plugin?
5. if yes, which one is best for Mac?

I apologise if these seem like stupid questions but I am a fairly adept Mac user and I am unable to find these answers. Could the instructions be added to the Wiki?
ANY linkage or answers would be greatly appreciated

FYI, I am using a quad core Mac Mini on 10.9.1 with xBMC v12.3 and EyeTV software v3.6.5

Thank you

Adam
(2014-02-23, 03:45)agentofkaos Wrote: Setup for EyeTV Parser. I hope this is the correct place to post. I am unable to find any setup instructions for the plugin. I have it installed but not working, so my questions are

1. after install, how to configure?
2. config instructions for playing archive files?
3. config for playing live TV?
4. does this require another plugin?
5. if yes, which one is best for Mac?

I apologise if these seem like stupid questions but I am a fairly adept Mac user and I am unable to find these answers. Could the instructions be added to the Wiki?
ANY linkage or answers would be greatly appreciated

1. Do a right click on the add-on and select "Add-on settings". This is the same for all add-ons.
2. In the "Recordings" tab, enter the path of the "EyeTV Archive" directory.
3. See under "Live TV" tab. You need to enable iPhone access in the EyeTV software preferences.
You can try to see if it's working in Safari. Enter this address (in Safari): http://localhost:2170/eyetv/
4. No

Adding instructions to the wiki is a very good idea.
I will try to do it (not much time right now), but if you make it work, don't hesitate to describe that on the wiki!
Is EyeTV parser compatible with Gothan RC? I ask this because I have crashes and cannot pinpoint the cause.
(2014-05-04, 21:55)antoniong Wrote: Is EyeTV parser compatible with Gothan RC? I ask this because I have crashes and cannot pinpoint the cause.

I did a quick try with Gotham (released today) and didn't see any problem.

If you have crashes you should post a debug log in your platform forum.
Maybe someone can help me Smile I just got my eyetv hybrid today. had eyetv running in the background and can receive all my channels. However when I use the parser it just says server is unreachable. EyeTV and XBMC are running on the same machine. What do I put under EyeTV Server? It looks like I need to enter a location but don't know what to put. ANY help is appreciated!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3