• 66(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
(2014-02-20, 22:56)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.51

Changes:
- Added 'Play YouTube Videos Internally' to Settings:Video (default: True)
- Added 'Max Video Quality' subsetting
- Fixed some language string spellings (British English)
- YouTube: Added the ability to view favorites via 'Subscriptions'
- YouTube: Now gets correct video author (Started By: ) and correct avatar for the video description post
- Fixed sorting on the forums manager
- YouTube: Added the ability to view subscriptions as a category when adding new channels

On my REPO.
Thanks ruuk all working brilliantly. Just off out as noticed new version Wink
Version 2.1.54

Changes 2.1.53:
- Moved youtube playing to WebViewer 0.9.16 (now uses youtube-dl for video URL extraction)

Changes 2.1.54:
- Changed WebViewer import requirement to 0.9.16

On my REPO.

The YouTube addon uses a lot of code from the youtube-dl project. I grabbed the guts of that project and made some minor modifications so I could drop it into WebViewer.
FB should now play more YouTube videos than the YouTube addon Smile
In my testing, after the change all of the videos I couldn't get to play before now play.
The youtube-dl library can actually extract the video URL from many sites. I'm planning on at least adding the option to play a link as a video in FB and WebViewer, which should allow a whole bunch more video types to be played.
Apple Trailers Test
Vimeo Test
YouTube Test
Metacafe test
Dailymotion test
CBS test

Some testing videos Smile
Those all work in FB. Looks like there are a couple hundred sites handled by youtube-dl, so that adds quite a lot of videos handled by FB and WebViewer now. I'll post an update soon.
Hi ruuk I have been messing around with Forum Browser's Youtube browser on and off most of the day, and it's brilliant, the 'Play YouTube Videos Internally' is much more reliable, some videos that didn't play on previous builds now play, and all the geo blocked Vevo video's play in HQ, but the Vevo video's don't have any audio see log the example video at start of log is Jennifer Lopez Vevo channel / upload / Same Girl, hopefully you can see something in the log.

Towards the end of the log I played your test video links you uploaded, most of them played, but the apple video trailer didn't play, I think the link you posted for this trailer doesn't work in a normal browser either, the CBS link I'm geo locked so can't test that one.

I have rapidly built a large collection of channels in a messy list, could you look into making folders for say comedy, sport, music to tidy up things a bit ?.

Also a download video option would be nice.

I've noticed that the "+" add forum button is a bit out of the way when adding channels, it's not a problem for me because I know where it is but for new users it could be difficult to find.

I'm not sure how to view my subscriptions as a category when adding new channels Confused

By the way the link you posted to youtube video Madness - Grey Day is one of my favourite songs Big Grin

Thannks ruuk Youtube browser is a cool new addition to Forum Browser.
(2014-02-23, 00:08)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk I have been messing around with Forum Browser's Youtube browser on and off most of the day, and it's brilliant, the 'Play YouTube Videos Internally' is much more reliable, some videos that didn't play on previous builds now play, and all the geo blocked Vevo video's play in HQ, but the Vevo video's don't have any audio see log the example video at start of log is Jennifer Lopez Vevo channel / upload / Same Girl, hopefully you can see something in the log.

Towards the end of the log I played your test video links you uploaded, most of them played, but the apple video trailer didn't play, I think the link you posted for this trailer doesn't work in a normal browser either, the CBS link I'm geo locked so can't test that one.

I have rapidly built a large collection of channels in a messy list, could you look into making folders for say comedy, sport, music to tidy up things a bit ?.

Also a download video option would be nice.

I've noticed that the "+" add forum button is a bit out of the way when adding channels, it's not a problem for me because I know where it is but for new users it could be difficult to find.

