• 31(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
(2014-02-26, 00:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: Don't know, works for me. Try again, if it enters a bootloop just revert the change to autostart.sh - no need to reformat anything.

But is it possible to do manually? Does it works? That's what i am trying to understand...

I will try again, but just to know.
Manually? You mean from the command line?

In Gotham, sure, just install the hacklib file and librtmp library as described (don't make any change to autostart.sh), then run "sh /storage/.config/hacklib" from the the command line, followed by "killall xbmc.bin" to restart xbmc so that it reloads using the modified librtmp. If you get a "bootloop" you'll need to check the xbmc.log for errors (upload it somewhere).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-26, 00:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: Manually? You mean from the command line?

In Gotham, sure, just install the hacklib file and librtmp library as described (don't make any change to autostart.sh), then run "sh /storage/.config/hacklib" from the the command line, followed by "killall xbmc.bin" to restart xbmc so that it reloads using the modified librtmp. If you get a "bootloop" you'll need to check the xbmc.log for errors (upload it somewhere).

sorry if i am totally noobie on this one...

So to make it clear.

On gotham, all i have to do is:

1- Copy the latest hacklib and put in on /storage/.config/
2- download the latest librtmp.so.0 and put it on /storage/lib/
3- run "sh /storage/.config/hacklib" (why do i need this) do i need it everytime i want to boot, or just one time?

If i reboot or turn off the pi, will xbmc always load the modified librtmp?

autorun.sh change is just needed before gotham?

thanks for clarification, and sorry for your time...
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes. As to why - because you asked to run it manually, so yes you'll need to do this every time you boot (that's why the instructions add the extra line to autostart.sh)

(2014-02-26, 01:10)tfouto Wrote: If i reboot or turn off the pi, will xbmc always load the modified librtmp?

Not unless you modify autostart.sh

(2014-02-26, 01:10)tfouto Wrote: autorun.sh change is just needed before gotham?

No, it's needed for both Frodo and Gotham.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
And all i have to do is create the autostart.sh with one line of code:

[ $PPID -eq 1 -a -f /storage/.config/hacklib ] && . /storage/.config/hacklib

Is that it?

Thanks
Note that the line you add to autostart.sh is the line specified in the instructions, NOT the line I've given for you to run hacklib manually.

Once you add the line to autostart.sh, you can check if it it has worked by looking at the OpenELEC Gotham system log with:
Code:
journalctl --no-pager -u xbmc-autostart.service

You should see something similar to the following:
Code:
-- Logs begin at Tue 2014-02-25 22:54:43 GMT, end at Tue 2014-02-25 23:16:52 GMT. --
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 systemd[1]: Starting XBMC user autostart script...
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 autostart.sh[417]: Adding 3rd Party libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH!
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 autostart.sh[427]: Mounting RAM-based /var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty - requesting 1896k
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 autostart.sh[449]: Succesfully updated /etc/profile.d
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 systemd[1]: Started XBMC user autostart script.

Note that I'm also using the "optional extra" mktmplib which uses RAM-based storage for the library, and which is really quite unnecessary (but there if you want it).

(2014-02-26, 01:17)tfouto Wrote: And all i have to do is create the autostart.sh with one line of code:

[ $PPID -eq 1 -a -f /storage/.config/hacklib ] && . /storage/.config/hacklib

Is that it?

Thanks

Yeah, pretty much. I prefer to include "#!/bin/sh" as the first line (as per step #2 of the instructions) but this first line isn't really essential.
Ok, thanks for the explanation.

I wonder why on windows is much easier, just replace the dll, and why openelec dont have an update feature librtmp, or xbmc by default.

I will look later for the mktmlib. Step by step for a newbie like me.

Thanks Smile
Because OpenELEC is designed to use a read-only filesystem, and updates like this would go against the whole philosophy of the system. Plus (and somewhat understandably) the OpenELEC developers don't want to support users who are using their own random replacement libraries, which then introduce bugs and weird behaviour.

The solution offered here is a hack, a fortuitous work around, and one that could stop working at any moment if the OpenELEC developers decide to change their boot process (hopefully they don't). So don't go raising any OpenELEC issues while using third-party libraries!
The log file to look at is:

02_System.log?

I cant find any entry like that:

altough i guess it work:

if i make find | grep librtmp.so.0:

OpenELEC:~ # find / | grep librtmp.so.0
/storage/lib/librtmp.so.0
/usr/lib/librtmp.so.0
/var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty/librtmp.so.0
(2014-02-26, 02:17)tfouto Wrote: The log file to look at is:

02_System.log?

No it's not.

(2014-02-26, 02:17)tfouto Wrote: I cant find any entry like that:

Once you have added the call to hacklib to autostart.sh, the above journalctl command will reveal the log entries that are output by the autostart.sh script (or unit, in systemd parlance).

However if you're still running hacklib "manually", you'll need to run the following command to see the log entries that were output by the hacklib script:
Code:
journalctl --no-pager | grep hacklib

If you don't see anything being output by journalctl then you're not installing the scripts correctly.

