• 96(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
Just disabled Plus and was able to watch Modern Family no problem with limelight set at the default CDN.
@moneymaker
I am using a 2 month Hulu+ trial acct. I set RD disabled (bc none of the fixes work for me).
With Hulu+ enabled, I get all shows listed that I get on the website in HD, however all of the links fail.
With Hulu+ disabled, I get only Hulu (not Hulu+) listings from the website in SD, and all of the links succeed.
so if i understand correctly, a summary of the responses since CDN changes is:
  • Using limelight as CDN with Hulu+ disabled works for some people, but not others. Is this a new geoblocking issue?
  • Other CDNs fail for everyone, due to version 2 SWF verification(?)
  • Some shows in some regions do not have limelight as a source
  • The addon version (bluecop vs beta plugin) does not seem to be a factor

Please correct anything i've got wrong
(2014-02-21, 14:20)tricky2lu Wrote: Hulu works fine for me

Windows 7 frodo 12.3

Use a Real Debrid account and log in with that

All hulu and Hulu Plus working with limelight setting 720p

How is this related to the Hulu Addon issue? You aren't directly logging into Hulu. Do you have Subscriptions, Queues and such when you use a third party to access Hulu? Not trying to be difficult here but this sounds similar to sharing accounts redirected through another party. Seems like a grey area to me ...

You can run Hulu Plus when you run XBMC under windows 8 via Advanced Launcher. Of course you have to then deal with ads.

Philip
It's related to the Hulu add-on because the Hulu add-on has support for logging in via real-debrid. This gets you Hulu+ content and HD. You are right though, there's no subscriptions, queues (apart from the built-in que\playlist functionality that XBMC has) and such.... it pretty much is going through a middleman to get Hulu+ access which only gets you access to the streams with no frills.

Honestly, using this plugin seems a grey area as well because with it we bypass ads. At least with real-debrid some of us have restored the ability to watch Hulu+ content in HD via the XBMC interface in the meantime. I tend to use the XBMC favorites menu to "bookmark" shows and movies that I'd like to see.

By the way, using the native logging into Hulu+ I don't think limelight is working for anyone. Some of us like myself are in the USA so it can't be a geoblocking thing. No matter what I tried I couldn't get limelight to work with Hulu+ and the native Hulu account support in the Hulu add-on.
@smoke_tetsu: How are you able to make rd work? Mine stopped working several months ago, none of the dif forum fixes worked for me, even the mod on the rd forum.
@d2a2:

i think you've got it!

the only confusing one for me is:
Quote:Other CDNs fail for everyone, due to version 2 SWF verification(?)

from the testing, EDGECAST CDN does not seem to be affected by the SWF Verification, per-se... seems to be failing later in the process due to something else.
just the Level3 CDN seems to request this new verification.

@Spantastik has summed it up pretty well -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1633542
and you can check my logs concerning Level3 v. EDGECAST -- http://pastebin.com/KD7SjyCG
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-02-24, 17:17)locomot1f Wrote: @d2a2:

i think you've got it!

the only confusing one for me is:
Quote:Other CDNs fail for everyone, due to version 2 SWF verification(?)

from the testing, EDGECAST CDN does not seem to be affected by the SWF Verification, per-se... seems to be failing later in the process due to something else.
just the Level3 CDN seems to request this new verification.

@Spantastik has summed it up pretty well -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1633542
and you can check my logs concerning Level3 v. EDGECAST -- http://pastebin.com/KD7SjyCG

Yeah, edgecast fails for an unknown reason, It will probably take someone with more rtmpdump experience to figure it out. Level3 will not work for anyone until the librtmp library used to fetch flash streams gets patched for version 2 SWF verification, which i dont think will happen any time soon.