I'm not sure how to view my subscriptions as a category when adding new channels Confused

By the way the link you posted to youtube video Madness - Grey Day is one of my favourite songs Big Grin

Thannks ruuk Youtube browser is a cool new addition to Forum Browser.
Some quick notes:

Not all of the links in the test post will work for you, they should in the next update (try the CBS again on the next update just for fun)

I'll check into the no-sound issue. I had the same problem some youtube videos. There are quite a few formats available for each video, so I have to make it choose the right resolution and prefer videos that will work with sound as well. I may have already fixed it in the upcoming update, but I'll check the video you mentioned to see.

Viewing subscriptions requires authentication. That's on the forum settings for any YouTube channel you've added. Once you've authorized Forum Browser, it should show up at the top of the list of categories.

The download option is planned. The youtube-dl library is actually a command line downloader, so it is already designed for the task. Once I get the rest of the stuff stabilized I'll implement it.

Since I've also been adding a bunch of channels, I've thought the same thing. Not to mention that the point of having the options on line of the forum is to accent that they are acting on the selected forum, which the add forum + does not.

Folders on the forums list is a good idea. Added to my todo.
Version 2.1.55

Changes:
- Changed WebViewer import requirement to 0.9.17
- Now caches video info acquired when creating thumbnails
- Removed setting 'Play YouTube Videos Internally'
- Changed setting 'Max Video Quality' to 'Max Streaming Video Quality'
- Added setting 'Disable DASH Video (Recommended)' (default=True)

On my REPO.

This should clear up issues with no sound. Many of the formats from YouTube are MPEG-DASH and have the video and audio separate. Unfortunately most, if not all, 1080p videos are in this format. You should now be able to safely set the max video quality setting to 1080p and get the best video quality that has sound to play, which on YouTube will probably be less than 1080p. Videos from sites other than YouTube should be able to play at 1080p fine with sound (unless of course they use the same format).
For now, you can still view the 1080p videos without sound by un-checking the 'Disable DASH Video' setting.
Likely a future (or possibly current - I'm still trying to find out) version of XBMC will be able to handle the separated streams.
Version 2.1.56

Changes:
- Now shows status message in activity splash when getting video info
- Made activity splash larger
- Added media titles over media strip when focuses
- YouTube: Now shows channel background on forums view when available
- Added setting in Appearance category: Show Forum Specific Background

On my REPO.
Version 2.1.57

Changes:
- Moved video functions from WebViewer to new youtube-dl addon module and made the necessary changes to FB

On my REPO.

Nothing new here, just some internal changes.
Forum browser (and WebViewer) should be able to play videos from up to 240 sites now.

Here's a list of supported sites.

I moved all the youtube-dl code to it's own module so eventually others can use it. Most of the work I did was so that I can just drop new versions of youtube-dl into the module and update.
Version 2.1.59

Changes 2.1.58:
- Added missing requests2 module import

Changes 2.1.59:
- Added the ability to download videos
- Fix for broken scrolling on post view where the bottom of each page was not visible when the window was slid down and the media bar was visible
- YouTube: Fix for channels being added broken
- Improve window background placement

On my REPO.
Version 2.1.60

Changes:
- Improved video download progress dialog
- Added 'Download Complete' message including the downloaded file path
- Fixed bookmarks opening to the wrong post when post list has 'Previous Page'
- Credits on forums help must now be clicked to show a large text view to accomodate all the image attributions

On my REPO.
Version 2.1.61

Changes:
- Added the ability to create folders and add forums to folders in the forums manager
- Now when deleting a forum in the forums manager, focus drops to the item above it instead of the top of the list

On my REPO.

Folders are managed from the context menu.
Adding an item to a folder will make it only display in that folder
You can add an item to multiple folders and it will display in each
Favorites added to a folder will list in the folder and remain in the main listing
To download rtmp videos (such as CBS) you need rtmpdump installed on your system. On Ubuntu that's sudo apt-get install rtmpdump.
Videos will still play without it, but it's needed for downloading.
Version 2.1.62

Changes:
- Internal modifications to match youtube-dl module refactoring

On my REPO.

No visible changes here Smile
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5