• 155(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Hi Guys,

Really strange issue on my Parents machine... Windows 7 XBMC 12.3 Everything was working fine until about a week ago but now when they choose a program they want to watch they click ok but no episodes are listed? I have updated it from 2.52 to 2.54 but no change, I have uninstalled it rebooted then installed 2.54 again fresh but still the same? Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Anyone? :-(
Hi Guys,

Really strange issue on my Parents machine... Windows 7 XBMC 12.3 Everything was working fine until about a week ago but now when they choose a program they want to watch they click ok but no episodes are listed? I have updated it from 2.52 to 2.54 but no change, I have uninstalled it rebooted then installed 2.54 again fresh but still the same? Any ideas?

Can anyone help with this please? am I in the wrong section?
(2014-02-26, 01:12)mbc0 Wrote: Can anyone help with this please? am I in the wrong section?

You'll get a much better response if you upload a debug log showing what's happening. I'm not sure anyone can troubleshoot it from your description.
Thank you for helping me out!

I will have to login remotely & see if I can find the logfile...

Thank You
Hi,
Does anybody know how to change the text file for the iplayer settings to allow it to cache me buffer like you can in advanced settings in xbmc. My other add ons can buffer to the memory while paused, but the iplayer doesn't.
Is there another repo now that Hitcher's is gone or do we just have to install from zip's?
(2014-02-26, 17:48)sam3317 Wrote: Is there another repo now that Hitcher's is gone or do we just have to install from zip's?

Nope its just zips at the moment.

I've asked a few times in this thread for someone to submit it to the official repo but no luck yet Sad
(2014-02-26, 18:48)zag Wrote:
(2014-02-26, 17:48)sam3317 Wrote: Is there another repo now that Hitcher's is gone or do we just have to install from zip's?

Nope its just zips at the moment.

I've asked a few times in this thread for someone to submit it to the official repo but no luck yet Sad

PLEASE do not submit to the official Repo. This is a sure-fire way of raising the profile to Auntie and having access blocked.

Note Lord Hall's comments today at the Commons Select Committee on extending the Licence Fee to include iPlayer (frankly, good news, but they'd need to control it which would mean that DRM and access to those of us temporarily stuck overseas would be in trouble).

Keep this LOW PROFILE ! Please !!!
Agreed dlake02. Others: I have commented on this in detail already in this thread.
Afternoon

I'm a bit bemused by the problem I have at the moment where I'm encountering some serious buffering issues.

Symptoms are selecting a Programme, it starts the buffering with the progress bar moving quickly to 70% where it sits for a couple of secs. Then it carries on and the programme will start playing but then stop to buffer every few seconds.

The weird thing is that it used to work with no problems.

The config is set to stream to auto bandwidth.
I can get the same programme running side-by-side on the desktop iplayer simultaneously with no issues (so not a latency issue).
I;ve adjusted the cache as per previous posts.

I love XBMC, and this is the only issue I'm experiencing. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dan
(Here's hoping this is the right place to post this query!)
I use The Little Black Box to deliver XBMC and use this primarily for streaming programmes via your iPlayer 2.5.4 plugin.
The default TLBB skin offers among other things a Favourites category in addition to the standard XBMC System, Programs, etc. categories.
If I place the iPlayer thumbnail into Favourites and launch programmes from there, everything works well, but if I open the plugin and place a BBC One live TV thumbnail, a BBC Two live TV thumbnail, etc. individually into Favourites to reduce the number of remote presses to launch any one of these, it will work properly only sometimes.
Is this likely to be a characteristic of the iPlayer plugin, or more likely to be a characteristic of my TLBB?
If the former, can it be fixed or worked around?
If the latter, I'll address my query to TLBB for assistance.
(2014-02-18, 01:37)mbc0 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Many Thanks

(2014-02-26, 01:12)mbc0 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Can anyone help with this please? am I in the wrong section?

Hi, I have just uninstalled XMBC & Reinstalled only to have the same problem :-( (This is really hard as I am doing this remotely and my parents have very slow internet) when I go into each section it shows me that there are episode available but when I select the program (any) I just see the 2 dots (..) on the screen and no episodes are displayed :-(

here is a copy of the log, I really hope you can help me solve this please....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38473789/xbmc.log

Thank You
Is there any way to have this working as some sort of alarm clock? I have tried probably the most obvious way of using the playlist at XBMC startup feature but I can't seem to find a way to use the live stream of BBC 1 in the playlist. I've put it as a playlist, but it refuses to play more than once.

Any ideas folks?

Edit: Re-did what I previously attempted with the playlist and it seems to be working again, hopefully it won't time out or whatever by the time I wake up Smile

Edit 2: And.....it timed out by the time I woke up and didn't work as an alarm :/

Check my sig.
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13