(2014-02-26, 02:17)tfouto Wrote: altough i guess it work:

/usr/lib/librtmp.so.0

All that proves is that you have created the /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0, it doesn't prove anything is "working" - you need to check the logs for that. (EDIT: I was wrong about this, the last line does in fact prove it is working - sorry)

Also, once you have run hacklib manually if you log in to OpenELEC a second time (this will NOT work in the original ssh session, unless you are starting hacklib from autostart.sh) and type "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH" you should see "/storage/lib" (or "/var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty" if using mktmplib) at the beginning of the text that is output - if you see "/usr/lib" at the beginning, you've installed the scripts incorrectly.
(2014-02-26, 02:32)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-26, 02:17)tfouto Wrote: The log file to look at is:

02_System.log?

No it's not.

(2014-02-26, 02:17)tfouto Wrote: I cant find any entry like that:

Once you have added the call to hacklib to autostart.sh, the above journalctl command will reveal the log entries that are output by the autostart.sh script (or unit, in systemd parlance).

However if you're still running hacklib "manually", you'll need to run the following command to see the log entries that were output by the hacklib script:
Code:
journalctl --no-pager | grep hacklib

If you don't see anything being output by journalctl then you're not installing the scripts correctly.

(2014-02-26, 02:17)tfouto Wrote: altough i guess it work:

/usr/lib/librtmp.so.0

All that proves is that you have created the /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0, it doesn't prove anything is "working" - you need to check the logs for that.

Also, once you have run hacklib manually if you log in to OpenELEC a second time (this will NOT work in the original ssh session, unless you are starting hacklib from autostart.sh) and type "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH" you should see "/storage/lib" at the beginning of the text that is output - if you see "/usr/lib" at the beginning, you've installed the scripts incorrectly.

OpenELEC:~ # journalctl --no-pager -u xbmc-autostart.service
-- Logs begin at Wed 2014-02-26 00:37:19 UTC, end at Wed 2014-02-26 00:42:37 UTC. --

the last line:
/var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty/librtmp.so.0 will not appear if i revert the autostart file...

Is not working? What i am supposed to see?
(2014-02-26, 02:45)tfouto Wrote: OpenELEC:~ # journalctl --no-pager -u xbmc-autostart.service
-- Logs begin at Wed 2014-02-26 00:37:19 UTC, end at Wed 2014-02-26 00:42:37 UTC. --

the last line:
/var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty/librtmp.so.0 will not appear if i revert the autostart file...

What last line? I have no idea what you are referring to.

1) Are you running hacklib manually (AS YOU ASKED TO BE ABLE TO DO) or from autostart.sh? I have no idea what you are doing anymore!
2) What happens when you run hacklib manually, what do you see? Are there any errors when you run this (there should be no output, just a short delay while it runs). Once it has run, what do you see in the log with "journalctl --no-pager | grep hacklib"?
3) Once you've confirmed it works "manually", add the line to autostart.sh and reboot - confirm the log entries are now present after booting with "journalctl --no-pager -u xbmc-autostart.service"
4) You should have no problems getting this to work if you follow the instructions in the original post EXACTLY - I'm at a loss how you've managed to not get this to work unless you've missed a step or taken one of your own short cuts.

(2014-02-26, 02:45)tfouto Wrote: What i am supposed to see?

I told you already in post #456.
This is what i did:

cd /storage/.config
curl -L http://is.gd/kBaTzY -o autostart.sh
curl -L http://is.gd/yQUqNm -o hacklib
curl -L http://is.gd/GJdaEY -o mktmplib

I have checked, all files are there...

I copied the last librtmp.so.0 to downloads, then:

cp /storage/downloads/librtmp.so.0 /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0

chmod 755 /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0
ln -s /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0 /storage/lib/librtmp.so

autostart disabled: add txt extension
/usr/lib/librtmp.so.0

autostart enabled:
/usr/lib/librtmp.so.0

i'll just give for now. Thanks anyway for your patience. Will try later. Need to sleep.
And you rebooted? Then it should be working.
i just dont see any of this:

-- Logs begin at Tue 2014-02-25 22:54:43 GMT, end at Tue 2014-02-25 23:16:52 GMT. --
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 systemd[1]: Starting XBMC user autostart script...
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 autostart.sh[417]: Adding 3rd Party libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH!
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 autostart.sh[427]: Mounting RAM-based /var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty - requesting 1896k
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 autostart.sh[449]: Succesfully updated /etc/profile.d
Feb 25 22:54:45 rpi512 systemd[1]: Started XBMC user autostart script.

I just get this:
-- Logs begin at Wed 2014-02-26 00:54:36 UTC, end at Wed 2014-02-26 01:00:28 UTC. --

but i have checked and addons which use rtmp dont hang xbmc, as they used to. If i disable autostart then it hangs again. (some specific streams)
So it seems to be working better...
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8