(2014-02-24, 11:37)d2a2 Wrote: so if i understand correctly, a summary of the responses since CDN changes is:
  • Using limelight as CDN with Hulu+ disabled works for some people, but not others. Is this a new geoblocking issue?
  • Other CDNs fail for everyone, due to version 2 SWF verification(?)
  • Some shows in some regions do not have limelight as a source
  • The addon version (bluecop vs beta plugin) does not seem to be a factor

Please correct anything i've got wrong

1) Limelight seems to work for everyone if you disable hulu+, the error with plus enabled is "access denied" so i dont know why that is. Its not geoblocking, judging by the one log ive seen on the issue.

2) Level3 fails because of version 2, and will not work until the rtmpdump people and then subsequently librtmp people figure out how to do version 2 verification.

3) I dont think the sources are regional, but its possible. I havent seen any shows that dont have limelight as a source, but people have said some of the ones they watch dont have it. There have also been reports that when plus is enabled Limelight doesnt come up as a source anymore.

4) There is no difference between the beta and non-beta addon that would affect this particular issue. I uploaded a slightly modified .py file for the beta version a page or two back that will actually try to use Edgecast instead of just reporting that it is not supported. If anyone can get Edgecast to work then a log might enable us to get it working for everyone.
I am unable to install the Hulu addon with the XBMC nightly builds of Gotham, shows as incompatible. Is there a work around to get this installed or will I have to wait until this addon is updated, if ever?
(2014-02-24, 20:16)spanktastic2120 Wrote: 1) Limelight seems to work for everyone if you disable hulu+, the error with plus enabled is "access denied" so i dont know why that is. Its not geoblocking, judging by the one log ive seen on the issue.

not for me - and i've seen at least one other mention it i think. the error for me is access denied when a limelight stream is selected, despite having never used or enabled hulu plus. you could view the same stream however, so i have no guesses what the issue is. ah well...
Quote:4) There is no difference between the beta and non-beta addon that would affect this particular issue. I uploaded a slightly modified .py file for the beta version a page or two back that will actually try to use Edgecast instead of just reporting that it is not supported. If anyone can get Edgecast to work then a log might enable us to get it working for everyone.

i tried the patch for Edgecast. and it just spat out the same error.

@mrdally204 -- doesn't sound like you are using the hulu-beta version.
but yeah... once you've installed it... best of luck getting anything to play.
No, I have a few Frodo installs that have Hulu working though. I take it playback is broken in the Beta release (and the beta is required for Gotham, making it not functional at the moment)?

EDIT:

Just installed the Hulu Beta on the latest nightly, logged into my hulu account (not Plus), disabled pre-roll ads, commercial breaks etc, and fired up a few shows no problem. What issues are people seeing?
(2014-02-25, 04:02)mrdally204 Wrote: What issues are people seeing?

in a nutshell... Hulu Plus is broken, ATM.
some people are having trouble playing things with Hulu Plus deactivated.
(2014-02-24, 14:56)hfudge Wrote: @smoke_tetsu: How are you able to make rd work? Mine stopped working several months ago, none of the dif forum fixes worked for me, even the mod on the rd forum.

Didn't work for me at first either but I looked up support threads for real-debrid such as making sure direct download is checked in real-debrid settings on their site and had some trial and error and finally got it to work. I also downloaded a couple of support files from here for the hulu addon and applied them but I don't have the link to those handy (filenames where stream_debrid.py and debridroutines.py) .... sorry. After replacing those THEN it started working for me IIRC. But if you tried everything including those files there's not much I can tell you. I just know it works for me now... with a few caveats of course which I've already mentioned.

By the way... the slightly modified .py file for the beta version a page or two back.. didn't seem to help any for me.

And yeah, with Hulu Plus enabled Limelight is simply not a choice for me. When it's enabled I just get the sources choice menu when trying to play a video... with basically two choices. Neither of them being limelight.
OK - looks like my issues may have been tunlr related. tunlr has just gone offline never to return so i'll have to find myself a new DNS provider. I'll check back in once i've got a new solution in place...
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17